Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
s0ph1e2007

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:37 am

caligulove wrote:2.9/161 URM... afraid to ask but, chances?

Im sorry but it's not good :/

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 am

eh, maybe someone will put my application in the accepted pile by accident. here's hoping for divine intervention

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 am

have some pride and common sense man, a 2.9/161 is pathetic and will not even get you into a top 25 school

hellome

Postby hellome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 am

$1.99 wrote:have some pride and common sense man, a 2.9/161 is pathetic and will not even get you into a top 25 school

mean...

pennyloafer17

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 am

$1.99 wrote:have some pride and common sense man, a 2.9/161 is pathetic and will not even get you into a top 25 school

that's rude...

4for44

Postby 4for44 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:59 am

caligulove wrote:2.9/161 URM... afraid to ask but, chances?

There are 8000+ people who throw their hat in the HLS ring each year, all with the same hope of being accepted. I say why not give it a shot! Only live once, and especially if you have a compelling story what do you have to lose besides money!

I would add that unless you've won a nobel prize, chances aren't going to be good...

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 am

Its not mean nor rude, tis reality. The man asked it straight and got it straight. A Harvard application costs what? 100 quid? Whats the point of investing a good dinner with the boyfriend or girlfriend on a hopeless cause?

pennyloafer17

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 am

7ED wrote:Its not mean nor rude, tis reality. The man asked it straight and got it straight. A Harvard application costs what? 100 quid? Whats the point of investing a good dinner with the boyfriend or girlfriend on a hopeless cause?

I think you can say that someone has slim chances without calling them pathetic...just saying

hellome

Postby hellome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:21 am

7ED wrote:Its not mean nor rude, tis reality. The man asked it straight and got it straight. A Harvard application costs what? 100 quid? Whats the point of investing a good dinner with the boyfriend or girlfriend on a hopeless cause?

i think we were both referring to the manner in which the poster expressed his/her opinions.

mcted

Postby mcted » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Any idea when the next round of JR2s might come out?

123kl

Postby 123kl » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:29 pm

I would guess next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had my JR1 today. . . Expecting nothing to happen to me next week, but I love Harvard, and will stay optimistic!

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 am

123kl wrote:I would guess next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had my JR1 today. . . Expecting nothing to happen to me next week, but I love Harvard, and will stay optimistic!

Don't be down on yourself, remember JR1 means you automatically have like a 70% chance of acceptance already.

123kl

Postby 123kl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:
123kl wrote:I would guess next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had my JR1 today. . . Expecting nothing to happen to me next week, but I love Harvard, and will stay optimistic!

Don't be down on yourself, remember JR1 means you automatically have like a 70% chance of acceptance already.

Thanks for the encouragement!

logistikon

Postby logistikon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:

whoaa.......

really?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

This is not that big of a deal, but did anyone receive a "Your application is complete" email after they had already, according to status checker, been under review for like a week? I just got a complete email from HLS but have been under review for nine days . . . kind of odd.

This happened to me with another school as well, so maybe it's normal?

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

logistikon wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:

whoaa.......

really?

yes

and dont think of the JR1 as a step you have to 'pass' to get into HLS. it is a necessary component of admittance, but if you have an eh interview, but everything else about your app package is amazing...you're still in. JR1 might mean more for ppl on the borderline. also, if you REALLY BOMB it, it might hurt an otherwise 'good' app...and by really bomb, i mean like the stories Toby Stock used to tell [about the guy who stopped him in the middle of the JR1 and put him on hold to feed his dog lol]

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:This is not that big of a deal, but did anyone receive a "Your application is complete" email after they had already, according to status checker, been under review for like a week? I just got a complete email from HLS but have been under review for nine days . . . kind of odd.

Yep. Normal

Spykuh

Postby Spykuh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:15 pm

daisyduke wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:This is not that big of a deal, but did anyone receive a "Your application is complete" email after they had already, according to status checker, been under review for like a week? I just got a complete email from HLS but have been under review for nine days . . . kind of odd.

Yep. Normal

hahah this was the first thing i saw when i got up this morning and panicked, glad to see that it's already been answered.

hoopla14

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 pm

daisyduke wrote:

Yep. Normal

I got my complete email after I had my JR1.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Spykuh wrote:
daisyduke wrote:

Yep. Normal

hahah this was the first thing i saw when i got up this morning and panicked, glad to see that it's already been answered.

Yup, when I saw the email my heart skipped a couple beats. Not as bad as two days ago with another school I've applied to: after being complete with them and in review for weeks, I received a package in the mail . . . open it up and it is a view book and invitation to apply :evil: .

Oh well, I'm sure dealing with thousands of applications can cause processes to get a little haywire.

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Spykuh wrote:
daisyduke wrote:

Yep. Normal

Yup, when I saw the email my heart skipped a couple beats. Not as bad as two days ago with another school I've applied to: after being complete with them and in review for weeks, I received a package in the mail . . . open it up and it is a view book and invitation to apply :evil: .

Oh well, I'm sure dealing with thousands of applications can cause processes to get a little haywire.

That is so funny doode lolll really unfortunate but still funny. I'm in the same boat for the UR then complete email. I'm subpar numbers so maybe they are officially starting to look at us?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 pm

leeronalda wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Spykuh wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
Yep. Normal

That is so funny doode lolll really unfortunate but still funny. I'm in the same boat for the UR then complete email. I'm subpar numbers so maybe they are officially starting to look at us?

Interesting thought. Could be right.

playdough

Postby playdough » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Does anyone know from previous cycles if early apps (Sep) can get held in January too? Or it is only people who applied later that get held? It seems like if you applied early, they have had enough time to think about you, no?

hotshot234512

Postby hotshot234512 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 pm

could someone please link last year's thread. I'm in the high numbers long time under review club and want to scour that thread for pieces of hope. I know of plenty of cases of low numbers getting JR1s after long periods of UR, but that seems natural e.g. they like an applicant, but want to make sure they can justify admitting them within the context of the applicant pool. I feel like with high numbers people if they are hesitating it means they don't like us :( because they could justify taking us from a numerical standpoint, but something else must be holding them back. I know there are a few of us, SLAX for one (how are you doing btw?)

rm61

Postby rm61 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm

When I casually checked my iPhone and saw the "jdadmiss" sender in my inbox, I blacked out a little. Only to be told that my app is "complete"--after I've been under review for about 2 weeks, and had my JR1 yesterday. So confusing. Naturally, I'm over-analyzing the timing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”