Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

A tweet from one hour ago:

hlsadmissions (HLS JD Admissions)
Up to our eyeballs in applications, so no admit calls today. Big day early next week though!


That definitely pushes my hopes to a new height, which means either an even bigger fall or a really good day in one week!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:21 pm

miamiman09 wrote:A tweet from one hour ago:

hlsadmissions (HLS JD Admissions)
Up to our eyeballs in applications, so no admit calls today. Big day early next week though!


That definitely pushes my hopes to a new height, which means either an even bigger fall or a really good day in one week!


I like how HLS is becoming more transparent about what is going on, like Yale. I just wish the post mentioned JR1s for us poor held folk :( .

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:A tweet from one hour ago:

hlsadmissions (HLS JD Admissions)
Up to our eyeballs in applications, so no admit calls today. Big day early next week though!


That definitely pushes my hopes to a new height, which means either an even bigger fall or a really good day in one week!


I like how HLS is becoming more transparent about what is going on, like Yale. I just wish the post mentioned JR1s for us poor held folk :( .


That would in fact be greatly appreciated!

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby miamiman09 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Apparently that tweet was in response to another user! From 7 hours ago...

OperaAce (Ashley Flynnn)
@hlsadmissions Any calls going out today? I hope you read the TLS forum... lots of stressing going on! yay or nay on calls would help :)


Not quite a phone call (or email for that matter), but it works!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm

miamiman09 wrote:Apparently that tweet was in response to another user! From 7 hours ago...

OperaAce (Ashley Flynnn)
@hlsadmissions Any calls going out today? I hope you read the TLS forum... lots of stressing going on! yay or nay on calls would help :)


Not quite a phone call (or email for that matter), but it works!


The number of tweets they are going to be getting now will cause them to shut down the twitter permanently.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 pm

JR1's next week plzkthx @HLSadmissions

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

miamiman09 wrote:Apparently that tweet was in response to another user! From 7 hours ago...
OperaAce (Ashley Flynnn)
@hlsadmissions Any calls going out today? I hope you read the TLS forum... lots of stressing going on! yay or nay on calls would help :)
Not quite a phone call (or email for that matter), but it works!

Wow that was a bold tweet... thanks to whoever you are!
And hope we all get the call next week :D

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby delusional » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

miamiman09 wrote:A tweet from one hour ago:

hlsadmissions (HLS JD Admissions)
Up to our eyeballs in applications, so no admit calls today. Big day early next week though!


That definitely pushes my hopes to a new height, which means either an even bigger fall or a really good day in one week!

Yeah, it was nice to see that, although it came a little too late in the day to help much. What they didn't mention was the likelihood of another very, very depressing Friday before early next week!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

JR1, please, please, please.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm

neonx wrote:JR1, please, please, please.

Operaace
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Operaace » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:42 am

Glad my tweet got a response! I didn't mean to be bold... I mean hey, if they tweet, they should expect tweets back right? Good luck everyone 8) To clarify, I am not the applicant, my BF is the one and he is not big on posting on these boards, I however have been stalking for months, sorry :) I don't know who is more excited by this process, him or ME! He texted me while I was out, saying my tweet hit the boards, never thought I would get a reply!! I used his numbers to make the profile, just to give myself reference points as I follow along. I will make sure to post his updates as they come in! Again, best of luck to you all... let me know if I can tweet anyone else for you!

I also think JR gets major points for responding, especially when so busy. Way cool JR, way cool.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 am

God, give me serenity to accept the dings I cannot change, LOCIs to change the dings I can and wisdom to know the difference.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 am

App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 am

ChriLa425 wrote:App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?


Image

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 am

ChriLa425 wrote:App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?


I was UR for almost 2.5 months before I got mine...so I wouldn't say all hope is lost quite yet (especially if you're held?). :wink:

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?


I was UR for almost 2.5 months before I got mine...so I wouldn't say all hope is lost quite yet (especially if you're held?). :wink:


These people (who do not even read the previous page) do not deserve correct / logical answers. You just encourage this kind of behavior! :P

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:21 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?


I was UR for almost 2.5 months before I got mine...so I wouldn't say all hope is lost quite yet (especially if you're held?). :wink:


lol Nulli that was...eloquent....

I don´t think I´m held...does it say it on the status checker or do you get an email?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:App under review since 1/5 and no JR1, is all hope lost or have they just not gotten to me yet?


I was UR for almost 2.5 months before I got mine...so I wouldn't say all hope is lost quite yet (especially if you're held?). :wink:


These people (who do not even read the previous page) do not deserve correct / logical answers. You just encourage this kind of behavior! :P


I can't help it. I'm a softie. :oops:

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 am

In my defense i did read three pages...and then i realized there were over 100 left and i just couldn´t do it!!! i´m sorry! :cry:
Last edited by ChriLa425 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 am

ChriLa425 wrote:lol Nulli that was...eloquent....

I don´t think I´m held...does it say it on the status checker or do you get an email?


Eloquence is my forte.

It does not say "held" on status checker, you receive an e-mail when that happens with the first line "The applications committee has reviewed your application and decided to hold it for further review" (Or in my case, application committee reviewed your application and man, thanks for the laugh). From status checker, you can tell you are held if your UR date changes.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:lol Nulli that was...eloquent....

I don´t think I´m held...does it say it on the status checker or do you get an email?


Eloquence is my forte.

It does not say "held" on status checker, you receive an e-mail when that happens with the first line "The applications committee has reviewed your application and decided to hold it for further review" (Or in my case, application committee reviewed your application and man, thanks for the laugh). From status checker, you can tell you are held if your UR date changes.


no and no. *sigh* and so I wait.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:27 am

Oh btw, I saw your previous post before the edit and I just gotta say law is a smart career choice, anything involving maths might have been a challenge. (Haha just joking)

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:33 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Oh btw, I saw your previous post before the edit and I just gotta say law is a smart career choice, anything involving maths might have been a challenge. (Haha just joking)


noooo damn i thought i caught that before anyone saw it.... :oops:

nyu has over 200 so that´s what was stuck in my head

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

Heard they will use this image with this year's WL e-mails:

Image

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am





Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”