USC 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BrightLine

Bronze

Re: USC 2011

Post by BrightLine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 am

After "decision finalized" the only thing to do is wait the week or so it takes to get something in the mail?

crankyankees

New

Post by crankyankees » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 am

how many of us from the 11/22 group are still waiting? my status updated after i sent a loci but no movement since.

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am

crankyankees wrote:how many of us from the 11/22 group are still waiting? my status updated after i sent a loci but no movement since.
I was UR 11/22. Emailed the school and got updated to 2/20 and nothing since.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 am

I e-mailed them three weeks ago and my status checker never updated. Whatever.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 am

Sometimes I forget that I even applied to USC... I emailed an LOCI last week with updated employment information, but nothing changed :| Complete since early Dec, not even IR yet. I guess they're hating on this Bruin. Woot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crankyankees

New

Post by crankyankees » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

geez. their admissions process is all over the place.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

Burgstaller04 wrote:
crankyankees wrote:how many of us from the 11/22 group are still waiting? my status updated after i sent a loci but no movement since.
I was UR 11/22. Emailed the school and got updated to 2/20 and nothing since.
Maybe they just updated your status checker to show you that they have it. They didn't even respond to my email.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

krad wrote:Sometimes I forget that I even applied to USC... I emailed an LOCI last week with updated employment information, but nothing changed :| Complete since early Dec, not even IR yet. I guess they're hating on this Bruin. Woot.
Also complete as of early Dec...

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

BrightLine wrote:After "decision finalized" the only thing to do is wait the week or so it takes to get something in the mail?
Sometimes you get an email to the admitted students page before you get the snail mail acceptance. But even the email doesn't go to everyone at the same time (could be a day or two here and there) so not getting an email at the same time as everyone doesn't neccesarily mean a ding.

I got my email 4 days after acceptance and snail mail 5-7 days after acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BrightLine

Bronze

Post by BrightLine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 am

JJDancer wrote:
BrightLine wrote:After "decision finalized" the only thing to do is wait the week or so it takes to get something in the mail?
Sometimes you get an email to the admitted students page before you get the snail mail acceptance. But even the email doesn't go to everyone at the same time (could be a day or two here and there) so not getting an email at the same time as everyone doesn't neccesarily mean a ding.

I got my email 4 days after acceptance and snail mail 5-7 days after acceptance.
Wow, could they make a system to make people any more anxious?

Thanks for the response though.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:48 am

Every day that goes by gives me false illusions that they're considering flying me out for a Rothman interview...yeah that's not happening...or is it?

fish tacos

Bronze

Post by fish tacos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm

11/22 yeahhhhhhh woo hoo.

HNSA15

New

Post by HNSA15 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm

I was IR 11/22, then IR 2/22, and went Decision Finalized yesterday 2/28. I hope I get the decision soon!!!! I'm so nervous!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

I got a letter inviting me to the admitted students reception in my area next week. Second thing inviting me to admitted students thing and indirectly telling me I'm in, still no admissions packet.

crankyankees

New

Post by crankyankees » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

I called and asked about the Rothman and the office said it takes USC a little more time to process and review those applications thoroughly. So being in limbo is a good thing maybe?

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:29 pm

crankyankees wrote:I called and asked about the Rothman and the office said it takes USC a little more time to process and review those applications thoroughly. So being in limbo is a good thing maybe?
THIS makes me feel .0005% better! :) Haha thanks for being proactive and making the phone call the rest of us Rothman applicants wanted to make.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Is anyone still complete Oct?

...cuz I am :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RedItalus10

New

Post by RedItalus10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

tttlllsss wrote:Is anyone still complete Oct?

I'm complete 11/18....159/166/3.7...I called today..they said that the status checker is the best way to get an update on your file....I asked if it would be ok to send an LOCI and/or additional LORs...they said that my file is complete so I would not need them, and that it is a personal choice to send them or not...I am going to draft my first LOCI soon, probably with some sort of ED clause, stating that if I get in, I would attend (has anyone done this before?, thoughts?)

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:43 pm

RedItalus10 wrote:

I'm complete 11/18....159/166/3.7...I called today..they said that the status checker is the best way to get an update on your file....I asked if it would be ok to send an LOCI and/or additional LORs...they said that my file is complete so I would not need them, and that it is a personal choice to send them or not...I am going to draft my first LOCI soon, probably with some sort of ED clause, stating that if I get in, I would attend (has anyone done this before?, thoughts?)
I personally think it's ridiculous to send a LOCI just because a school is taking a long time. That's a personal opinion more than anything; I just feel like they are going to make 99.99999% of their decision on what they have, and no ED-ish clause is going to help that. If you get waitlisted, completely different story.

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:59 pm

pereira6 wrote:
RedItalus10 wrote:

I personally think it's ridiculous to send a LOCI just because a school is taking a long time. That's a personal opinion more than anything; I just feel like they are going to make 99.99999% of their decision on what they have, and no ED-ish clause is going to help that. If you get waitlisted, completely different story.
I agree. Just be patient.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:02 pm

pereira6 wrote:
RedItalus10 wrote:

Credited for USC. Not so much for UVA or other schools that YP. Lots of people, who otherwise would have been YP'd, got in to UVA because of their LOCI.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crankyankees

New

Post by crankyankees » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 pm

pereira6 wrote:
crankyankees wrote:I called and asked about the Rothman and the office said it takes USC a little more time to process and review those applications thoroughly. So being in limbo is a good thing maybe?
THIS makes me feel .0005% better! :) Haha thanks for being proactive and making the phone call the rest of us Rothman applicants wanted to make.

haha np. gives me the teeniest sliver of hope.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:27 pm

bdubs wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
Credited for USC. Not so much for UVA or other schools that YP. Lots of people, who otherwise would have been YP'd, got in to UVA because of their LOCI.
In a perfect world, one would research everything about applying to law school before they actually apply, and send in a genuine Why X essay with their application to prevent the YP.

A LOCI because a school is taking forever and annoying/worrying applicants is different from a LOCI that is intended as a YP-preventer/Why X.

mohuohu

New

Post by mohuohu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 am

BrightLine wrote:
JJDancer wrote:

Wow, could they make a system to make people any more anxious?

Thanks for the response though.

Yeah this is pretty nerve-wracking. I called them today and the refused to give me my decision over the phone. They even said they won't email a decision to anyone (not sure I believe that second part).

Still, it's good to know that at least something's on the way, whatever the decision may be.

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 am

mohuohu wrote:
Yeah this is pretty nerve-wracking. I called them today and the refused to give me my decision over the phone. They even said they won't email a decision to anyone (not sure I believe that second part).

Still, it's good to know that at least something's on the way, whatever the decision may be.
Yeah, they actually don't email decisions to anyone. The email other posters are talking about is the one with the login info for the admitted student portal, which some people happen to get before the acceptance letter arrives in their mailbox. Although people can obviously find out they were admitted through that email, the email is not meant as a formal acceptance email. It's just supposed to give you the login info. Anyway, good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”