GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brettfavre4
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby brettfavre4 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Anyone get in ED with 169, 3.7ish... I'm about to apply ED and very nervous about my chances after seeing other peoples stats on here.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:23 pm

brettfavre4 wrote:Anyone get in ED with 169, 3.7ish... I'm about to apply ED and very nervous about my chances after seeing other peoples stats on here.


I'm ED reverse splitter. I should hear back on Monday. So far it doesn't appear anyone has gotten in ED just a waitlist, a defer, and a rejection.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby incompetentia » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:31 pm

I believe there have been one or two ED admits in the thread...but I have no statistics for them so I can't say for sure.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:38 pm

incompetentia wrote:I believe there have been one or two ED admits in the thread...but I have no statistics for them so I can't say for sure.


Really? I didn't see any. Maybe I missed them! My b!

haveaniceday111
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby haveaniceday111 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:53 pm

158/169, 3.41 ED deferred today.

my heart definitely sank, but spirits still high considering that GULC was a bit of a reach with my numbers.

the deferral email says that additional information is not necessary, but should I send in additional letters of rec or an addendum for the 158 anyway? would this be a bad move?

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby mr_toad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 pm

How long did it take for people to get an e-mail with status checker info? Just curious, I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything back...

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 am

haveaniceday111 wrote:158/169, 3.41 ED deferred today.

my heart definitely sank, but spirits still high considering that GULC was a bit of a reach with my numbers.

the deferral email says that additional information is not necessary, but should I send in additional letters of rec or an addendum for the 158 anyway? would this be a bad move?



You got a deferred email on a sunday???!!!

I would definitely send additional info and a letter of continued interest if GULC is where you want to be. Best of Luck to you!

haveaniceday111
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby haveaniceday111 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
haveaniceday111 wrote:158/169, 3.41 ED deferred today.

my heart definitely sank, but spirits still high considering that GULC was a bit of a reach with my numbers.

the deferral email says that additional information is not necessary, but should I send in additional letters of rec or an addendum for the 158 anyway? would this be a bad move?



You got a deferred email on a sunday???!!!

I would definitely send additional info and a letter of continued interest if GULC is where you want to be. Best of Luck to you!





I'm out of the country in a different time zone - the letter came in at 1 am Saturday morning, so, Friday morning/afternoon-ish, I think.

My timeline was....

10/14 Sent
10/15 Received
10/18 Complete
11/6 received email

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am

I am also on the deferral train. Better than an outright rejection, I guess?

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am

Deuce wrote:I am also on the deferral train. Better than an outright rejection, I guess?


Most definitely! You still have a shot. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking...I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow...

Bpobryan
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bpobryan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am

Can anyone confirm that all rejections/waitlist notices come via email? (and they come on or near your last complete date?)

I'm ED suck at complete on 10/28, hasn't moved since then, and no snail mail or email.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 am

Bpobryan wrote:Can anyone confirm that all rejections/waitlist notices come via email? (and they come on or near your last complete date?)

I'm ED suck at complete on 10/28, hasn't moved since then, and no snail mail or email.


All of the waitlist/dings that have been disclosed ITT have come via email.

User avatar
jfb
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby jfb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 am

mr_toad wrote:How long did it take for people to get an e-mail with status checker info? Just curious, I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything back...


I applied on 11/1 and got the email the next day.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MissLucky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 am

mr_toad wrote:How long did it take for people to get an e-mail with status checker info? Just curious, I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything back...


same here

MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MM326 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 am

Out of curiosity, has anyone who submitted after 10/22 received a decision yet?

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby timmna » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am

I applied on 11/3 and got a status checker email the next day.

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby beleaguer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 pm

finallyyyy complete on 11/8! :D

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 123xalady » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

MM326 wrote:
oxford_don wrote:I submitted on 10/24 and my status has not moved since I went complete on 10/29. GULC, please look at my application.


+1

Yeah I submitted around the same time and am still stuck, like you, on 10/29. Sigh.


likewise- submitted 10/22

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Still stuck on 11/2
No email no letter

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Still stuck on 11/2
No email no letter


ME TOO.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

From my statistics, it looks like 10/11ish is the latest complete date for which anybody has gotten an RD decision. People who have October scores or submitted in late Oct will probably have to wait another week or two at the least.

dlpelletier
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dlpelletier » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Complete 10/5 last updated 10/29 This is killing me.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 pm

incompetentia wrote:From my statistics, it looks like 10/11ish is the latest complete date for which anybody has gotten an RD decision. People who have October scores or submitted in late Oct will probably have to wait another week or two at the least.


Wah I went complete 10/12. :(

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby artichoke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:39 pm

I'M IN! My dad got the letter today. At least I know I'll be going SOMEWHERE next year. Good luck all, I have my fingers crossed for you!

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Sentry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 pm

artichoke88 wrote:I'M IN! My dad got the letter today. At least I know I'll be going SOMEWHERE next year. Good luck all, I have my fingers crossed for you!

YAY! Congrats numbers twin! May I ask your dates?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”