USC 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Re: USC 2011

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

krad wrote:TT's been blowing up in interesting ways today, I had to stop by.

Also, curious, how many other former Bruins are applying to USC with me? :)
+1. I'd be lying if I said it was a serious conflict of interests though. I really don't mind being a BruJan or a TroUin or whatever.

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote: Let's get this thread back on the tracks.
I think that's USC's job (which they are failing).
Agreed. Your move, Southern California.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:20 pm

So I innocently clicked on this thread to bitch about USC, and I find a long back-and-forth about Chick-fil-a and significant others and biological urges? Huh.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 pm

beachbum wrote:So I innocently clicked on this thread to bitch about USC, and I find a long back-and-forth about Chick-fil-a and significant others and biological urges? Huh.
It's fitting the true spirit of Trojans.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beachbum wrote:So I innocently clicked on this thread to bitch about USC, and I find a long back-and-forth about Chick-fil-a and significant others and biological urges? Huh.
:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:26 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Well done.=]

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote: Let's get this thread back on the tracks.
I think that's USC's job (which they are failing).
Seriously, what the hell. The only thing I'm thankful for is that I'm still IR 11/22 and not DF. I don't know how all you DF for a month people are holding it together, that is crazy!

smokeylarue

Silver

Post by smokeylarue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Has anyone called their admissions office? SOMEONE there must know what their mailing schedule is.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:00 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Has anyone called their admissions office? SOMEONE there must know what their mailing schedule is.
you do it.

edit: and let us know what they say :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:02 pm

applepiecrust wrote:How did USC communicate decisions last year?
And how come the last set of decision finalized people have also not heard anything (was just looking at some of the rest of the thread)?

More importantly, in case my DF 1/3 does mean I am in, does USC offer subsidized trips to LA for admitted students weekends? Because THAT would be awesome.
I believe USC sent decisions last year exclusively via snail mail, and acceptances came in rejection-sized envelopes, so don't freak out thinking you didn't get in when you get a small envelope instead of the typical large acceptance package.

I can't check my mail until Monday, so for all I know the letter got there today and I just don't know it. As nice as that would be, I doubt it's the case. IF they mail the DF 1/3ers letters in a timely manner, I would guess they're going into the mail maybe today and people will start receiving them Friday at the earliest. But considering the DF 12/8ers still have heard nothing, I'm not holding my breath.

And if USC offers subsidized visits, I will totally be taking them up on that.

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 pm

tag :)

WonkyPanda

Bronze

Post by WonkyPanda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm

WTF just happened? This thread literally got owned.

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

glitter178 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Has anyone called their admissions office? SOMEONE there must know what their mailing schedule is.
you do it.

Just called and they said some decisions were mailed yesterday!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Post by lakerfanimal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
you do it.

:shock:

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Anyone near LA DF 12/8 or 1/3 and want to let us know when they get their letter? :D I'm probably one of the furthest away and will be last to get it if they mailed both batches out yesterday.

mah

New

Post by mah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:25 pm

I am what seems to be the only DF 12/3 and I live in Orange County so I'm ready for some USC mail today. I'll let everyone know if I get something.

ISTAND

Bronze

Post by ISTAND » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 pm

justadude55 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
giddybiscuit wrote: I would normally be excited about this (Chick Fil A in California? Yea!) but I just found out they joined some rabid anti-gay organisation so I feel morally obligated to go without ;)
You shouldn't be surprised since it's the only food chain that closes on Sundays.
You're buying chicken sandwiches, not voting them into office. They're Christian people who are following their religion. Are they closed-minded and morally wrong, yeah, but it's not like they're promoting anti-gay violence or anything. I think it's much worse to support a company who has been accused of animal cruelty such as KFC as they are directly doing something negative rather than a company who just has a backwards political view.
Calling someone closed minded, morally wrong and backwards due to their beliefs (religion, political etc.) makes YOU a bigot, biased, prejudiced, intolerant...More generally, a jerk. Jews close on Saturdays, Christians on Sundays. If you have a problem with that then...

Btw I submitted my app early December, automatically showed complete, following week switched to In Review and few days ago updated to In Review again with new date.
Last edited by ISTAND on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 pm

ISTAND wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
giddybiscuit wrote: I would normally be excited about this (Chick Fil A in California? Yea!) but I just found out they joined some rabid anti-gay organisation so I feel morally obligated to go without ;)
You shouldn't be surprised since it's the only food chain that closes on Sundays.
You're buying chicken sandwiches, not voting them into office. They're Christian people who are following their religion. Are they closed-minded and morally wrong, yeah, but it's not like they're promoting anti-gay violence or anything. I think it's much worse to support a company who has been accused of animal cruelty such as KFC as they are directly doing something negative rather than a company who just has a backwards political view.
Calling someone closed minded, morally wrong and backwards due to their beliefs (religion, political etc.) makes YOU a bigot, biased, prejudiced, intolerant...More generally, a jerk. Jews close on Saturdays, Christians on Sundays. If you have a problem with that then...

Seriously people STOP with the stupid Chik-fil-A use this kind of stuff in "picking a law school" or something, its very difficult to sift through all these im sorry to say extremely STUPID posts.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

mah wrote:I am what seems to be the only DF 12/3 and I live in Orange County so I'm ready for some USC mail today. I'll let everyone know if I get something.

Hey good to see another UCI grad on here...I think I've only seen one or 2 :)

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

glitter, i don't mean to call you out on talking about your man, but it was in the middle of a friendly debate. when you're in court, i sure hope you don't start bringing in your husband as evidence.

mah

New

Post by mah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Gotti wrote:
mah wrote:I am what seems to be the only DF 12/3 and I live in Orange County so I'm ready for some USC mail today. I'll let everyone know if I get something.

Go Anteaters!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm

justadude55 wrote:glitter, i don't mean to call you out on talking about your man, but it was in the middle of a friendly debate. when you're in court, i sure hope you don't start bringing in your husband as evidence.

omg why are we still talking about this lol. she didn't use it as evidence...she said FWIW. This conversation is absolutely unnecessary. Either stop having it altogether or PM each other. Just stop it.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm

mah wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Go Anteaters!
uci! 8)

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:58 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
you do it.

i.e. not my decision. :x

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Take all the off-topic nonsense to the lounge...

Good luck to those DF with letters possibly in the mail!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”