Harvard 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arkansawyer

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Post by arkansawyer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 pm

CastleRock wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:First ding of the day reported 15 minutes ago on LSN.
Could be residual from other days.
Possible, but another just posted.
I hope so. I sure want some movement.
It's bad ju-ju to want rejections...but I too am impatient

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:34 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
It's bad ju-ju to want rejections...but I too am impatient
Not so much rejections, but more so finality.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:16 pm

At this point, I am praying for a Waitlist in the next 2 weeks.

REBeLlion

New

Post by REBeLlion » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 pm

neonx wrote:At this point, I am praying for a Waitlist in the next 2 weeks.

JR, I still have faith!

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” - Oscar Wilde

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:02 am

Last year's waitlists started on the 15th or 16th according to LSN, so my guess is that they're starting Monday. The rejection numbers are also starting to match the amount from last year, so I think a lot of people left are heading toward the waitlist. By this time next Friday I think a lot of us are going to know where we stand. :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:09 am

law_monkey wrote:Last year's waitlists started on the 15th or 16th according to LSN, so my guess is that they're starting Monday. The rejection numbers are also starting to match the amount from last year, so I think a lot of people left are heading toward the waitlist. By this time next Friday I think a lot of us are going to know where we stand. :shock:
I would absolutely LOVE to know either way. It's been a great ride, but I'm ready for the whole process to start winding down.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:25 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Last year's waitlists started on the 15th or 16th according to LSN, so my guess is that they're starting Monday. The rejection numbers are also starting to match the amount from last year, so I think a lot of people left are heading toward the waitlist. By this time next Friday I think a lot of us are going to know where we stand. :shock:
I would absolutely LOVE to know either way. It's been a great ride, but I'm ready for the whole process to start winding down.
Yeah I agree. Which is why I'm just a little scared of a waitlist just because I'll ride it at least for a month or so to see what happens. Even though I just want to be done.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:30 am

law_monkey wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Yeah I agree. Which is why I'm just a little scared of a waitlist just because I'll ride it at least for a month or so to see what happens. Even though I just want to be done.
I thought you were an nyu lock?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
I thought you were an nyu lock?
I'm a 99.9% NYU lock. The only thing that would unlock me would be HLS, and even then it would be more of a really tough decision than an automatic change of plans.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:43 am

law_monkey wrote:
I'm a 99.9% NYU lock. The only thing that would unlock me would be HLS, and even then it would be more of a really tough decision than an automatic change of plans.
Yeah I asked NYU's Director of Public Interest/RTK (Deb) about this, and she yelled at me for event considering it.

misterbingley

Bronze

Post by misterbingley » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm

neonx wrote:
Yeah I asked NYU's Director of Public Interest/RTK (Deb) about this, and she yelled at me for event considering it.
So SLS is out? The choice is NYU or possibly a late-game harvard?

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Oo it is my second LSAT score's page, must have a post here.

Poll: If JR tweeted "All holds to HLS Basement, those that agree to be waterboarded will be given JR1" would you go?

/boredtothepointofinsanity

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Oo it is my second LSAT score's page, must have a post here.

Poll: If JR tweeted "All holds to HLS Basement, those that agree to be waterboarded will be given JR1" would you go?

Is it like Sean Hannity where we can just agree to it but don't have to actually do it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Oo it is my second LSAT score's page, must have a post here.

Is it like Sean Hannity where we can just agree to it but don't have to actually do it?
Was that the guy (according to Wanda Sykes) that could be broken by being given middle seat in coach, let alone waterboarding? So no, you will enter a binding contract with Harvard, in which you are required to be waterboarded for a mutually agreed upon time and Harvard is required to offer you a phone interview after your "satisfactory" performance of your "obligation".

EDIT: I suddenly remembered I am writing these on a forum users of which mostly value being PC quite a bit more than me, therefore "DISCLAIMER: The writer in no way condones any type of torture or forceful interrogation methods and has no intention of belittling the pain and suffering of actual victims of these practices."

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I applied on the deadline and went UR on 3/9. Has the wave of rejections for people with similar late dates come through yet?

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:44 pm

marcellus wrote:I applied on the deadline and went UR on 3/9. Has the wave of rejections for people with similar late dates come through yet?
Similar here. Nothing yet...but there are 4 acceptances on LSN with similar dates, so I think we're headed for disappointment.

NikaneOkie

Bronze

Post by NikaneOkie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 pm

It's frustrating that they are taking even longer than Yale to tell us though. A may decision without even being waitlisted is frustrating.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:47 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:It's frustrating that they are taking even longer than Yale to tell us though. A may decision without even being waitlisted is frustrating.
Well, this and Chicago WL are my only hopes for this cycle, so I don't really care. I would like to hear something, though.

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:52 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:It's frustrating that they are taking even longer than Yale to tell us though. A may decision without even being waitlisted is frustrating.
Well, this and Chicago WL are my only hopes for this cycle, so I don't really care. I would like to hear something, though.
just withdrew from Chicago :wink: now, if only JR would call me backkk... haha

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:48 pm

I've been praying. Hard.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 am

I just deposited at NYU, but would almost definitely still go to Harvard if I got in. Can't turn them down twice...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:53 am

chasgoose wrote:I just deposited at NYU, but would almost definitely still go to Harvard if I got in. Can't turn them down twice...
Did you turn down Harvard UG?

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am

neonx wrote:
chasgoose wrote:I just deposited at NYU, but would almost definitely still go to Harvard if I got in. Can't turn them down twice...
Did you turn down Harvard UG?
Yes, I just can't make myself go to the top ranked school I get into. Although this time I probably would...

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:28 am

neonx wrote:I've been praying. Hard.
Wanna swap my Harvard acceptance for your Stanford acceptance? Because I would totally do that :lol:

misterbingley

Bronze

Post by misterbingley » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
neonx wrote:I've been praying. Hard.
Wanna swap my Harvard acceptance for your Stanford acceptance? Because I would totally do that :lol:
if only there were some kind of acceptance seat black market!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”