Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah I got the UR email this morning to and I've had that status since 11/16.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*


Hmmm this might be true for the ug but hls so far seems decent in this category... I mean many it's the larger size, but there are some very attractive ls students here.


i have to agree; the HLS body is definitely not bad looking (on the whole) -- and im from TX :P

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 am

So no new JR1 emails today? Maybe next Monday? (Not that I would be getting one of those, but the excitement is still awesome :) .)

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby St.Remy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:00 am

So as a person who has been UR since the 1st of November (though I only got the completion email on the 10th) when should I start giving up hope for a JR1? Harvard's always been a bit of a stretch for me, so I won't be overly disappointed if I don't get in, but I'd like a general date when I can sort of mentally cross it off my list and move on.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:29 am

St.Remy wrote:So as a person who has been UR since the 1st of November (though I only got the completion email on the 10th) when should I start giving up hope for a JR1? Harvard's always been a bit of a stretch for me, so I won't be overly disappointed if I don't get in, but I'd like a general date when I can sort of mentally cross it off my list and move on.


You will either get a waitlist or a reject by May if you don't get a JR1 at some point. I recall enough people who got accepted in the last few weeks, then again in the summer to not totally write it off. I think deposit deadlines at other schools past before people totally gave up. So if we are probably in the long haul.

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby CapHillLove » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:31 am

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby 20121109 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:31 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
Na_Swatch wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*


Hmmm this might be true for the ug but hls so far seems decent in this category... I mean many it's the larger size, but there are some very attractive ls students here.


i have to agree; the HLS body is definitely not bad looking (on the whole) -- and im from TX :P


<-----

zOMG thank you <3

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:42 am

CapHillLove wrote:No JR1 emails tomorrow, right?


I would be surprised if we heard anything today--I'm assuming they're on holiday.

Looks like we gotta wait until next week...

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby tomwatts » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 pm

St.Remy wrote:So as a person who has been UR since the 1st of November (though I only got the completion email on the 10th) when should I start giving up hope for a JR1? Harvard's always been a bit of a stretch for me, so I won't be overly disappointed if I don't get in, but I'd like a general date when I can sort of mentally cross it off my list and move on.

My impression from the timing of all of this is that your odds become pretty low if you don't get a JR1 email within the next week or two. But I'm not entirely sure.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Hey guys, I sent in my app on 11/18. Any guesses about how long till I go UR?

User avatar
abitaman6363
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby abitaman6363 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
Na_Swatch wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*


Hmmm this might be true for the ug but hls so far seems decent in this category... I mean many it's the larger size, but there are some very attractive ls students here.


i have to agree; the HLS body is definitely not bad looking (on the whole) -- and im from TX :P


Good to know! I'm from Louisiana and I will certainly trust another Southerner's sensibilities : )

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:52 pm

I was complete at Harvard in early November and went UR on the 23rd!!


So about a month--month and 1/2 if I'm going to get a JR1 right?

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby bryannance » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:59 am

New here, and been searching the forums to find an answer myself but can't: What do JR1/JR2 mean?

Tedious, I'm sure, but thanks!

CreativityKing
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby CreativityKing » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 am

bryannance wrote:New here, and been searching the forums to find an answer myself but can't: What do JR1/JR2 mean?

Tedious, I'm sure, but thanks!


Check the very first post in this thread.

JR1: Harvard phone interview.
JR2: Harvard acceptance phone call.

JR: Josh Rubenstein.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey, before this thread picks up again, when do ya'll think we can expect to see movement on JR1s and JR2s? Is this monday too soon? Or perhaps the monday after that?

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby St.Remy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

arkansawyer wrote:Hey, before this thread picks up again, when do ya'll think we can expect to see movement on JR1s and JR2s? Is this monday too soon? Or perhaps the monday after that?


After the first big burst of JR1s and the corresponding JR2s there really isn't a time during the cycle with equal activity. A few JR1 notifications will come out on Monday but likely in the single digits at most. News will trickle into TLS over the next couple weeks but nothing like the volume that you've seen over the past ten-fifteen days.

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby eskimogirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:27 pm

how long after a jr1 should people expect to receive a jr2 (if they are going to receive one, that is)?

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 pm

St.Remy wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:Hey, before this thread picks up again, when do ya'll think we can expect to see movement on JR1s and JR2s? Is this monday too soon? Or perhaps the monday after that?


After the first big burst of JR1s and the corresponding JR2s there really isn't a time during the cycle with equal activity. A few JR1 notifications will come out on Monday but likely in the single digits at most. News will trickle into TLS over the next couple weeks but nothing like the volume that you've seen over the past ten-fifteen days.


Thanks!

Also, according to LSN another person with the same scores as me (174/3.94) has already been admitted. Does that lessen my chances (I sent my app in 11/18)?

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm

eskimogirl wrote:how long after a jr1 should people expect to receive a jr2 (if they are going to receive one, that is)?


this varies a lot depending on when during the cycle you submitted (and prob the relative strength of your app)

ex: first batch could have submitted at the end of sept., but would not have heard back until this past Monday...i think he does another big batch or two in December...

but later on in the cycle, ive heard of turnarounds as fast as 2-3 days

User avatar
SullaFelix
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby SullaFelix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:Hey, before this thread picks up again, when do ya'll think we can expect to see movement on JR1s and JR2s? Is this monday too soon? Or perhaps the monday after that?


After the first big burst of JR1s and the corresponding JR2s there really isn't a time during the cycle with equal activity. A few JR1 notifications will come out on Monday but likely in the single digits at most. News will trickle into TLS over the next couple weeks but nothing like the volume that you've seen over the past ten-fifteen days.


Thanks!

Also, according to LSN another person with the same scores as me (174/3.94) has already been admitted. Does that lessen my chances (I sent my app in 11/18)?


well, it's certainly a better result for you than if that applicant was rejected.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby dbrddr » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 pm

arkansawyer wrote:Also, according to LSN another person with the same scores as me (174/3.94) has already been admitted. Does that lessen my chances (I sent my app in 11/18)?


No more than that someone from your UG institution's already been accepted :p

You'll have a JR1 coming soon for sure.

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby arkansawyer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 pm

well, it's certainly a better result for you than if that applicant was rejected.


lol i suppose so

hope2014
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hope2014 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Any ideas if there will be JR2s tomorrow for people with JR1s last week?

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:18 pm

hope2014 wrote:Any ideas if there will be JR2s tomorrow for people with JR1s last week?


According to history, no. I would guess next round of JR2s on next Monday (December 6th).

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby CapHillLove » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:23 pm

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, dietcoke1, PDX4343, proteinshake, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, UghNonAmus and 21 guests