Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Ahhhh! Just got held!!!!!

Good luck, everyone!


PANIC!

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Ahhhh! Just got held!!!!!

Good luck, everyone!


Congrats on surviving to be evaluated another day!

EDIT: When did you submit/go UR?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jman77 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Can't stop refreshing my e-mail now... if I make it through today unscathed, I would count it a small victory. UR 11/19.

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:31 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:Ahhhh! Just got held!!!!!

Good luck, everyone!


Congrats on surviving to be evaluated another day!

EDIT: When did you submit/go UR?


.
Last edited by Weirdlog on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
birdmann783
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:57 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby birdmann783 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm

everyone being dinged here was not previously held right?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=145259

Made a self pity thread for all us twindling out thumbs!

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 pm

birdmann783 wrote:everyone being dinged here was not previously held right?


Don't believe so

dianaw
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dianaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:Ahhhh! Just got held!!!!!

Good luck, everyone!


Congrats on surviving to be evaluated another day!

EDIT: When did you submit/go UR?


Submitted 11/9, UR 11/17... Time to start working on that LOCI


How do we submit a LOCI?

pride09
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby pride09 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

JR1 email today!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:21 pm

pride09 wrote:JR1 email today!


Congrats! #s?

pride09
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby pride09 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

3.9x/175

Under Review status was 12/1
Last edited by pride09 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

pride09 wrote:3.95/175 (December retake after 165 in October)


Wow awesome. Maybe I should retake... still 3 hours to decide!

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:Just got the email for my JR1--it's next week. I'm pretty impressed at how fast things are moving. I submitted on 1/7 and went UR 1/19. Of course I know that my good luck will now run out and it will take three months after my JR1 for me to hear a final decision...

I have a 3.8x/174 (retake) in case anyone's interested.


Strange that you've gotten a JR1 with those stats and a 1/7 submission...when everyone else I've seen (me included) with January submissions hasn't even gone UR yet... :shock:

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby NikaneOkie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 am

Does everyone who is held get a new UR date beginning then?

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ringdabell » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Sent 11/05
UR since 11/16 (no update AT ALL since then ......omg)

Guess I'm outta luck.
Just wondering why wouldnt they just reject/WL me if they know they would?....:(

lynnford
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lynnford » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Denied via email yesterday. I was expecting it, but still disappointing.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby juliachild-ish » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:18 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:Just got the email for my JR1--it's next week. I'm pretty impressed at how fast things are moving. I submitted on 1/7 and went UR 1/19. Of course I know that my good luck will now run out and it will take three months after my JR1 for me to hear a final decision...

I have a 3.8x/174 (retake) in case anyone's interested.


Strange that you've gotten a JR1 with those stats and a 1/7 submission...when everyone else I've seen (me included) with January submissions hasn't even gone UR yet... :shock:


To be honest, I'm a little puzzled about that too! Guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, though. I think it's mostly because of where I went to undergrad (PM me if you want specifics).

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

lynnford wrote:Denied via email yesterday. I was expecting it, but still disappointing.


Your UR date?

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby legalmindedfella » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Held a couple days ago. We'll see... congrats to all who got in!

sheela
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby sheela » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm

"Under review" since 12/20. Do you guys think it's a bad sign that I haven't heard anything about an interview or anything else yet?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby glitched » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm

sheela wrote:"Under review" since 12/20. Do you guys think it's a bad sign that I haven't heard anything about an interview or anything else yet?


Its quite common. I think there is even a thread devoted to it.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:34 pm

glitched wrote:
sheela wrote:"Under review" since 12/20. Do you guys think it's a bad sign that I haven't heard anything about an interview or anything else yet?


Its quite common. I think there is even a thread devoted to it.




Ta-da!

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Question: History says a bunch of people get in last Monday. They didn't, so will it be this Monday?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Question: History says a bunch of people get in last Monday. They didn't, so will it be this Monday?

by get in do you mean jr1 or jr2. Also, did you get a jr1?

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 pm

CastleRock wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:Question: History says a bunch of people get in last Monday. They didn't, so will it be this Monday?

by get in do you mean jr1 or jr2. Also, did you get a jr1?

I mean JR2s, and no I haven't gotten a JR1, so it's not particularly exciting for me, but.... movement is cool.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, mm2368 and 9 guests