Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 pm

acrossthelake wrote:We're all going under review and we're 2 weeks away from the 1 yr anniversary of the first JR1 e-mails. Whooo.

FOR THE SAKE OF FUTURE GENERATIONS, AS THE CYCLE WEARS ON, IF YOU COULD EITHER POST THIS INFO OR PM ME THIS INFO SO I COULD COMPILE AND AT THE END HAVE A PRETTY CHART SO THAT NEXT YEAR'S APPLICANTS DON'T HAVE TO DRUDGE THROUGH AN UNORGANIZED WHATEVER # PAGES:


Applied:
Complete:
Under Review:
(JR1 email):
JR1, if applicable:
JR2, if applicable:
LSAT/GPA:
Retake?
URM?
International?
Work experience?



STATS:
For those who got the first batch of JR1 invites:
Average LSAT: 176
Median LSAT: 173
Average GPA: 3.95
Median GPA: 3.95
n=8

For all batches of JR1s:

Last updated 10/21
n=15

Avg LSAT: 176
Avg GPA: 3.92
Median LSAT: 177
Median GPA: 3.94

So far:
# of ppl in ranges of
LSAT
<170 0
170-171 0
172-173 5
174-176 0
177-180 10
GPA
3.5x 0
3.6x 1
3.7x 1
3.8x 0
3.9x 12
4.x 1



This makes me want to cry.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:29 pm

arism87 wrote:This makes me want to cry.

Actually, I'm ok with it. They can't keep up this standard, so it looks like they are skimming the best to start. So possibly, we will get a chance later on.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

CastleRock wrote:
arism87 wrote:This makes me want to cry.

Actually, I'm ok with it. They can't keep up this standard, so it looks like they are skimming the best to start. So possibly, we will get a chance later on.


True, but still so very unattainable.. lol

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 pm

arism87 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
arism87 wrote:This makes me want to cry.

Actually, I'm ok with it. They can't keep up this standard, so it looks like they are skimming the best to start. So possibly, we will get a chance later on.


True, but still so very unattainable.. lol

my numbers are actually there, but I have a retake. :(

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm

CastleRock wrote:
arism87 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
arism87 wrote:This makes me want to cry.

Actually, I'm ok with it. They can't keep up this standard, so it looks like they are skimming the best to start. So possibly, we will get a chance later on.


True, but still so very unattainable.. lol

my numbers are actually there, but I have a retake. :(


Yeah sorry, in that case not much sympathy here... :)

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby slax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:34 pm

I didn't know the first page had been updated. I feel a little better though, so thanks. I'm near the average, so hopefully they widen their reach in the coming weeks for the rest of us.

Another question- how many of you go to a school that gives a+'s? I'm cursing myself for not knowing about this as a high school senior.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm

CastleRock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
slax wrote:Without being too specific if that makes you uncomfortable- how are those who've gotten jr1's number wise? Above medians? Above 75%? Do you think your softs are exceptional?

Just trying to make myself feel better about not getting one yet.

Most will tell you if you pm them.


How about just read the first post.

Lol, I haven't been to that page for a while.


How can you characterize your love for JR1 as a crack addiction if you haven't been researching, revisiting and reabsorbing every bit of JR1 info 8 times over? Huh? What say you?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:How can you characterize your love for JR1 as a crack addiction if you haven't been researching, revisiting and reabsorbing every bit of JR1 info 8 times over? Huh? What say you?

I didn't have to see that information, I've been pming people who get jr1s. Plus, ATL has been keeping me up to date on her research.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm pretty much giving up on a JR1, at least for a while. If I ever get one, I think it will come much later in the cycle, when they already have a good idea of their class composition, and/if they need what I have to offer (doubtful).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:How can you characterize your love for JR1 as a crack addiction if you haven't been researching, revisiting and reabsorbing every bit of JR1 info 8 times over? Huh? What say you?

I didn't have to see that information, I've been pming people who get jr1s. Plus, ATL has been keeping me up to date on her research.


Closet habit is the hardest to kick.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Knock wrote:I'm pretty much giving up on a JR1, at least for a while. If I ever get one, I think it will come much later in the cycle, when they already have a good idea of their class composition, and/if they need what I have to offer (doubtful).

+1

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Knock wrote:I'm pretty much giving up on a JR1, at least for a while. If I ever get one, I think it will come much later in the cycle, when they already have a good idea of their class composition, and/if they need what I have to offer (doubtful).


Yeah same, Knock. I definitely do not expect a JR1 anytime soon, if at all.

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm

[quote="]We're all going under review and we're 2 weeks away from the 1 yr anniversary of the first JR1 e-mails. Whooo.

FOR THE SAKE OF FUTURE GENERATIONS, AS THE CYCLE WEARS ON, IF YOU COULD EITHER POST THIS INFO OR PM ME THIS INFO SO I COULD COMPILE AND AT THE END HAVE A PRETTY CHART SO THAT NEXT YEAR'S APPLICANTS DON'T HAVE TO DRUDGE THROUGH AN UNORGANIZED WHATEVER # PAGES:


Applied:
Complete:
Under Review:
(JR1 email):
JR1, if applicable:
JR2, if applicable:
LSAT/GPA:
Retake?
URM?
International?
Work experience?



