Harvard 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:14 am

So what do you think the total amount of JR2s is right now? As in X / 880 (approx.) happened, X = ?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am

Just got a complete e-mail even though I've been UR since 11/17 (submitted 11/08). Wish they would just get it over with an reject me...

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ringdabell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 am

tipler4213 wrote:Just got a complete e-mail even though I've been UR since 11/17 (submitted 11/08). Wish they would just get it over with an reject me...



Same here! I was UCR since 11/16 and they JUST emailed me that my app is completed... :shock:

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am

I assume they are just updating as they are about to start looking at apps that were too late for the first JR1. Meaning they will quickly glance at my score and move it to the "we could go ahead and reject them now, but are choosing to let them agonize for a few months before rejecting them" pile

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Confused7 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 am

Complete here too and went UR as of 11/18. Similar dates and similar stats? :/

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:57 am

Yeah complete here as well. (UR 11/17)

applebee1
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby applebee1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:58 am

Just got a complete email. I submitted the application on 11/7, and my application was UR on 11/16. JR1 email 11/19 and JR1 on 11/23.
Last edited by applebee1 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 am

Confused7 wrote:Complete here too and went UR as of 11/18. Similar dates and similar stats? :/


.
Last edited by Weirdlog on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abitaman6363
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby abitaman6363 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ringdabell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm

abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*



They should totally pick me.
i'll make it hot. :P

jk
waiting for any decision yet makes me crazy i guess

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 pm

ringdabell wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*



They should totally pick me.
i'll make it hot. :P

jk
waiting for any decision yet makes me crazy i guess


shoulda attached a portfolio with your app...

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ringdabell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*



They should totally pick me.
i'll make it hot. :P

jk
waiting for any decision yet makes me crazy i guess


shoulda attached a portfolio with your app...



HAHA good call.
Shoulda totally done that Legally Blonde thing =P and bedazzle them

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:30 pm

ringdabell wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
shoulda attached a portfolio with your app...



HAHA good call.
Shoulda totally done that Legally Blonde thing =P and bedazzle them


I was at the information session in Oct on my campus and a model actually did ask this question and was very shocked when she was told no.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:34 pm

So there's an "Under Committee Review" too?

Sigh. I'm still stuck at UR from 10/20....guess I'm not even worthy of the commitee.

:roll:

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby ringdabell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
shoulda attached a portfolio with your app...



HAHA good call.
Shoulda totally done that Legally Blonde thing =P and bedazzle them


I was at the information session in Oct on my campus and a model actually did ask this question and was very shocked when she was told no.



LOL ,..... I was totally joking lol but I guess she really meant it huh? =P oh wells.

Any idea when the second round of JR would be?
Since I just received the complete email this morning, I feel like whether I have a chance or not depends on whether I get email for JR for the next round or not. =( kinda worried

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

ringdabell wrote:LOL ,..... I was totally joking lol but I guess she really meant it huh? =P oh wells.

Any idea when the second round of JR would be?
Since I just received the complete email this morning, I feel like whether I have a chance or not depends on whether I get email for JR for the next round or not. =( kinda worried


My attitude is there is always a chance to get in in March/April if you don't get it now. Everyone keep saying it will be a gentler cycle this year, so if they are being over cautious, they will admit more liberally later on.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ringdabell wrote:LOL ,..... I was totally joking lol but I guess she really meant it huh? =P oh wells.

Any idea when the second round of JR would be?
Since I just received the complete email this morning, I feel like whether I have a chance or not depends on whether I get email for JR for the next round or not. =( kinda worried


My attitude is there is always a chance to get in in March/April if you don't get it now. Everyone keep saying it will be a gentler cycle this year, so if they are being over cautious, they will admit more liberally later on.


I like this theory. Hope its right lol.

hulahoop
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hulahoop » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 pm

applebee1 wrote:Just got a complete email. I submitted the application on 11/7, and my application was UR on 11/16. JR1 email 11/19 and JR1 on 11/23.



just got a complete email today too, got my jr1 email 11/19 as well. mines not till later tho. does that mean you had your jr1 already? how did it go?

and what is this 'commitee review' thing... different from normal UR?

User avatar
Rainer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Rainer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm

also got a completed email today, UR 11/16.

saw the email from HLS and thought, its about time JR!

ooops... :?

Kaitlyn
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Kaitlyn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Rainer wrote:also got a completed email today, UR 11/16.

saw the email from HLS and thought, its about time JR!

ooops... :?


+1

UR 11/16, complete email today

hope2014
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby hope2014 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:20 pm

I also had my JR1 call yesterday. Do you think there will be JR2s this Monday or not til 12/6? (last year there were no JR2s the Monday after thanksgiving but I also did not see any JR1 calls the week of Thanksgiving)

User avatar
Sinra
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Sinra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm UR as of today. I wonder if they'll laugh when they look at the app. :lol:

User avatar
Na_Swatch
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby Na_Swatch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 pm

abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*


Hmmm this might be true for the ug but hls so far seems decent in this category... I mean many it's the larger size, but there are some very attractive ls students here.

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby catsparka » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:30 pm

UR as of 11/16 and just got complete email today...! I saw the "jdadmiss@harvard" email address and freaked out like OMG JR11111!!!!111 but then no.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:I found out today that Harvard is ranked as having the ugliest student body of all colleges. *sigh*

Hmmm this might be true for the ug but hls so far seems decent in this category... I mean many it's the larger size, but there are some very attractive ls students here.

It's my fault. They never should've let me in. Rankings will go back up once I graduate, I'm sure. :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests