Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hoping » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Held as well...ur 11/29 (better then rejection! or wl)...anyone know what this means/chances now..from past years or a/t?

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 pm

arkansawyer wrote:Held! Submitted 11/18, UR 12/1. Nice to get some movement!


I had a feeling we were gonna be in same boat.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby glitched » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

FEE FIII FO FUMMM. I FEEL A REJECTION THIS WAY COME.

LOL i seriously can taste a ding waiting for me in the air. it's bitter and smells oddly like rotten avocados.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 pm

hoping wrote:Held as well...ur 11/29 (better then rejection! or wl)...anyone know what this means/chances now..from past years or a/t?


Im about to spend my friday afternoon going through last year's held at harvard thread...maybe being held so close to the feb deadline is a good thing, we won't have to wait so long?

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hoping » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
hoping wrote:Held as well...ur 11/29 (better then rejection! or wl)...anyone know what this means/chances now..from past years or a/t?


Im about to spend my friday afternoon going through last year's held at harvard thread...maybe being held so close to the feb deadline is a good thing, we won't have to wait so long?



+10000000

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby The Stig » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
hoping wrote:Held as well...ur 11/29 (better then rejection! or wl)...anyone know what this means/chances now..from past years or a/t?


Im about to spend my friday afternoon going through last year's held at harvard thread...maybe being held so close to the feb deadline is a good thing, we won't have to wait so long?


(don't read the last 10 pages...it is a bloodbath)

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

The Stig wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:
hoping wrote:Held as well...ur 11/29 (better then rejection! or wl)...anyone know what this means/chances now..from past years or a/t?


Im about to spend my friday afternoon going through last year's held at harvard thread...maybe being held so close to the feb deadline is a good thing, we won't have to wait so long?


(don't read the last 10 pages...it is a bloodbath)


Yeah I went through that whole thing... It was tough to see the optimism of the initial "hold" turn so quickly into months of lethargic waiting--before, at last, the hammer falls.

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I've seen 12/1 but not 12/3. Any 12/3ers hear today?

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby The Stig » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Yeah I went through that whole thing... It was tough to see the optimism of the initial "hold" turn so quickly into months of lethargic waiting--before, at last, the hammer falls.


agreed.

though, I was envisioning more sniper style-where everyone was just going about their day, and one by one they got dings via email :cry: so sad...

ETA: that's not happening this year though because TLS '14 is way cooler than TLS '13 :lol:

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dbrddr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:14 pm

FY['all's]I: I should know within 2-3 weeks whether I'll have to cross Harvard off my list for SO reasons. If I do, I'll withdraw forthwith.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby glitched » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:41 pm

dbrddr wrote:FY['all's]I: I should know within 2-3 weeks whether I'll have to cross Harvard off my list for SO reasons. If I do, I'll withdraw forthwith.


Lol are you proposing?

dovetail
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dovetail » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Would anyone care to read over a LOCI for me?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:42 pm

dovetail wrote:Would anyone care to read over a LOCI for me?


Lets exchange LOCIs.

dovetail
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dovetail » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
dovetail wrote:Would anyone care to read over a LOCI for me?


Lets exchange LOCIs.


pm'ed

l000needles
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby l000needles » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks like that's it for today? Sigh, Harvard app has not been good for my stress levels.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 pm

I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

shoop wrote:I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?


dont worry about negative TLSers! if anything, you've given hope to those who haven't heard from harvard. i think the thread's name is the forgotten harvard or something along those lines.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

shoop wrote:I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?


haha that's slightly amusing but congrats... when did you go UR?

Edit: I'm one of the forgotten lol

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby timmna » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Oh, the things that I would do for two letters and a number.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm

shoop wrote:I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?


OK, TLS has officially messed with your head. Maybe a little too much. Could you give us a ballpark for your UR date?

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby shoop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
shoop wrote:I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?


haha that's slightly amusing but congrats... when did you go UR?

Edit: I'm one of the forgotten lol


I submitted 12/25, got the "app received" email 1/3, status checker went UR 1/13, "application complete" email 1/26 or 1/27.

I was one of those a-holes a couple pages back who was all "OMG OMG I GOT A COMPLETE EMAIL BUT STATUS CHECKER HAS SAID UR FOR A WHILE WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAAAN?"

My turnaround was pretty quick, so I'm sorry if this doesn't give much hope to the forgotten. Hang in there! Mine came when I was least expecting it! The iPhone did its little email noise and I didn't even look for a couple minutes since I'm so accustomed to it being ProFlowers spam or stupid Facebook notifications.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby glitched » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

shoop wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:
shoop wrote:I got an email with the date and time of my JR1 today. What the hell is wrong with me that I'm actually slightly paranoid to post about it in the absence of similar news from others, for fear that Harvard decided to give JUST ME a JR1 email today so they could flush me out on TLS? What has this place done to my head?


haha that's slightly amusing but congrats... when did you go UR?

Edit: I'm one of the forgotten lol


I submitted 12/25, got the "app received" email 1/3, status checker went UR 1/13, "application complete" email 1/26 or 1/27.

I was one of those a-holes a couple pages back who was all "OMG OMG I GOT A COMPLETE EMAIL BUT STATUS CHECKER HAS SAID UR FOR A WHILE WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAAAN?"

My turnaround was pretty quick, so I'm sorry if this doesn't give much hope to the forgotten. Hang in there! Mine came when I was least expecting it! The iPhone did its little email noise and I didn't even look for a couple minutes since I'm so accustomed to it being ProFlowers spam or stupid Facebook notifications.



The forgotten are people who got the complete email a long time ago but don't have any update whatsoever...

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby mattviphky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Just applied earlier this week!

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm

glitched wrote:The forgotten are people who got the complete email a long time ago but don't have any update whatsoever...


I go back and forth between envisioning us as "the forgotten," and us actually being some pile that JR has set aside as people he wants to mess with particularly thoroughly. I'm approaching a couple months of radio silence here, and I'm an auto-ding anyways, so... yeah. I'm okay with it though - resigned to my fate.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 pm

ahduth wrote:
glitched wrote:The forgotten are people who got the complete email a long time ago but don't have any update whatsoever...


I go back and forth between envisioning us as "the forgotten," and us actually being some pile that JR has set aside as people he wants to mess with particularly thoroughly. I'm approaching a couple months of radio silence here, and I'm an auto-ding anyways, so... yeah. I'm okay with it though - resigned to my fate.


You are not auto-ding. I'd rather be in the "forgotten" files than the hold files I think. I take it to mean you are still in active contention while the rest are deferred.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mm2368, Solidfood and 8 guests