Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Are the people getting dinged people who had previously been Held?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there still non-held, non-rejected people?


Add me to that list of people.


The Forgotten are holding strong! I don't think any of our little elite group got dinged. Hence propogating the rumor that they have indeed simply lost our apps.


Except poor birdlaw :( I think the real correct theory is Harvard is just trolling us. Making one random movement each turn to confuse us.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there still non-held, non-rejected people?


Meeee. UR 11/22. Not a peep since :/ Good? Bad? I have no idea.

I was dinged and was UR 11/22. I'm guessing that means a hold is on it's way to your email. Hopefully it's a hold followed by a JR1 like there were last time!

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there still non-held, non-rejected people?


Meeee. UR 11/22. Not a peep since :/ Good? Bad? I have no idea.

I was dinged and was UR 11/22. I'm guessing that means a hold is on it's way to your email. Hopefully it's a hold followed by a JR1 like there were last time!


Harvard is destroying dreams today. =/

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there still non-held, non-rejected people?


Add me to that list of people.


The Forgotten are holding strong! I don't think any of our little elite group got dinged. Hence propogating the rumor that they have indeed simply lost our apps.


Except poor birdlaw :( I think the real correct theory is Harvard is just trolling us. Making one random movement each turn to confuse us.

Don't feel too bad for me. I barely had any business applying in the first place. :oops:

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:59 pm

CastleRock wrote:Are the people getting dinged people who had previously been Held?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Are the people getting dinged people who had previously been Held?


I haven't heard of any yet...I am on pins and needles hoping my new info will get to them before they weild the dinghammer.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:16 pm

djfe4president wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Looks like Harvard made themselves feel better by handing out a bunch of acceptances before dinging everyone. :shock:


Did you get a hold yet card.... I swear I thought you were held


Yeah, was held on 1/10, along with half of the free world.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Yeah, was held on 1/10, along with half of the free world.


So true.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Yeah, was held on 1/10, along with half of the free world.


So true.


Plus some in the not-so-free world.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:23 pm

So have any of those held been rejected today?

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Under Review since 12/7.

Since then: crickets.

CMDantes
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby CMDantes » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:28 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Under Review since 12/7.

Since then: crickets.

Sami28
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Sami28 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

CMDantes wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Under Review since 12/7.

Since then: crickets.

User avatar
Philip_J_Fry
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Philip_J_Fry » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Got dinged today. No JR1 or anything. Went under review in early November.

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Casey2889 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:10 pm

i went UR 1/3 (more likely 1/10 after my Dec LSAT came in). also no word, but i doubt january completes will hear anything until march anyway...

do we have the stats of those that have been getting in/dinged?

Ctgrapefruit
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Ctgrapefruit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Jr2!! Missed call this morning....

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Ctgrapefruit wrote:Jr2!! Missed call this morning....


Congrats! Can you let us know when your jr1 and UR dates were? It'll help with the compulsive data collecting I'm doing.

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hoping » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 pm

congrats all recent admits!

Ctgrapefruit
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Ctgrapefruit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Sure...I submitted 12/11 and was under review on 1/4. Had my JR1 1/11

User avatar
SentinelsOfEvil
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby SentinelsOfEvil » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Philip_J_Fry wrote:Got dinged today. No JR1 or anything. Went under review in early November.


Same here, except that I went under review in early Dec

wrongtrousers
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby wrongtrousers » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

JR2!

175/169, 4.04- Submitted mid-Dec, JR1 two weeks ago.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm

The numbers on this round of JR2's also seem to especially high. I don't think they have really dipped far down at all, which is scary...

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby law_monkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:The numbers on this round of JR2's also seem to especially high. I don't think they have really dipped far down at all, which is scary...


Nope. Pretty much everyone with sub-Harvard stats just got placed on hold/rejected. For a school of such reputed brilliance they sure have predictable strategy! :wink:

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:52 pm

law_monkey wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:The numbers on this round of JR2's also seem to especially high. I don't think they have really dipped far down at all, which is scary...


Nope. Pretty much everyone with sub-Harvard stats just got placed on hold/rejected. For a school of such reputed brilliance they sure have predictable strategy! :wink:


Once again, the adorable monkey picture softens the blow of your logic.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”