GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby nematoad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

minuit wrote:
Bpobryan wrote:anyone with a complete date stuck at 10/28 or earlier still without a decision?



hahaha 10/20 over here... should be getting my rejection any day now (which, tbh, was expected)


stuck on 10/20 as well. Applied PT. expecting a rejection any day now.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby minuit » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 pm

nematoad wrote:
minuit wrote:
Bpobryan wrote:anyone with a complete date stuck at 10/28 or earlier still without a decision?



hahaha 10/20 over here... should be getting my rejection any day now (which, tbh, was expected)


stuck on 10/20 as well. Applied PT. expecting a rejection any day now.


bah humbug. could you pm me your GPA??

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cruelestgame » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:33 pm

so 10/21 --> 11/4 --> and now all of a sudden --> 11/8

huh?

Bpobryan
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bpobryan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Now, one more question... for ED applicants, can anyone confirm when the "3 weeks" starts? date submitted? date tracker email sent? date of first complete? date of last complete?

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Bpobryan wrote:Now, one more question... for ED applicants, can anyone confirm when the "3 weeks" starts? date submitted? date tracker email sent? date of first complete? date of last complete?



You have to call them to ask. It appears the first date of complete isn't always accurate. My first complete date that showed was the 14th or 15th but Georgetown said my three weeks started on the 18th. Also, it is approximately 3 weeks. Mine were technically up today and still no news. They said I'd hear in the next day or two. Good luck to you and hopefully see you at Georgetown next year!

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby tttlllsss » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:17 pm

People are looking way too much into the status checker dates. There's hardly enough data to prove any correlation b/w date & decision.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2011Cycle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:19 pm

tttlllsss wrote:People are looking way too much into the status checker dates. There's hardly enough data to prove any correlation b/w date & decision.

+1

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby thedude221 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:24 pm

tttlllsss wrote:People are looking way too much into the status checker dates. There's hardly enough data to prove any correlation b/w date & decision.


Hey whatever bubble-burster.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm

cruelestgame wrote:so 10/21 --> 11/4 --> and now all of a sudden --> 11/8

huh?


Seems like a few of us are in this group. Guess we are all in their same pile of decisions.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Are there any other 11/2ers who havent gotten a letter?

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:43 pm

tttlllsss wrote:People are looking way too much into the status checker dates. There's hardly enough data to prove any correlation b/w date & decision.



this is possibly true
I definitely didn't get a letter with the rest of the 11/2 crowd
but I didn't go complete till 10/25... so I'm hoping they're going to check it out again and not holding onto my app for another few months to let me know I'm waitlisted... if that's what they do
Hey, at least no ding email :/

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm 11/2 (but complete 11/1). I'll probably have at least three more completion updates to wait through.

The group you're stuck on likely includes as many new apps as people who have been complete 4+ weeks. Chill. Average response time has been just under a month.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:People are looking way too much into the status checker dates. There's hardly enough data to prove any correlation b/w date & decision.



this is possibly true
I definitely didn't get a letter with the rest of the 11/2 crowd
but I didn't go complete till 10/25... so I'm hoping they're going to check it out again and not holding onto my app for another few months to let me know I'm waitlisted... if that's what they do
Hey, at least no ding email :/


Yeah being rejected this early would be v disheartening...

Also, I've been complete since the 12th.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dbrddr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 pm

In!! Sent 10/01, Complete 10/13. Last complete was 11/02 (my birthday!). Received the letter this afternoon in Arkansas. Above LSAT and GPA 75ths.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2011Cycle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

dbrddr wrote:In!! Sent 10/01, Complete 10/13. Last complete was 11/02 (my birthday!). Received the letter this afternoon in Arkansas. Above LSAT and GPA 75ths.

Congratulations. Regular Decision?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm

dulcatis wrote:Are there any other 11/2ers who havent gotten a letter?


I haven't yet either. Submitted 10/10. Complete 10/14, 10/28, 11/2.

In NYC but at work so haven't checked the mail yet today but I can't wait to! Hopefully it'll be there waiting for me.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there any other 11/2ers who havent gotten a letter?


I haven't yet either. Submitted 10/10. Complete 10/14, 10/28, 11/2.

In NYC but at work so haven't checked the mail yet today but I can't wait to! Hopefully it'll be there waiting for me.


I'm in NYC too, I hope our mail's just slow :) have been at school all day so I'll be checking in a couple hours...

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Stayed at 11/4 today. So happy

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm

dulcatis wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Are there any other 11/2ers who havent gotten a letter?


I haven't yet either. Submitted 10/10. Complete 10/14, 10/28, 11/2.

In NYC but at work so haven't checked the mail yet today but I can't wait to! Hopefully it'll be there waiting for me.


I'm in NYC too, I hope our mail's just slow :) have been at school all day so I'll be checking in a couple hours...


Me too. Good luck!! :D

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dbrddr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:31 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
dbrddr wrote:In!! Sent 10/01, Complete 10/13. Last complete was 11/02 (my birthday!). Received the letter this afternoon in Arkansas. Above LSAT and GPA 75ths.

Congratulations. Regular Decision?


Yes, RD. Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Stuck on 11/2 but didn't submit till late Oct. Add to that splitter status so I'm probably not hearing back for quite a while. Sigh. </impatience>

SnowyMobs
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SnowyMobs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 pm

have there been any decisions for ED'ers who interviewed yet?

dlpelletier
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dlpelletier » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Not that I know of on the ED interviewers. Mines all done and submitted back to Georgtown and still stuck at 10 / 29

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby eliekedourie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 pm

So I have an application complete at 11/3. I've seen a lot of 11/2, but does anyone else have 11/3? Also, for those who have received a decision, how many times did your status check update before you received a decision?

Basically...is there any info I can glean from this 11/3?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Just checked my mail. Still nothing. 11/2 complete.

:(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smashbash, Yahoo [Bot], yayalsat and 7 guests