Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:I like this group of 170 friends we got here. I like the 170 batch idea, hope you are right about the 170 club.

Heck I may just start a 170 club thread.


DO IT.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 123kl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks everyone!! I am so shocked

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:21 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I like this group of 170 friends we got here. I like the 170 batch idea, hope you are right about the 170 club.

Heck I may just start a 170 club thread.


DO IT.


+1

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:23 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I like this group of 170 friends we got here. I like the 170 batch idea, hope you are right about the 170 club.

Heck I may just start a 170 club thread.


DO IT.


+1


DONE!

ACcommando
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ACcommando » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Good things can still happen even if you have been waiting for awhile. Sometimes they come from unexpected directions. I've been UR at Harvard since 10/19 but got into Yale yesterday, applications submitted within days of each other. Crazy, right?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 pm

ACcommando wrote:Good things can still happen even if you have been waiting for awhile. Sometimes they come from unexpected directions. I've been UR at Harvard since 10/19 but got into Yale yesterday, applications submitted within days of each other. Crazy, right?


Congrats! I hope to duplicate that!

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
ivantheterbl wrote:Congrats to everyone that has already received a JR1 or JR2!!! I went UR on 11/15, and got an email about being complete 11/22, and was just wondering what people thought my chances of getting a JR1 are. I am 174/3.87, right out of college, nothing especially unique in terms of softs, probably good recs.


I have basically the exact same numbers/submission dates and I'm still waiting for a JR 1, too. I think we've got a pretty good shot, but we're going to have be really patient.



I'm right there with you also. Identical numbers to ivan and no JR1. I'm a retaker though so my chances are probably only half yours lol.

ACcommando
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ACcommando » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ACcommando wrote:Good things can still happen even if you have been waiting for awhile. Sometimes they come from unexpected directions. I've been UR at Harvard since 10/19 but got into Yale yesterday, applications submitted within days of each other. Crazy, right?


Congrats! I hope to duplicate that!


Thanks r6! Keep your chin up!

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Ragged wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:
ivantheterbl wrote:Congrats to everyone that has already received a JR1 or JR2!!! I went UR on 11/15, and got an email about being complete 11/22, and was just wondering what people thought my chances of getting a JR1 are. I am 174/3.87, right out of college, nothing especially unique in terms of softs, probably good recs.


I have basically the exact same numbers/submission dates and I'm still waiting for a JR 1, too. I think we've got a pretty good shot, but we're going to have be really patient.



I'm right there with you also. Identical numbers to ivan and no JR1. I'm a retaker though so my chances are probably only half yours lol.


Maybe we'll all be in the same batch... which will be sent out today...

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby NikaneOkie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

What's the normal wait between going under review and an interview request?
I see that I've been under review for a couple weeks now.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:00 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:What's the normal wait between going under review and an interview request?
I see that I've been under review for a couple weeks now.


I'm wondering the same thing. Tomorrow will be my 2 week under review anniversary....no jr1...

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:What's the normal wait between going under review and an interview request?
I see that I've been under review for a couple weeks now.


I'm wondering the same thing. Tomorrow will be my 2 week under review anniversary....no jr1...


Tomorrow will be 4 weeks for me.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 123kl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 pm

I got one after 5 weeks yesterday!! Have hope! I have far from amazing numbers.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Alas, I am at 2 months, but I already knew if they were even going to look at me, then it would be much later.

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?

hoopla14
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hoopla14 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Think I was a little over two weeks - went UR around the middle of November, JR1 email November 30th.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm

playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?



Yes, sir.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?



Yes, sir.


When do they usually come out?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?



Yes, sir.


When do they usually come out?


If I remember correctly, there was a "hold" batch in mid-January last year. I don't know if there were any subsequent holds.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?



Yes, sir.


Could you imagine? "An email from Harvard? A JR1????....'Held.' :twisted: "

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
playdough wrote:Does anyone have a sense of the proportion of people that are held? And can you be held if you applied back in September, or are you pretty much rejected at this point (because in some sense, you have already been "held" for 3 months)? Are people that are held typically from later applications (Nov/Dec)?


Do you get a "held" email if you end up being "held"?



Yes, sir.


Could you imagine? "An email from Harvard? A JR1????....'Held.' :twisted: "


Haha, well better than a rejection, no less.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Haha, well better than a rejection, no less.


Yes I would be very thrilled with a WL. I would go nuts with an acceptance.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 pm

I was held/rejected last cycle. If the 4 extra LSAT points will not atleast get me a WL I will be :?

caligulove
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby caligulove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:35 am

2.9/161 URM... afraid to ask but, chances?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, hammy393, Long shot hero, nubcs, PDX4343 and 11 guests