STATS:
For those who got the first batch of JR1 invites:
Average LSAT: 176
Median LSAT: 173
Average GPA: 3.95
Median GPA: 3.95
n=8

For all batches of JR1s:

Last updated 10/21
n=15

Avg LSAT: 176
Avg GPA: 3.92
Median LSAT: 177
Median GPA: 3.94

So far:
# of ppl in ranges of
LSAT
<170 0
170-171 0
172-173 5
174-176 0
177-180 10
GPA
3.5x 0
3.6x 1
3.7x 1
3.8x 0
3.9x 12
4.x 1[/quote]

Wow. 87% have at least a 3.9. I don't know if I should feel honored or freaked out by the fact that I have the lowest GPA of anyone that has received a JR1.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby thecilent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 pm

arism87 wrote:
We're all going under review and we're 2 weeks away from the 1 yr anniversary of the first JR1 e-mails. Whooo.

FOR THE SAKE OF FUTURE GENERATIONS, AS THE CYCLE WEARS ON, IF YOU COULD EITHER POST THIS INFO OR PM ME THIS INFO SO I COULD COMPILE AND AT THE END HAVE A PRETTY CHART SO THAT NEXT YEAR'S APPLICANTS DON'T HAVE TO DRUDGE THROUGH AN UNORGANIZED WHATEVER # PAGES:


Applied:
Complete:
Under Review:
(JR1 email):
JR1, if applicable:
JR2, if applicable:
LSAT/GPA:
Retake?
URM?
International?
Work experience?



STATS:
For those who got the first batch of JR1 invites:
Average LSAT: 176
Median LSAT: 173
Average GPA: 3.95
Median GPA: 3.95
n=8

For all batches of JR1s:

Last updated 10/21
n=15

Avg LSAT: 176
Avg GPA: 3.92
Median LSAT: 177
Median GPA: 3.94

So far:
# of ppl in ranges of
LSAT
<170 0
170-171 0
172-173 5
174-176 0
177-180 10
GPA
3.5x 0
3.6x 1
3.7x 1
3.8x 0
3.9x 12
4.x 1



This makes me want to cry.


I don't know why this makes you cry. If anything, this is comforting to those with a little bit lower numbers: they are only taking the best of the best right now...

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:24 pm

The 3.6x...do we know what the exact GPA is? I guess I'm probably not going to be in the first round of interviewees...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm

The fact is that 25% or more of the class have a 170 or less. So people with a 170 will eventually get a look, and I hope to be one of those who gets the nod, then. The chart is comforting because no one has gotten a JR1 yet, meaning it isn't our time. My GPA is in the 3.9 so maybe that's slightly encouraging since they are still trying to keep up the high GPA.

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:31 pm

incompetentia wrote:The 3.6x...do we know what the exact GPA is? I guess I'm probably not going to be in the first round of interviewees...


3.62

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 pm

thecilent wrote:
arism87 wrote:
We're all going under review and we're 2 weeks away from the 1 yr anniversary of the first JR1 e-mails. Whooo.

FOR THE SAKE OF FUTURE GENERATIONS, AS THE CYCLE WEARS ON, IF YOU COULD EITHER POST THIS INFO OR PM ME THIS INFO SO I COULD COMPILE AND AT THE END HAVE A PRETTY CHART SO THAT NEXT YEAR'S APPLICANTS DON'T HAVE TO DRUDGE THROUGH AN UNORGANIZED WHATEVER # PAGES:


Applied:
Complete:
Under Review:
(JR1 email):
JR1, if applicable:
JR2, if applicable:
LSAT/GPA:
Retake?
URM?
International?
Work experience?



STATS:
For those who got the first batch of JR1 invites:
Average LSAT: 176
Median LSAT: 173
Average GPA: 3.95
Median GPA: 3.95
n=8

For all batches of JR1s:

Last updated 10/21
n=15

Avg LSAT: 176
Avg GPA: 3.92
Median LSAT: 177
Median GPA: 3.94

So far:
# of ppl in ranges of
LSAT
<170 0
170-171 0
172-173 5
174-176 0
177-180 10
GPA
3.5x 0
3.6x 1
3.7x 1
3.8x 0
3.9x 12
4.x 1



This makes me want to cry.


I don't know why this makes you cry. If anything, this is comforting to those with a little bit lower numbers: they are only taking the best of the best right now...


Not the stats, just that this is what we go up against :-/ Lol

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 pm

arism87 wrote:Not the stats, just that this is what we go up against :-/ Lol


You shouldn't worry until next year when you actually have to compete with them to get a couple of precious Hs on your transcript :p

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
arism87 wrote:Not the stats, just that this is what we go up against :-/ Lol


You shouldn't worry until next year when you actually have to compete with them to get a couple of precious Hs on your transcript :p


Sooo perhaps logically I should hope I am rejected, so that I won't be tempted to attend and thus be forced to deal with this for three years. I like where this is going. jkkkk.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Those numbers are ridiculous.. crazier part is that in all likelihood a few of the people wont get JR2s. I wonder what percentage of total JR1s are represented there. 10-15%ish maybe(20/~200-300)?

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jdstl » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Those numbers are ridiculous.. crazier part is that in all likelihood a few of the people wont get JR2s. I wonder what percentage of total JR1s are represented there. 10-15%ish maybe(20/~200-300)?


Interesting point, though this initial batch is probably numerically superior to the average batch (maybe = 75% admit)?

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't know why everybody's freaking out about this. Without having reviewed a substantial number of all the apps for the cycle yet, they're going to only take those applicants who are a lock no matter what. All other apps, they're going to hold on to until more apps come in and they get a better picture of the entire class.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Wait, only 300 JR1s in an entire cycle?

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm

incompetentia wrote:Wait, only 300 JR1s in an entire cycle?


he meant thus far, i assume. there are roughly 1000-1100 JR1s a cycle.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Baidu [Spider], BruiseWillis, curry4bfast, dmc1275, ellielaw, Jellypyoo, jtawil, katthegreat11, mm2368, monotonemr, ohgosh, OuttaTheBox, tparty, Why???, yyymmm and 42 guests