Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smscat
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby smscat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Harvard is a stretch for me so I'm not surprised to have not heard...but I went UR 11/16 and haven't heard anything. So really we have no idea what the meaning of not hearing anything v. being held is?

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Wow, quiet. No holds since this morning?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Nevermind. Just held via e-mail. With three LSATs with a high of 170, I think I am gonna chalk this up as a victory. Too bad it is gonna make me actually think I have a sliver of a chance...


Another victo... non-defeat for club 170! :)


The law schools fear our solidarity. :D

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

playdough wrote:Wow, quiet. No holds since this morning?


Nothing new here... also, I can't remember the last time we saw a JR1.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Nevermind. Just held via e-mail. With three LSATs with a high of 170, I think I am gonna chalk this up as a victory. Too bad it is gonna make me actually think I have a sliver of a chance...


Another victo... non-defeat for club 170! :)


The law schools fear our solidarity. :D


http://cornell.lawschoolnumbers.com/sta ... Cycle=1011

They fear us... :lol:

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
playdough wrote:Wow, quiet. No holds since this morning?


Nothing new here... also, I can't remember the last time we saw a JR1.


Yeah, that's true. Although I remember someone posting a few days back that they knew someone "personally" that had gotten a JR1 that day.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Harvard needs to get on that
Don't they know I'm super depressed about Chicago and just one word from them would make it all better??
Come on Harvard, JR1???

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jman77 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:37 pm

So are we thinking the mid- to late-November UR folks will be getting dings or holds next week? Or is there a glimmer of hope that we may yet get a JR1 this late in the game?

UR 11/19 here.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:49 pm

playdough wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:
playdough wrote:Wow, quiet. No holds since this morning?


Nothing new here... also, I can't remember the last time we saw a JR1.


Yeah, that's true. Although I remember someone posting a few days back that they knew someone "personally" that had gotten a JR1 that day.


That would be me. Their JR1 was today.

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 pm

123kl wrote:
playdough wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:
playdough wrote:Wow, quiet. No holds since this morning?


Nothing new here... also, I can't remember the last time we saw a JR1.


Yeah, that's true. Although I remember someone posting a few days back that they knew someone "personally" that had gotten a JR1 that day.


That would be me. Their JR1 was today.


Do you know when this person applied and went UR?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:51 pm

jman77 wrote:So are we thinking the mid- to late-November UR folks will be getting dings or holds next week? Or is there a glimmer of hope that we may yet get a JR1 this late in the game?

UR 11/19 here.

Timmna and I are mid-November UR. November 16 to be exact. We're both being held.

As or sophie2007...your cycle confuses me? What did you curse in your personal statement?

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:56 pm

playdough wrote:
123kl wrote:
playdough wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:Nothing new here... also, I can't remember the last time we saw a JR1.


Yeah, that's true. Although I remember someone posting a few days back that they knew someone "personally" that had gotten a JR1 that day.


That would be me. Their JR1 was today.


Do you know when this person applied and went UR?


I think they applied earlier, but unsure of dates. They retook their LSAT in December, and improved by 7 points or so. Strong LSAT and GPA now. I'd be surprised if they didn't get in.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 pm

LSAC just sent my December score to Harvard. Dun-dun-dun.

User avatar
Verisimi
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Verisimi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:03 pm

In terms of JR1s, from last year's thread there were 3 or 4 JR1 emails (including 2 mid/late November UR dates) on this upcoming Friday. Take it as you will, because last year last Friday there were several as well and virtual silence on this year's thread. Either they're doing things later (which they seem to be because the first wave of holds came out later) or people are just quieter this year.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Verisimi wrote:In terms of JR1s, from last year's thread there were 3 or 4 JR1 emails (including 2 mid/late November UR dates) on this upcoming Friday. Take it as you will, because last year last Friday there were several as well and virtual silence on this year's thread. Either they're doing things later (which they seem to be because the first wave of holds came out later) or people are just quieter this year.



I don't want to get my hopes up, but I just honestly can't think of a reason why I haven't heard anything yet- no JR1, no rejection last week, no hold this week. I mean come on Harvard it's been 2 months and 2 dayssss :?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jman77 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
Verisimi wrote:In terms of JR1s, from last year's thread there were 3 or 4 JR1 emails (including 2 mid/late November UR dates) on this upcoming Friday. Take it as you will, because last year last Friday there were several as well and virtual silence on this year's thread. Either they're doing things later (which they seem to be because the first wave of holds came out later) or people are just quieter this year.



I don't want to get my hopes up, but I just honestly can't think of a reason why I haven't heard anything yet- no JR1, no rejection last week, no hold this week. I mean come on Harvard it's been 2 months and 2 dayssss :?


Let's just relish the fact that we're still alive and in the game...for how much longer, who knows?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:18 pm

As or sophie2007...your cycle confuses me? What did you curse in your personal statement?[/quote]

it confuses me, too! ...and i did curse in my PS :oops:

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:As or sophie2007...your cycle confuses me? What did you curse in your personal statement?

it confuses me, too! ...and i did curse in my PS :oops:


Whatever I did some schools love it and some schools hate it lol since I got $$ at Mich and $$$ at Cornell then rejected at Chicago and Texas.
Also checked two boxes, not one, so they may decide I'm not URM 'enough' for them. Sorta frustrating, but thus is life.

prt86a
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby prt86a » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:38 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
Verisimi wrote:In terms of JR1s, from last year's thread there were 3 or 4 JR1 emails (including 2 mid/late November UR dates) on this upcoming Friday. Take it as you will, because last year last Friday there were several as well and virtual silence on this year's thread. Either they're doing things later (which they seem to be because the first wave of holds came out later) or people are just quieter this year.



I don't want to get my hopes up, but I just honestly can't think of a reason why I haven't heard anything yet- no JR1, no rejection last week, no hold this week. I mean come on Harvard it's been 2 months and 2 dayssss :?


Can I ask what your stats are? I'm in the same boat as you.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeaaaa so I take back everything I said about not knowing what happened with Chicago. Just checked out my Chicago app, and not only did I not express myself well, there were at least 5 glaring grammatical errors in my essays.
I would have rejected or at least WLed me too.
Harvard application was perfect, in my eyes :) haha that was a relief.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

held this morning...

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

prt86a wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:
Verisimi wrote:In terms of JR1s, from last year's thread there were 3 or 4 JR1 emails (including 2 mid/late November UR dates) on this upcoming Friday. Take it as you will, because last year last Friday there were several as well and virtual silence on this year's thread. Either they're doing things later (which they seem to be because the first wave of holds came out later) or people are just quieter this year.



I don't want to get my hopes up, but I just honestly can't think of a reason why I haven't heard anything yet- no JR1, no rejection last week, no hold this week. I mean come on Harvard it's been 2 months and 2 dayssss :?


Can I ask what your stats are? I'm in the same boat as you.



pmed

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

It has probably been adressed, but I don't remember seeing it. Any idea on the rough percentage of those who are held that get admitted?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jman77 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

jtemp320 wrote:held this morning...


What are you sent and UR dates, if you don't mind sharing?

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 pm

jman77 wrote:So are we thinking the mid- to late-November UR folks will be getting dings or holds next week? Or is there a glimmer of hope that we may yet get a JR1 this late in the game?

UR 11/19 here.


This.

I'm UR 12/1, looking like a hold or a jr 1 soon? I hope...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”