GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
flow123

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby flow123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:34 pm

evandm wrote:Hey Flow. I was wondering if you've seen any activity on your status tracker. Your decision date is almost here!

I got asked to interview as well :(. I'm not viewing this as a good sign though. I'm ED and not a splitter - my numbers are pretty much at the median. I feel like it means they were about to reject me but decided to give me one last chance. Am I being too pesimistic?? I don't know, I guess I was just actually expecting an acceptance...

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 pm

flow123 wrote:
evandm wrote:Hey Flow. I was wondering if you've seen any activity on your status tracker. Your decision date is almost here!

I got asked to interview as well :(. I'm not viewing this as a good sign though. I'm ED and not a splitter - my numbers are pretty much at the median. I feel like it means they were about to reject me but decided to give me one last chance. Am I being too pesimistic?? I don't know, I guess I was just actually expecting an acceptance...

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad sign. If you're LSAT is below median though, I don't think you'll get in ED unless you have a super high GPA. "Pretty much at median" is kind of meaningless.

flow123

Postby flow123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:16 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
flow123 wrote:

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad sign. If you're LSAT is below median though, I don't think you'll get in ED unless you have a super high GPA. "Pretty much at median" is kind of meaningless.

I have a 170 LSAT.. I have good softs and I thought that applying so early in the cycle + ED would give me a better than good shot. What are they looking for in an interview that would make them decide whether to accept/reject an applicant?
Last edited by flow123 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Flow - Did you apply full-time, part-time, or both?

flow123

Postby flow123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm

evandm wrote:Flow - Did you apply full-time, part-time, or both?

Just full-time. I'm wondering if they are granting interviews to give themselves some extra time to get a better sense of the applicant pool, especially with the October LSAT scores coming out so soon. I'm anxious to see what kinds of numbers get accepted/invited to interview/deferred in the upcoming weeks. Oh the waiting game... Hopefully you will get a good decision next Friday and not have to wait any longer!!

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I got asked to interview as well... 3.1/177. I'm not feeling too confident about the stats for interviewed applicants, either :/

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Did you get the request via snailmail or email?

flow123

Postby flow123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:37 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:Did you get the request via snailmail or email?

email

chipchip

Postby chipchip » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Do the interview. I didn't. I was waitlisted (regular decision). I sent a LOCI a month after and got in the next day. Impress the alum, and you've got a much better shot.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I want an interview :(

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Sigh, me too

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Last year the final Monday of October is when first decisions went out... repeat?

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:20 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Last year the final Monday of October is when first decisions went out... repeat?

Were the first decisions only ED people or RD as well? I'm getting nervousssss :shock:

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:33 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Last year the final Monday of October is when first decisions went out... repeat?

Were the first decisions only ED people or RD as well? I'm getting nervousssss :shock:

Checking the thread from last year it appears that first decisions were actually RD only.

yellowmellow

Postby yellowmellow » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:44 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:

Checking the thread from last year it appears that first decisions were actually RD only.

I'm curious if that will happen this year with the new 3 week turn around for ED and them only starting to accept apps on October 1st??

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:00 pm

yellowmellow wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:

I'm curious if that will happen this year with the new 3 week turn around for ED and them only starting to accept apps on October 1st??

Hmm.. didnt realize that was new.. seems like that would definitely delay decisions a bit. Might be a longer wait than usual.

jazzman

Postby jazzman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 am

bk1 wrote:
jd2014! wrote:So when do RD decisions come out?

Looks like they started coming out mid-Oct last year. Since we've passed that, I would expect earliest to be early November.

How can this be accurate? It looks like their acceptance rate is near 50% on this graph. Shouldn't it be closer to around 20%?

minuit

Postby minuit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 am

jazzman wrote:
How can this be accurate? It looks like their acceptance rate is near 50% on this graph. Shouldn't it be closer to around 20%?

This is part of what's written underneath the graphs:

"Here are a few caveats and methodological decisions to keep in mind as you interpret these graphs:

A glance at the acceptance rates at the schools in question will reveal that most of the graphs are an inaccurate indicator of a candidate's chances of admission. In general, the graphs are skewed towards acceptances. It is possible that applicants are more likely to report a decision date when they are accepted than when they are rejected or waitlisted, or that applicants who spend time analyzing and reporting their own admissions statistics are, on average, more qualified than the typical candidate. The viewer should be aware that a graph's rejection and waitlist humps may be misleadingly low and should take care to look up the school's acceptance rate rather than drawing conclusions about his/her chances of admission based on the graph.[...]"

I guess the purpose of the graphs is to show when waves of decisions come out... the waves aren't very accurate statistically, however.

jazzman

Postby jazzman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 am

minuit wrote:
jazzman wrote:

This is part of what's written underneath the graphs:

"Here are a few caveats and methodological decisions to keep in mind as you interpret these graphs:

A glance at the acceptance rates at the schools in question will reveal that most of the graphs are an inaccurate indicator of a candidate's chances of admission. In general, the graphs are skewed towards acceptances. It is possible that applicants are more likely to report a decision date when they are accepted than when they are rejected or waitlisted, or that applicants who spend time analyzing and reporting their own admissions statistics are, on average, more qualified than the typical candidate. The viewer should be aware that a graph's rejection and waitlist humps may be misleadingly low and should take care to look up the school's acceptance rate rather than drawing conclusions about his/her chances of admission based on the graph.[...]"

I guess the purpose of the graphs is to show when waves of decisions come out... the waves aren't very accurate statistically, however.

Thanks for clearing that up.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:10 am

My status date changed to today, wheeeeeee

I'm RD.

cigrainger

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 am

hipstermafia wrote:My status date changed to today, wheeeeeee

I'm RD.

Mine did on Friday. I'm starting to think things may be later this year because of the later first submission date and new 3 week ED deal.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 am

cigrainger wrote:

I'm RD.

Mine did on Friday. I'm starting to think things may be later this year because of the later first submission date and new 3 week ED deal.

I agree. I just like status checker movement!

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 am

I'm RD.

Mine still stays "10/13" womp womp what gives? :cry:

cigrainger

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 am

hipstermafia wrote:
cigrainger wrote:

I'm RD.

I agree. I just like status checker movement!

Me too, makes me happy.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 am

My status updated to today as well. So far I've had updates on the 8th, 12th, 20th, and 25th... My three weeks is up on Friday. Getting very nervous haha

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”