Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Edited for Privacy.
Last edited by thecilent on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

I won't lie. Every time I see a new JR1 sprout up, I check my email box, only to be sad again.
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
icecreamcicle
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby icecreamcicle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Yay! Congrats!!
Last edited by icecreamcicle on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:44 pm

The latest from the HLS blog below. He has the comment page open too if anyone wants to ask questions.
----

As the few remaining leaves fall off the trees here in Cambridge, I wanted to check-in to give you all a quick update on where we are in reviewing your applications.

Right now, my office is pretty much filled with files for review. Our team of admissions professionals and faculty are reading, nearly round-the-clock, to get all of you decisions as quickly as possible. I’m also continuing phone interviews, with about 40 scheduled for this week.

The good news is that, to date, we’re on track to get virtually every applicant a decision within the 2-3 month time frame that we shoot for. So if you haven’t heard anything yet, rest assured that we’re working as fast as we can and we’ll be getting back to you soon. And we’ll definitely be doing at least one more round of admit calls before we shut down for the holidays, so keep your phone handy (or at least your blackberry, as I’ll send you an e-mail if I can’t get you on the phone)!

Happy Holidays!
Josh

Spykuh
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Spykuh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm


ETA: I won't lie. Every time I see a new JR1 sprout up, I check my email box, only to be sad again.




meeee tooooooooo :(

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby jd2014! » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Spykuh wrote:

ETA: I won't lie. Every time I see a new JR1 sprout up, I check my email box, only to be sad again.




meeee tooooooooo :(



::weeps::

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Every time someone gets one and I don't I die a little bit inside.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby forward » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:52 pm

CastleRock wrote:Every time someone gets one and I don't I die a little bit inside.

User avatar
Calla Lily
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Calla Lily » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Congrats! :D And good luck to all on future JR1s/the next round of JR2s!
Last edited by Calla Lily on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ivantheterbl
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ivantheterbl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Congrats to everyone that has already received a JR1 or JR2!!! I went UR on 11/15, and got an email about being complete 11/22, and was just wondering what people thought my chances of getting a JR1 are. I am 174/3.87, right out of college, nothing especially unique in terms of softs, probably good recs.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:01 pm

My low expectations are keeping me cool. I decided after the first round of JR 2s that I would be getting rejected come January. Anything that deviates from that plan is just a bonus.

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:17 pm

ivantheterbl wrote:Congrats to everyone that has already received a JR1 or JR2!!! I went UR on 11/15, and got an email about being complete 11/22, and was just wondering what people thought my chances of getting a JR1 are. I am 174/3.87, right out of college, nothing especially unique in terms of softs, probably good recs.


I have basically the exact same numbers/submission dates and I'm still waiting for a JR 1, too. I think we've got a pretty good shot, but we're going to have be really patient.

Also, congrats 123kl--I know you've been waiting a while.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Congrats 123kl! Maybe if I can find a typo on my resume I'd be inline for a JR1 tomorrow? :P

Now that sub median LSAT scorers are starting to get JR1's, it's probably time to abandon ship.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:Congrats 123kl! Maybe if I can find a typo on my resume I'd be inline for a JR1 tomorrow? :P

Now that sub median LSAT scorers are starting to get JR1's, it's probably time to abandon ship.


Seriously. That blog post simply told me not to worry, that my rejection will be on its way soon. :P

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Congrats 123kl! Maybe if I can find a typo on my resume I'd be inline for a JR1 tomorrow? :P

Now that sub median LSAT scorers are starting to get JR1's, it's probably time to abandon ship.


Seriously. That blog post simply told me not to worry, that my rejection will be on its way soon. :P


That's EXACTLY how I read it! I was thinking...no no no. You take your time. I don't need to be rejected that qickly. I can wait around a bit.

playdough
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby playdough » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah I agree - it sounded like if you haven't heard yet, don't worry, you'll get your rejection soon enough - and we are working REALLY hard to get it to you as soon as possible. Sigh. It sucks to be almost 30 and be judged for things you did when you were 19.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Congrats 123kl! Maybe if I can find a typo on my resume I'd be inline for a JR1 tomorrow? :P

Now that sub median LSAT scorers are starting to get JR1's, it's probably time to abandon ship.


Seriously. That blog post simply told me not to worry, that my rejection will be on its way soon. :P


That's EXACTLY how I read it! I was thinking...no no no. You take your time. I don't need to be rejected that qickly. I can wait around a bit.


That's why we are numbers twins-we draw the same conclusions. :P

evilsushi1
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby evilsushi1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Does anyone know if any JR2s went out today? Figured there might be some since it's Monday, which if I understand correctly is usually the day they go out...

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Congrats 123kl!! Hopefully we'll be seeing more JR1s this week. I don't think we should freak out yet...it's only Monday! Here's to optimism. :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Confused7 wrote:Congrats 123kl!! Hopefully we'll be seeing more JR1s this week. I don't think we should freak out yet...it's only Monday! Here's to optimism. :D


Ok I will wait until next Monday.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Congrats 123kl!! Hopefully we'll be seeing more JR1s this week. I don't think we should freak out yet...it's only Monday! Here's to optimism. :D


Ok I will wait until next Monday.


r6_philly, we're in the 170 batch. Don't give up! 'Cause if you do, then I'll have to also, haha.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Never give up!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Never give up!


+1.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

I like this group of 170 friends we got here. I like the 170 batch idea, hope you are right about the 170 club.

Heck I may just start a 170 club thread.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Harvards not that great anyway..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, NotAGolfer, SilverSurfer2020, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests