Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 pm

slax wrote:Yahoo for those who got the email! You will surely nail the call!

r6 - I'm still hanging with you in the support group. A numbers twin got an email but applied later. Hopefully a second wave comes out today. Either way, the situation calls for a sad face. :(


Sad face indeed! :cry: Maybe because they associate Phillies with losers still...

MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby MM326 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 pm

lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


When did you go complete and UR? Someone today got a JR1 after a few weeks! Don't lose hope!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


HA HA :evil:

haver1234
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby haver1234 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:54 pm

JR1 as well this morning. Got it in the middle of teaching 7th graders. Stopped class to inform them. :)

Good luck everyone in all camps of waiting.
Last edited by haver1234 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 pm

MM326 wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


When did you go complete and UR? Someone today got a JR1 after a few weeks! Don't lose hope!


3 weeks for me. So that's a long time in these things.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby slax » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 pm

Knock wrote:
slax wrote:Yahoo for those who got the email! You will surely nail the call!

r6 - I'm still hanging with you in the support group. A numbers twin got an email but applied later. Hopefully a second wave comes out today. Either way, the situation calls for a sad face. :(


It's okay slax, we can commiserate together.



The worst is checking the spam folder in gmail and seeing hooray, no spam here! No gmail. Not hooray. Give me spam from Harvard.


Edit to r6 - Maybe they are bitter that the Phillies stole the Red Sox underdog spotlight. Or that the Bruins didn't deliver last season.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:57 pm

slax wrote:
Knock wrote:
slax wrote:Yahoo for those who got the email! You will surely nail the call!

r6 - I'm still hanging with you in the support group. A numbers twin got an email but applied later. Hopefully a second wave comes out today. Either way, the situation calls for a sad face. :(


It's okay slax, we can commiserate together.



The worst is checking the spam folder in gmail and seeing hooray, no spam here! No gmail. Not hooray. Give me spam from Harvard.


I feel you. But congrats to everyone who got a JR1 email today!

nowgodieinafireplzkthx

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
I feel you. But congrats to everyone who got a JR1 email today!

nowgodieinafireplzkthx


Hey another 170 from our neck of the woods! :mrgreen:

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lshamlet » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 pm

lshamlet wrote:
Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!



Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm

jd2014! wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!



Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


Held = waitlist?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
I feel you. But congrats to everyone who got a JR1 email today!

nowgodieinafireplzkthx


Hey another 170 from our neck of the woods! :mrgreen:


170 is a burden! lol. I actually realized the question I got wrong right as time was called. I was in the first row so there was no way I could sneak a quick erase-and-bubble.

And now I'm stuck in limbo. grrrrrr

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lshamlet » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm

jd2014! wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!



Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


Is that the waitlist?

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Ragged » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:06 pm

jd2014! wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!



Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


What does "Held" exactly mean? I got that last cycle and then rejected in a couple of weeks... I thought "held" just meant an administrative backlog or something. Is being "Held" better than off the bat rejected?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:08 pm

jd2014! wrote:Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


Pre-thanksgiving JR1, no pre-thanksgiving JR2+No December decision from Stanford=Fate worse than death.. I keep replaying my JR1 interview in my head and I grow more and more sure I will be held every day.

MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby MM326 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


Pre-thanksgiving JR1, no pre-thanksgiving JR2+No December decision from Stanford=Fate worse than death.. I keep replaying my JR1 interview in my head and I grow more and more sure I will be held every day.


If we dont get a pre-thanksgiving JR2, is it likely that we won't hear back until much much later?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:13 pm

jd2014! wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
Knock wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
It's okay, i'm already on step 5, acceptance.


I'm getting there already, it's not so bad! I just hate thinking about waiting around for a decision or something til like march...ugh. just rip the bandaid off, dang it!



Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


What does "Held" exactly mean? I got that last cycle and then rejected in a couple of weeks... I thought "held" just meant an administrative backlog or something. Is being "Held" better than off the bat rejected?


It means that they were "interested in your application," but not enough to offer a JR1. They put you in the "TBD in March" pile. Some holds are waitlisted, some are rejected, very few get a JR1. ::Shudders::

I guess it's better than an immediate ding, in the sense that they don't find your app hilarious/absurd, but I think it usually means a longer wait for bad news.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:15 pm

From the HLS Admissions Blog: --LinkRemoved--

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby incompetentia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't know why, but my mental image of JR was like an uber-educated straight Clay Aiken. Still not sure if the truth is more or less intimidating.



In other news, I've updated to Under Review for the first time (11/5). Still time for a pre-Thanksgiving JR1??
Probably dreaming either way considering my GPA. Watch me get held 8)

User avatar
mgoblue11
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mgoblue11 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Just pray that you don't get "held." That's the place where HLS applicants go to die a slow death.


Pre-thanksgiving JR1, no pre-thanksgiving JR2+No December decision from Stanford=Fate worse than death.. I keep replaying my JR1 interview in my head and I grow more and more sure I will be held every day.


+1. Constant post-JR1 second-guessing FTL.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:29 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
I feel you. But congrats to everyone who got a JR1 email today!

nowgodieinafireplzkthx


Hey another 170 from our neck of the woods! :mrgreen:


170 is a burden! lol. I actually realized the question I got wrong right as time was called. I was in the first row so there was no way I could sneak a quick erase-and-bubble.

And now I'm stuck in limbo. grrrrrr


Me too! My last LR question before the break. There was my 171. Guess not meant to be.

User avatar
mydogteddy
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mydogteddy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
MM326 wrote:
lshamlet wrote:sigh...Beginning to lose hope. Oh well!


When did you go complete and UR? Someone today got a JR1 after a few weeks! Don't lose hope!


3 weeks for me. So that's a long time in these things.


FWIW, I went UR 10/6 and just got my JR1 email this morning. That's one day less than a month of being under review. You still have a shot- I know it's miserable, but try to hang in there!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

mydogteddy wrote:FWIW, I went UR 10/6 and just got my JR1 email this morning. That's one day less than a month of being under review. You still have a shot- I know it's miserable, but try to hang in there!


Thanks for the kind words! Again congrats on yours, I hope to have something report next week :D

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby slax » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Is anyone who received the jr1 email today willing to share stats?

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby oxford_don » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:19 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon May 12, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: criley01, hellohalo, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests