Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
misterbingley

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misterbingley » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Last week on here, I predicted that we wouldn't hear back from H until Friday. And I bet my friend that I'd take him out to a (fancy) dinner if I was wrong, and vice versa.

Hedging has actually turned out to be a great strategy. I actually wouldn't mind not hearing back until Friday in order to get this free dinner. And I'd be just as happy hearing back before Friday.

champsound

Postby champsound » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Hearing everyone's high stats is so discouraging... I am below the 25th for average of LSATs and below 25th for GPA... what am I still doing here?

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 am

I hate to say that tommorrow should be the day, since I've done that repeatedly and HLS keeps holding back on us. So today, I'm just going to say I hope to see movement tommorrow.

Zabini

Postby Zabini » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:28 am

After being accepted by GULC and WLed by UCLA (????) today, Harvard is officially the last school I'm waiting on. Please to be giving me good news JR.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 am

*Obligatory but cruel and unrelated held-bait post*

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:*Obligatory but cruel and unrelated held-bait post*

+1 i'd prefer movement in this thread to be rooted in actual harvard movement, but i've learned to take what i can get.

let's start fighting about something random to rack up the posts again!

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

--ImageRemoved--

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:25 pm

misterbingley wrote:

+1 i'd prefer movement in this thread to be rooted in actual harvard movement, but i've learned to take what i can get.

Mr. Darcy > Mr. Bingley

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm

chasgoose wrote:
misterbingley wrote:

Mr. Darcy > Mr. Bingley

April 20. So, 10 more days max, right?

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:31 pm

neonx wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
misterbingley wrote:

Mr. Darcy > Mr. Bingley

April 20. So, 10 more days max, right?

And then there's the interminable extra time we might get to wait on the waitlist...

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:34 pm

chasgoose wrote:Mr. Darcy > Mr. Bingley

Very interesting. I think it depends on the girl. If you're looking for a challenge, Mr. Darcy is definitely better. However, if you're just looking to settle down with a really nice guy, Mr. Bingley is your man.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:35 pm

ebeth wrote:

Very interesting. I think it depends on the girl. If you're looking for a challenge, Mr. Darcy is definitely better. However, if you're just looking to settle down with a really nice guy, Mr. Bingley is your man.

Yeah actually I like Mr. Bingley better because I am too lazy to deal with Mr. Darcy's bullshit, but I was mostly trying to get a good fight going. Apparently I failed...

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

chasgoose wrote:
ebeth wrote:

Yeah actually I like Mr. Bingley better because I am too lazy to deal with Mr. Darcy's bullshit, but I was mostly trying to get a good fight going. Apparently I failed...

Was Mr. Bingley a ginger in the book?

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 pm

neonx wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
ebeth wrote:

Let's at least try to keep this relevant.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 pm

CastleRock wrote:Let's at least try to keep this relevant.

Yeah, because there's so much action going on today.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:43 pm

neonx wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
ebeth wrote:

I don't know, but since the movie, I imagine him as a red-head (or shall I say CRIMSON-head to keep things relevant for CastleRock).

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm

neonx wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Let's at least try to keep this relevant.

Yeah, because there's so much action going on today.

Well I hope there will be. Obviously there hasn't been.

There are better places to have a discussion regarding the merits of literary characters related to a posters name.

But in the end I was just tormenting everyone anyways. Tls is never on topic anyways.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 pm

On the topic of things related to usernames or avatars, this thread and this situation already depresses me and your avatar CR is just the icing on that depression cake. That dog looks so miserable!

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:On the topic of things related to usernames or avatars, this thread and this situation already depresses me and your avatar CR is just the icing on that depression cake. That dog looks so miserable!

She pouts a ton.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:22 pm

chasgoose wrote:

I appreciate the attempt though. :) It had the makings of another 3 page debate. but i'm satisfied with almost pushing it to 183

ps: it is never stated that he's red-headed in the novel. and i'm team bingley (obvi) because i love his dorkiness

Zabini

Postby Zabini » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:28 pm

I can't fathom what women like about Mr. Darcy. The guy is an unrepentant prick for at least 3/4 of the story but then in the closing scene, he whips out possibly the cheesiest line in history ("Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* "Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* give me a break PLEASE) and suddenly everything is OK and he's the Man of Every Girl's Dreams???

caveat: my only familiarity with Pride and Prejudice is from the movie, which I was dragooned into seeing by my gf and another female friend. I suppose its posible that his evolution into something other than an insufferable cad is better laid out in the book. But honestly, I just don't get it.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Zabini wrote:I can't fathom what women like about Mr. Darcy. The guy is an unrepentant prick for at least 3/4 of the story but then in the closing scene, he whips out possibly the cheesiest line in history ("Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* "Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* give me a break PLEASE) and suddenly everything is OK and he's the Man of Every Girl's Dreams???

caveat: my only familiarity with Pride and Prejudice is from the movie, which I was dragooned into seeing by my gf and another female friend. I suppose its posible that his evolution into something other than an insufferable cad is better laid out in the book. But honestly, I just don't get it.

Yeah, you need to read the book. Although I liked the movie OK. The main point is that he's a great guy with one severe character flaw. The whole story is about how his interaction with her mends that flaw.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:22 pm

misterbingley wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

I appreciate the attempt though. :) It had the makings of another 3 page debate. but i'm satisfied with almost pushing it to 183

ps: it is never stated that he's red-headed in the novel. and i'm team bingley (obvi) because i love his dorkiness

I'm sorry to report though, that he is officially out, so if you're female, all hope is gone.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Zabini wrote:After being accepted by GULC and WLed by UCLA (????) today, Harvard is officially the last school I'm waiting on. Please to be giving me good news JR.

My friend got WL at Stanford then Rejected at UCLA. Sooo weird.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:26 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Zabini wrote:I can't fathom what women like about Mr. Darcy. The guy is an unrepentant prick for at least 3/4 of the story but then in the closing scene, he whips out possibly the cheesiest line in history ("Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* "Mrs. Darcy" *smooch* give me a break PLEASE) and suddenly everything is OK and he's the Man of Every Girl's Dreams???

Yeah, you need to read the book. Although I liked the movie OK. The main point is that he's a great guy with one severe character flaw. The whole story is about how his interaction with her mends that flaw.

Well it's about how they both have a flaw, although each of them really projects their own flaw onto the other in the beginning, before realizing they were mistaken, and in so doing, mending their actual character defects.--> thus "Pride and Prejudice."
Yes, the book makes Mr. Darcy's worth much more apparent than the movie.

Additionally, in the movie or the book, Mr. Darcy comes across as much more intelligent. That's worth at least 7 all by itself on a scale of 1-10 for attractiveness of men.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”