Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
A question, folks:

I went from a JR1 --> weeks of silence --> LOCI --> held --> sent in extra material --> my status is now "under review" again on the status checker.

But now I can't remember if the status checker ever said "held" (or, i.e., what it did say when I was held). Would it have been something other than "UR" when I was held? Even though knowing what my status means is not of any consequence to whether I will be accepted, I'm curious...
Haha, I bet I wasn't the only one to look at my status checker after reading this.


it was never "held" for me. It just updated to Under Review 1/10 which was the hold date.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 pm

My status didn't even change after my LOCI.

chiedisevuoi
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby chiedisevuoi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:
A question, folks:

I went from a JR1 --> weeks of silence --> LOCI --> held --> sent in extra material --> my status is now "under review" again on the status checker.

But now I can't remember if the status checker ever said "held" (or, i.e., what it did say when I was held). Would it have been something other than "UR" when I was held? Even though knowing what my status means is not of any consequence to whether I will be accepted, I'm curious...
Haha, I bet I wasn't the only one to look at my status checker after reading this.


it was never "held" for me. It just updated to Under Review 1/10 which was the hold date.


thanks. this was precisely what I needed--now I see that my "current status date" for "application under review" is in fact the hold date. hm.

dkt4
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dkt4 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:36 am

Sicsofs wrote:That's what i thought it was supposed to be like. Thanks bro and congrats. It looks like you have had a sick cycle.


thanks -- if you have any other q's you can PM me, but beyond that it's not really a complex interview or anything...it only lasted about 5-8 mins for me, and apparently that's pretty typical. it's not really something to stress about.


Kiwi917 wrote:Mine was essentially the same as this. I thought it went fine, save for a little awkward rambling at a couple points - but no JR2 for me. I like to think I didn't screw up that badly, but JR might disagree... I knew I was a very borderline candidate, though, and was shocked to get an interview in the first place.


i have no idea what he's actually looking for in the interview...couldn't tell you, sorry to hear though :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

6 months today!

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:6 months today!


5 months 2 days here!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Seems odd to be this quiet. Now I wonder if we would even hear back by 4/29. People with 4/15 deadlines must be mighty nervous.

User avatar
GotYourselfAStewGoin
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:Seems odd to be this quiet. Now I wonder if we would even hear back by 4/29. People with 4/15 deadlines must be mighty nervous.


We are.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Seems odd to be this quiet. Now I wonder if we would even hear back by 4/29. People with 4/15 deadlines must be mighty nervous.


We are.


Chicago? Best of luck man, all the schools should have the same deadlines, it would be a shame to have to withdraw because of timing.

aspeer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby aspeer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Do you guys know what the average wait time is between complete and JR1? I know it probably varies from application to applicant, but if people could share their experiences, it would be great!

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 pm

aspeer wrote:Do you guys know what the average wait time is between complete and JR1? I know it probably varies from application to applicant, but if people could share their experiences, it would be great!


At the beginning of the cycle, many people received JR1 emails before they went complete. Some received them after, and some received them way after (like after being held). But no JR1 invitations have gone out for weeks.

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby nadopretz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Seems odd to be this quiet. Now I wonder if we would even hear back by 4/29. People with 4/15 deadlines must be mighty nervous.


We are.


+1. Very nervous.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Well I just went back through and I didn't hear back last year until well into May. :shock:

Although I did apply much later than this year, but it's funny I was all over the H thread exactly 365 days ago.

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby nadopretz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm

,
Last edited by nadopretz on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 pm

nadopretz wrote:Anyone notice the latest tweet? Lots of decisions this week, in the interest of time they will be notifying applicants of decisions, acceptances included. Sorry to paraphrase, reading it off my phone and need to go to a meeting.

Yale

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

nadopretz wrote:Anyone notice the latest tweet? Lots of decisions this week, in the interest of time they will be notifying applicants of decisions, acceptances included. Sorry to paraphrase, reading it off my phone and need to go to a meeting.


Wasnt that Yale?

mcgarnagle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mcgarnagle » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

For what its worth, Held today. been under review since mid-February. No JR1.

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby nadopretz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:02 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:
nadopretz wrote:Anyone notice the latest tweet? Lots of decisions this week, in the interest of time they will be notifying applicants of decisions, acceptances included. Sorry to paraphrase, reading it off my phone and need to go to a meeting.


Wasnt that Yale?

Wrong forum. The pressure is getting to clearly.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 pm

nadopretz wrote:Wrong forum. The pressure is getting to clearly.

:lol:

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:24 pm

This volume of holds is insane. I just don't get it. Gonna be a bloodbath when they finally make a move.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:This volume of holds is insane. I just don't get it. Gonna be a bloodbath when they finally make a move.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr8bZ25uo1U

Hooold...
Hooooldd...
Hooollddd....
NOWWWW!!!

Sicsofs
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Sicsofs » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:This volume of holds is insane. I just don't get it. Gonna be a bloodbath when they finally make a move.


Maybe we will all get seats :smile:. Keep your heads down just to be safe, you don't wanna get picked off.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
r6_philly wrote:6 months today!


5 months 2 days here!


--ImageRemoved--

now you know it.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

now you know it.


+1 made my night

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misterbingley » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm

How can there be so many quiet days so close to the end??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests