Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Looks like a fair amount of activity this am.

(Maybe a JR1 email for meeeee?)

And CONGRATS, JR2s!!!!

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Gratz JR2s! Hoping for JR1s after all these calls go out but I can be content to wait till tomorrow.

Please?

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Gratz JR2s! Hoping for JR1s after all these calls go out but I can be content to wait till tomorrow.

Please?


That shows admirable patience, starry!

Maybe JR does JR2s first, then JR1 emails, then holds? and then dings?

User avatar
may
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby may » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 pm

JR1s are definitely going out this morning. I received mine a couple hours ago. UR 1/24, Complete 2/3. PM if you want numbers.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 pm

If there are 3 on TLS, it means there were like 300 in total. Class is full. Good game people, let us close shop, see you next year.

User avatar
dpase22
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dpase22 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm

JR2 fifteen minutes ago!

Submitted 01/03,
UR 01/18,
JR1 Email 01/28,
JR1 02/02,
JR2 02/07

Hold on a little while yet my brothers/sisters, the ships are still coming...

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:If there are 3 on TLS, it means there were like 300 in total. Class is full. Good game people, let us close shop, see you next year.


QFT

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:26 pm

5 more points on the LSAT.... lol really makes me wonder sometimes how things would be today if October went differently.
Last edited by glitched on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 pm

dpase22 wrote:JR2 fifteen minutes ago!

Submitted 01/03,
UR 01/18,
JR1 Email 01/28,
JR1 02/02,
JR2 02/07

Hold on a little while yet my brothers/sisters, the ships are still coming...


OMG two JR2s so far for my JR1 date buddies! Congrats! Where are you located geographically?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:If there are 3 on TLS, it means there were like 300 in total. Class is full. Good game people, let us close shop, see you next year.


Like

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 pm

may wrote:JR1s are definitely going out this morning. I received mine a couple hours ago. UR 1/24, Complete 2/3. PM if you want numbers.


Ah which means they are still looking at late applicants. One day, they will go back to the 11/3 UR forgotten.

emilsinclair
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby emilsinclair » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm

First post! Just got the JR2.

Sent my application 1/10
Under Review 1/26
JR1 email 1/27
JR1 1/31

3.91 UGPA
LSAT scores: 165, 173

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:38 pm

emilsinclair wrote:First post! Just got the JR2.

Sent my application 1/10
Under Review 1/26
JR1 email 1/27
JR1 1/31

3.91 UGPA
LSAT scores: 165, 173

Wow! congrats, but those dates are so close to mine it makes me nervous.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope about possible empty spots in the class of 2014 is the fact that last years "Accepted" applicants were one and a half pages long on LSN, this year we aren't at one page yet. (Of course, my above statement can still be true, 1 page worth of accepted applicants might have hidden or not-updated profiles)

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope about possible empty spots in the class of 2014 is the fact that last years "Accepted" applicants were one and a half pages long on LSN, this year we aren't at one page yet.

That may just mean we suck worse. Yea, that's totally logical. Good catch.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope about possible empty spots in the class of 2014 is the fact that last years "Accepted" applicants were one and a half pages long on LSN, this year we aren't at one page yet.

That may just mean we suck worse. Yea, that's totally logical. Good catch.


I totes cannot fathom whether you are sarcastic or not, considering your usual self, I will assume you are and answer accordingly.

I do know my approach is crude at best. A lot of factors may be different this year, from the number of applicants to number of applicants with a LSN profile, from the number of trolls to number of accepted people not updating their profile etc etc. Yes, the approach is VERY crude, and also there are 5 pages or so of total applicants this year, compared to last year's 8, if you look at proportionate amount of accepted applicants, you can reach the conclusion class is very close to being completely full. In short, who knows :P

pride09
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby pride09 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:08 pm

JR2.

Submitted mid November, took the December LSAT so it was reviewed some time mid January. JR1 on Jan 25. Very excited right now.

User avatar
Verisimi
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Verisimi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:14 pm

On the crude LSN approximations from last year, I was bored at work and counted that before today there were about 65 acceptances this year on LSN and 120 last year, with 4 pages vs. 8 pages. It's tracking fairly well if you divide everything by 2. There were 15 more pure acceptances (not WL/Accept), so expect probably 6-8 more acceptances on LSN in March and April (if the pattern holds). The big day last year was 3/08, which this year would be 3/07. So....yeah.....let's go finality.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Verisimi wrote:On the crude LSN approximations from last year, I was bored at work and counted that before today there were about 65 acceptances this year on LSN and 120 last year, with 4 pages vs. 8 pages. It's tracking fairly well if you divide everything by 2. There were 15 more pure acceptances (not WL/Accept), so expect probably 6-8 more acceptances on LSN in March and April (if the pattern holds). The big day last year was 3/08, which this year would be 3/07. So....yeah.....let's go finality.


That's a month from now... :|

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby chrissyc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm

IN!! woo hoo :)

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:43 pm

chrissyc wrote:IN!! woo hoo :)


Congrats! Numbers/JR1 date/geographic location?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Congrats to all the new JR2s!!!

The people who have been held are next, right JR?!?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Verisimi wrote:On the crude LSN approximations from last year, I was bored at work and counted that before today there were about 65 acceptances this year on LSN and 120 last year, with 4 pages vs. 8 pages. It's tracking fairly well if you divide everything by 2. There were 15 more pure acceptances (not WL/Accept), so expect probably 6-8 more acceptances on LSN in March and April (if the pattern holds). The big day last year was 3/08, which this year would be 3/07. So....yeah.....let's go finality.


So few compared to the number of people being held right now. :shock:

User avatar
Verisimi
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Verisimi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Hmmm I know at least 3 people from/with UG degrees from my school who already were accepted, and at least 1 more pending with significantly better numbers. I don't think this bodes well for me. :)

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Verisimi wrote:Hmmm I know at least 3 people from/with UG degrees from my school who already were accepted, and at least 1 more pending with significantly better numbers. I don't think this bodes well for me. :)


Maybe you should have studied across town... :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”