Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby law_monkey » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 am

arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 am

law_monkey wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.


I dunno. they might make an exception for 66 pages of legalese. I hear they're into that sort of thing.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:40 am

law_monkey wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.

Truth. You should definitely snail mail it to them. Definitely a solid LOCI.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:43 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.

Truth. You should definitely snail mail it to them. Definitely a solid LOCI.


The postage on that would be out of control. :lol:

User avatar
cucullu
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cucullu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.

Truth. You should definitely snail mail it to them. Definitely a solid LOCI.


The postage on that would be out of control. :lol:

Media Mail.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby The Stig » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 am

anyone else not a particular fan of how the thread counts keeps climbing up to 180 and leaving their lsat score in the dust? it feels like a constant reminder of how my lsat is under their median....

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 am

The Stig wrote:anyone else not a particular fan of how the thread counts keeps climbing up to 180 and leaving their lsat score in the dust? it feels like a constant reminder of how my lsat is under their median....


Retake.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ebeth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:31 am

The Stig wrote:anyone else not a particular fan of how the thread counts keeps climbing up to 180 and leaving their lsat score in the dust? it feels like a constant reminder of how my lsat is under their median....


YES. This drove me crazy in the Stanford thread.

User avatar
afcanoe
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby afcanoe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 am

law_monkey wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:I just finished my thesis. 66 pages. Whatev Harvard


Whatever you do don't email it to them. Word on the street is they don't like emails.


Seriously. It is infuriating that they want me to send them my withdrawal snail mail when they haven't even bothered to give me a decision after having my app. for SEVEN months. Ridic.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

Harvard, my last hope.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 am

r6_philly wrote:Harvard, my last hope.

Waitlists today.

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby nadopretz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 am

r6_philly wrote:Harvard, my last hope.


Thanks for breaking the silence. The crickets were making me crazy. I hope someone, anyone, hears something today. They are prepping for the admitted students' weekend though, so that is doubtful. Good luck to all!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 am

CastleRock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Harvard, my last hope.

Waitlists today.


Your optimism is infectious.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ebeth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:Harvard, my last hope.


I am rooting for you! :D

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:37 pm

The Stig wrote:anyone else not a particular fan of how the thread counts keeps climbing up to 180 and leaving their lsat score in the dust? it feels like a constant reminder of how my lsat is under their median....


This is just the sort of neuroticism that makes you awesome.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:25 pm

So if (knock on wood) waitlists don't come out today, what do ya'll think this means?

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm

.
Last edited by eaa1537 on Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:31 pm

arkansawyer wrote:So if (knock on wood) waitlists don't come out today, what do ya'll think this means?


i don't think it's waitlist time yet.. there's still probably some holds to reject (i didnt see any april hold rejections)

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 pm

mcweanis wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:So if (knock on wood) waitlists don't come out today, what do ya'll think this means?


i don't think it's waitlist time yet.. there's still probably some holds to reject (i didnt see any april hold rejections)

You realize that last year one of the largest waves of rejections actually came after waitlists, right?

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:36 pm

So, does anyone know if the JR1/JR2 combo calls mentioned here on TLS and on LSN have been preceded by an email scheduling the call?

One more thing on which those still alive can fixate :twisted: .

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:So, does anyone know if the JR1/JR2 combo calls mentioned here on TLS and on LSN have been preceded by an email scheduling the call?

One more thing on which those still alive can fixate :twisted: .


Yep. Usually a 1-2 days before. And these were done early to mid May last year. After WLs.

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:54 pm

First ding of the day reported 15 minutes ago on LSN.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

miamiman09 wrote:First ding of the day reported 15 minutes ago on LSN.

Could be residual from other days.

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 pm

CastleRock wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:First ding of the day reported 15 minutes ago on LSN.

Could be residual from other days.


Possible, but another just posted.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 pm

miamiman09 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:First ding of the day reported 15 minutes ago on LSN.

Could be residual from other days.


Possible, but another just posted.

I hope so. I sure want some movement.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”