Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mcweanis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 pm

UR 2/1, complete 2/10, still nothing :(

User avatar
whiteswan
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby whiteswan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:47 pm

At some point this white dude/dudette needs to stop posting in every thread.

And congrats guys. I can only hope to join you at some point. :lol:

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:47 pm

whiteswan wrote:OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.



--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:48 pm

So all these JR1s finally inspired me to finish my LOCI. I sit on it for a month, and then write it in 15 minutes. Hopefully it's not too late.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:THANKS GUYS!! I am still shaking right now....I was in the middle of verifying my major requirements for graduation when I saw the email. All I can say is don't lose hope if you've been UR since fall (I was since mid-November) and was held!

I did end up sending a LOCI and another LOR, but I'm not sure if that's what made the difference. Really hope to have good news in the next few weeks. Congrats to everyone who got a JR1 today! Today looks to be a big day for movement. :)


Congrats! Your numbers are similar to mine, so I am still hoping for some love.../false hope

What time did you receive the JR1?


Thanks cardinal! And thanks to the poster who answered my questions about the JR1. :) I got my email at 12:59pm today. There's still time left so don't give up hope!
Last edited by Confused7 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

moneko
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby moneko » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:22 pm

JR1 here too! so happy :) ... was speechless for a good 5 min

UR since mid-Dec but probably delayed cause of waiting on Dec LSAT

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:41 pm

moneko wrote:JR1 here too! so happy :) ... was speechless for a good 5 min

UR since mid-Dec but probably delayed cause of waiting on Dec LSAT


Congrats! Are these still coming out or did you get yours around 1 PM like the rest of the crew?

deveces
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby deveces » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:19 pm

I know that I may catch heat for this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I've been UR since 1/7/11. What is this likely to mean? Sorry if this is a stupid question and I've offended you all, but I'm just nervous and interested in what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dot » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:21 pm

deveces wrote:I know that I may catch heat for this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I've been UR since 1/7/11. What is this likely to mean? Sorry if this is a stupid question and I've offended you all, but I'm just nervous and interested in what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that means you have been under review since January 7.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mel2010 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 pm

deveces wrote:I know that I may catch heat for this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I've been UR since 1/7/11. What is this likely to mean? Sorry if this is a stupid question and I've offended you all, but I'm just nervous and interested in what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.


Nothing other than they didn't automatically admit you, honestly.

deveces
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby deveces » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:26 pm

As a point of clarification, how about I change the question to this: does anyone know the median time for decision notification? My issue is that I'm planning a trip to visit eastern law schools late this month, and that it would be nice to know when I might find out a decision.

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:29 pm

deveces wrote:As a point of clarification, how about I change the question to this: does anyone know the median time for decision notification? My issue is that I'm planning a trip to visit eastern law schools late this month, and that it would be nice to know when I might find out a decision.


Indeed it would be nice, wouldn't it.

EDIT: Is my bitterness showing today?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm

deveces wrote:As a point of clarification, how about I change the question to this: does anyone know the median time for decision notification? My issue is that I'm planning a trip to visit eastern law schools late this month, and that it would be nice to know when I might find out a decision.

Because you didn't get a JR1 before going UR, unfortunately there's not really a timetable for anything. Judging by your UR date, however, you might be waiting a month (give or take) to hear back if it's a hold/WL/ding. I'm not sure what date they've gotten up to so far with the non-acceptance decisions. I was held at the beginning of February, but I went UR at the end of November.

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby misspoopers » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

congrats on all the new JR1s today!

I just need to make it through tomorrow and then hope for Monday. Had my JR1 2nd week of February, eeek!

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

misspoopers wrote:congrats on all the new JR1s today!

I just need to make it through tomorrow and then hope for Monday. Had my JR1 2nd week of February, eeek!


+1. Nothing like being in HLS JR1-->?? limbo to make me fear and loathe Fridays.

Rekindle11
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Rekindle11 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 pm

whiteswan wrote:OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.


I wasn't expecting this here LOL but yeah OMG girl i feel you the Sitch has been acting like a jerk lately, did you see how he sent Snooks to Times Square? Lets hope we both get accepted so we can watch their next season in Italy together!!! I'll make us some drinks :)

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Rekindle11 wrote:
whiteswan wrote:OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.


I wasn't expecting this here LOL but yeah OMG girl i feel you the Sitch has been acting like a jerk lately, did you see how he sent Snooks to Times Square? Lets hope we both get accepted so we can watch their next season in Italy together!!! I'll make us some drinks :)


I've never watched a single episode of Jersey Shore but I'll welcome any posts that can distract me from the pain I'm anticipating tomorrow. :P

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?

EDIT: Kinda late where I am, so what I mean is the full ride scholarship of UChi, if its name is different fix it please.
Last edited by Nulli Secundus on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?

Seems unlikely.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Knock » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?


Eh, I don't think we will be able to tell yet. Too many variables to make a prediction on this.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Knock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?


Eh, I don't think we will be able to tell yet. Too many variables to make a prediction on this.


Well assuming they keep the class composition roughly same as last year, this year has 60 applicants considering full ride from UChi for the first time, this has to have some effect.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
Knock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?


Eh, I don't think we will be able to tell yet. Too many variables to make a prediction on this.


Well assuming they keep the class composition roughly same as last year, this year has 60 applicants considering full ride from UChi for the first time, this has to have some effect.

60? Why do you say 60?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
Knock wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Btw, do you think we will see more admits off WL this year due to Rubenstein?


Eh, I don't think we will be able to tell yet. Too many variables to make a prediction on this.


Well assuming they keep the class composition roughly same as last year, this year has 60 applicants considering full ride from UChi for the first time, this has to have some effect.

60? Why do you say 60?


Wasn't that the total amount of those?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Wasn't that the total amount of those?

20 each year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, ws120 and 5 guests