Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:32 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Wasn't that the total amount of those?

20 each year.


Image

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Wasn't that the total amount of those?

20 each year.


Image


JR1 here!!!!!!!!!!

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misspoopers » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 am

So. Who is prepared for the bloodbath of rejections and holds tomorrow?
JR, if you're reading, I would marry Harvard and have its babies if it was possible.


This waiting is making me crazy

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jrose5 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

misspoopers wrote:So. Who is prepared for the bloodbath of rejections and holds tomorrow?
JR, if you're reading, I would marry Harvard and have its babies if it was possible.


This waiting is making me crazy


Why tomorrow? Were there lots of holds/rejections this time of year last year?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 am

jrose5 wrote:
misspoopers wrote:So. Who is prepared for the bloodbath of rejections and holds tomorrow?
JR, if you're reading, I would marry Harvard and have its babies if it was possible.


This waiting is making me crazy


Why tomorrow? Were there lots of holds/rejections this time of year last year?

Just cause its friday.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 am

CastleRock wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
misspoopers wrote:So. Who is prepared for the bloodbath of rejections and holds tomorrow?
JR, if you're reading, I would marry Harvard and have its babies if it was possible.


This waiting is making me crazy


Why tomorrow? Were there lots of holds/rejections this time of year last year?

Just cause its friday.


I really think Harvard has got something wrong making Friday the worst day of the week....

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:38 am

cardinals1989 wrote:I really think Harvard has got something wrong making Friday the worst day of the week....

No one is going to disagree with this.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:43 am

No they know what they're doing. They let you know just before happy hour so you can drown out your sorrows.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:No they know what they're doing. They let you know just before happy hour so you can drown out your sorrows.


This has all the makings of one very bad situation.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jrose5 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:53 am

If they made it on a weekday, people would be running out of classes in tears.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

jrose5 wrote:If they made it on a weekday, people would be running out of classes in tears.


Excused absence from class? I like.

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misspoopers » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 am

jrose5 wrote:
misspoopers wrote:So. Who is prepared for the bloodbath of rejections and holds tomorrow?
JR, if you're reading, I would marry Harvard and have its babies if it was possible.


This waiting is making me crazy


Why tomorrow? Were there lots of holds/rejections this time of year last year?


Because Friday used to be a happy day (you know...TGIF and such) and Harvard has the power to turn it into something loathed and feared :(
I'm going to take a few benadryl and sleep through Friday, just so I can prolong my daydream.

To answer your question seriously though, Fridays have typically been the day of rejections and holds, while Mondays are typically JR2 days.

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 am

Friday morning. During the few good hours of sleep I managed to get, I had a dream about how all of my friends got into Harvard but I didn't. :evil:

~2 hours until the hold and/or ding emails start rolling. I will begin holding my breath... now.

birkenstockmarket
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby birkenstockmarket » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 am

Not every Friday is a death friday! They could just not announce anything at all :)

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 am

Also just realized that HLS will be on their spring break after next week. I guess we can expect a long silence for that week at least!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:46 pm

This is crazy I sent in a last minute app to Harvard on 2/1 and wasn't even thinking I had a chance (actually only checked my status checker once) and now I have a JR1, next week. I getting nervous now. Is he a cool guy to talk to? How long did your conversations last? I'm going to look through the thread now to see if there are any tips but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm still amazed I got the email.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:This is crazy I sent in a last minute app to Harvard on 2/1 and wasn't even thinking I had a chance (actually only checked my status checker once) and now I have a JR1, next week. I getting nervous now. Is he a cool guy to talk to? How long did your conversations last? I'm going to look through the thread now to see if there are any tips but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm still amazed I got the email.


I've heard the interview is relatively straightforward with just the questions he alludes to in his e-mail. Everyone's says JR is pretty chill on the phone, with the call usually lasting around 5-7 minutes. EVERYONE also seems to have negative thoughts about how they came across afterward (ex. rambling, grasping for words, etc). But in the end, there will always be people who think they did horribly and still get JR2, while others who think they did okay won't. :( I'm really not looking forward to JR1 --> limbo.

EDIT: Just checked out your stats. You have an AMAZING shot as a URM with your stats and softs!! Best of luck!

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misspoopers » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Confused7 wrote:I'm really not looking forward to JR1 --> limbo.



it really really really really really sucks. Is it wrong that Im silently hoping for dings to go out today, just so I can know one way or another that I'm either 1.) out at Harvard and can plan for elsewhere or 2.) that I made it through another round of rejections and that hope is still alive for Monday.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:21 pm

misspoopers wrote:
Confused7 wrote:I'm really not looking forward to JR1 --> limbo.



it really really really really really sucks. Is it wrong that Im silently hoping for dings to go out today, just so I can know one way or another that I'm either 1.) out at Harvard and can plan for elsewhere or 2.) that I made it through another round of rejections and that hope is still alive for Monday.


OMG, +1.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm

The fact that HLS will go on spring break right after my JR1 makes me really sad. :( While I'll be enjoying my time in Vegas, it'll be another week without any feedback.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 123kl » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Confused7 wrote:The fact that HLS will go on spring break right after my JR1 makes me really sad. :( While I'll be enjoying my time in Vegas, it'll be another week without any feedback.


Haha I got my JR2 at around 6:20am when I was vacationing in Vegas a few months ago. Maybe you will get a call... but you're gonna be tired, because you DEFINITELY can't go back to sleep after a JR2. Good luck!

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misspoopers » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 pm

123kl wrote:
Confused7 wrote:The fact that HLS will go on spring break right after my JR1 makes me really sad. :( While I'll be enjoying my time in Vegas, it'll be another week without any feedback.


Haha I got my JR2 at around 6:20am when I was vacationing in Vegas a few months ago. Maybe you will get a call... but you're gonna be tired, because you DEFINITELY can't go back to sleep after a JR2. Good luck!


Vegas is the perfect place to get a JR2 call, in my opinion.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby bhan87 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

misspoopers wrote:
123kl wrote:
Confused7 wrote:The fact that HLS will go on spring break right after my JR1 makes me really sad. :( While I'll be enjoying my time in Vegas, it'll be another week without any feedback.


Haha I got my JR2 at around 6:20am when I was vacationing in Vegas a few months ago. Maybe you will get a call... but you're gonna be tired, because you DEFINITELY can't go back to sleep after a JR2. Good luck!


Vegas is the perfect place to get a JR2 call, in my opinion.


+1

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:38 pm

I guess they aren't holding / dinging anyone today.

(I know that according to slasher movie rules, I just signed my own death warrant. Oh well, so long and thanks for all the fish!)

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm

bhan87 wrote:
misspoopers wrote:
123kl wrote:
Confused7 wrote:The fact that HLS will go on spring break right after my JR1 makes me really sad. :( While I'll be enjoying my time in Vegas, it'll be another week without any feedback.


Haha I got my JR2 at around 6:20am when I was vacationing in Vegas a few months ago. Maybe you will get a call... but you're gonna be tired, because you DEFINITELY can't go back to sleep after a JR2. Good luck!


Vegas is the perfect place to get a JR2 call, in my opinion.


+1


Haha, I remember when you got in months ago 123kl! And yeah, I WISH JR could call me in Vegas but he'll probably be resting up at the same time I am. :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: asuddenarborealstop, AustinLu, carlos_danger, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], jstans, Keilz, malysh, maybeman and 16 guests