Page 86 of 194

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 am
by alphagamma
Just got my JR2! In at Harvard!

My God, that call was almost as crazy as the JR1. I couldn't even trust myself to say anything more than "okay" and "thank you."

Good luck to everyone else this glorious Monday!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:52 am
by almightypush
alphagamma wrote:Just got my JR2! In at Harvard!

My God, that call was almost as crazy as the JR1. I couldn't even trust myself to say anything more than "okay" and "thank you."

Good luck to everyone else this glorious Monday!


congrats!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am
by dbrddr
alphagamma wrote:Just got my JR2! In at Harvard!

My God, that call was almost as crazy as the JR1. I couldn't even trust myself to say anything more than "okay" and "thank you."

Good luck to everyone else this glorious Monday!


You've been waiting a while for this--congrats!

edit: in that it's been a long time since you applied

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 pm
by noob
JR2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm
by 123kl
noob wrote:JR2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:


Congrats!!!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm
by SpaaceMonkee
JR2!!

Good luck to all.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm
by juliachild-ish
Wow, Spaacemonkee, didn't you just have your JR1 last week? That's awesome! It's so funny how it moves so quickly for some people and so slowly for others.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 pm
by cardinals1989
Congrats to all the JR2s!!! At least there is some movement today!

I can haz JR1, Josh?

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm
by bori
JR2 a few minutes ago!!!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:51 pm
by 1001ArabiaNights
alphagamma wrote:Just got my JR2! In at Harvard!

My God, that call was almost as crazy as the JR1. I couldn't even trust myself to say anything more than "okay" and "thank you."

Good luck to everyone else this glorious Monday!


Same for me! It was all a blur. I have to prepare for a big presentation for tomorrow but can't focus on it at all.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm
by Squishy
JR2 this morning. Had my interview about two weeks ago.

Gluck everyone!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:05 pm
by r6_philly
cardinals1989 wrote:Congrats to all the JR2s!!! At least there is some movement today!

I can haz JR1, Josh?


Congrats to all, hope for us?

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm
by alphagamma
1001ArabiaNights wrote:
alphagamma wrote:Just got my JR2! In at Harvard!

My God, that call was almost as crazy as the JR1. I couldn't even trust myself to say anything more than "okay" and "thank you."

Good luck to everyone else this glorious Monday!


Same for me! It was all a blur. I have to prepare for a big presentation for tomorrow but can't focus on it at all.

I'm the same way. I keep thinking about all the stuff I have to do, but my brain just keeps saying, "Who cares!? You're in at Harvard!"

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm
by red032
..

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 pm
by lzyovrachievr
lzyovrachievr wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:Question: History says a bunch of people get in last Monday. They didn't, so will it be this Monday?

by get in do you mean jr1 or jr2. Also, did you get a jr1?

I mean JR2s, and no I haven't gotten a JR1, so it's not particularly exciting for me, but.... movement is cool.

QFP. It's nice to be right; it'd be nicer to have a JR anything. Congrats guys!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm
by starrydreamz3
red032 wrote:Hi- I've been lurking on this thread and wanted to share some hopeful news: I just got a JR2 today after being UR since 11/17! So those of you still waiting, keep the faith! Here's my info for speculation

UR: 11/17
JR1: 1/11
JR2: 1/24
173, 3.8x


Were you held at all? And congrats!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 pm
by Victor Cruz
Woke up to a JR2 this morning!

To add to the data and give hope to those still waiting (I think my path to a JR2 is pretty non-traditional):
Applied - 9.21
Complete - 10.6
Complete e-mail - 10.14
Held e-mail - 1.10
LOCI sent - 1.12
JR1 e-mail - 1.13 (no chance my LOCI was a factor)
JR1- 1.19
JR2 - 1.24

LSAT - Above median; GPA - Above 75th

The phone interview was everything you read it is: Why law school? Why Harvard? Any questions? For the interview, I think the best thing you can do is express a specific interest and explain how Harvard will help you pursue whatever your life passion may be.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I waited 4 long months for a JR1 and survived the "hold" pile.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm
by red032
starrydreamz3 wrote:
red032 wrote:Hi- I've been lurking on this thread and wanted to share some hopeful news: I just got a JR2 today after being UR since 11/17! So those of you still waiting, keep the faith! Here's my info for speculation

UR: 11/17
JR1: 1/11
JR2: 1/24
173, 3.8x


Were you held at all? And congrats!


Thanks! No hold...just a long wait!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm
by jman77
Just got the ding email. No use sending this LOCI now.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 pm
by starrydreamz3
jman77 wrote:Just got the ding email. No use sending this LOCI now.


And im officially terrified of gmail now.

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:07 pm
by Weirdlog
Victor Cruz wrote:Woke up to a JR2 this morning!

To add to the data and give hope to those still waiting (I think my path to a JR2 is pretty non-traditional):
Applied - 9.21
Complete - 10.6
Complete e-mail - 10.14
Held e-mail - 1.10
LOCI sent - 1.12
JR1 e-mail - 1.13 (no chance my LOCI was a factor)
JR1- 1.19
JR2 - 1.24

LSAT - Above median; GPA - Above 75th

The phone interview was everything you read it is: Why law school? Why Harvard? Any questions? For the interview, I think the best thing you can do is express a specific interest and explain how Harvard will help you pursue whatever your life passion may be.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I waited 4 long months for a JR1 and survived the "hold" pile.


This is inspiring--don't feel so bad about being held now!

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:09 pm
by onebiglie
JR2 today!!! :D

JR1: 1/18
JR2: 1/24
175, 4.0

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm
by Sinra
Dinged by email just now. I'm surprised it took them this long to do it. :lol:

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm
by birdlaw117
Dinged just now. Not surprised, but still disappointing... :(

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 pm
by Knock
birdlaw117 wrote:Dinged just now. Not surprised, but still disappointing... :(


Sorry guys :(. Were all the people who just got dinged held first?