GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jfb
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby jfb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Applied on Monday and went complete today, any idea as to when I can expect to receive a decision??

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby incompetentia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 pm

jfb wrote:Applied on Monday and went complete today, any idea as to when I can expect to receive a decision??

RD or ED?

User avatar
jfb
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby jfb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 pm

RD

3.9/170 if that makes any difference

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 am

artichoke88 wrote:
vicuna wrote:Looks like 11/2 is the new acceptance batch date.


Eek! I'm 11/2 in the middle-of-the-wilderness Michigan. This just got my hopes up. If I get a rejection email now it will sting twice as much.


Yeah I think everyone with 11/2 is going to be freaking out for a whiiile.

Or until we update tomorrow :(

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kak5n » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 am

What about 11/4 people? If any of you receive decisions, let me know! I'm in Charlottesville, close to DC, so if 11/4 is another batch, I guess I should know soon? Here's hoping for letters on Saturday or Monday.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

I'm 11/2, but I'm out of the country and it takes like three weeks for mail to get here from the US. I is sad :cry:

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby trudat15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:08 am

Havent sifted through this whole thread - with these dates are you guys talking about complete dates or under review? I've been completely since 10/29 but nothing after that.

Thanks

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am

trudat15 wrote:Havent sifted through this whole thread - with these dates are you guys talking about complete dates or under review? I've been completely since 10/29 but nothing after that.

Thanks


it just says "complete" but the date under it will periodically change, different changes for different people. there appears to be some sort of connection between the last "complete" date and people getting acceptance letters but theres no way to tell for sure how it works.. womp.

How many 11/2 people got acceptances btw? I'm on the 11/2 bandwagon right now as well.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby trudat15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Havent sifted through this whole thread - with these dates are you guys talking about complete dates or under review? I've been completely since 10/29 but nothing after that.

Thanks


it just says "complete" but the date under it will periodically change, different changes for different people. there appears to be some sort of connection between the last "complete" date and people getting acceptance letters but theres no way to tell for sure how it works.. womp.

How many 11/2 people got acceptances btw? I'm on the 11/2 bandwagon right now as well.



Ahh. Got it. Thanks. I need to get updated, dammit!

EDIT: I guess I haven't been status checking recently - I'm in the 11/2 group now (assume I've been there since Tuesday). Good luck everyone.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 am

Nightrunner wrote:
artichoke88 wrote:
vicuna wrote:Looks like 11/2 is the new acceptance batch date.


Eek! I'm 11/2 in the middle-of-the-wilderness Michigan. This just got my hopes up. If I get a rejection email now it will sting twice as much.

Good luck, Yooper.


+1

yay mitten <3s yoopers

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 am

trudat15 wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Havent sifted through this whole thread - with these dates are you guys talking about complete dates or under review? I've been completely since 10/29 but nothing after that.

Thanks


it just says "complete" but the date under it will periodically change, different changes for different people. there appears to be some sort of connection between the last "complete" date and people getting acceptance letters but theres no way to tell for sure how it works.. womp.

How many 11/2 people got acceptances btw? I'm on the 11/2 bandwagon right now as well.



Ahh. Got it. Thanks. I need to get updated, dammit!

EDIT: I guess I haven't been status checking recently - I'm in the 11/2 group now (assume I've been there since Tuesday). Good luck everyone.



I'm in the 11/2 group, but I wasn't complete until 10/25, so I cannot be part of this batch, right??

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 am

Okay, does anyone else have this problem?
GTown has under my address and phone, my permanent phone and address not my mailing address and cell phone...
Does that mean they're mailing everything back to MI? not to school?
I'll kill them! Should I call them???

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Okay, does anyone else have this problem?
GTown has under my address and phone, my permanent phone and address not my mailing address and cell phone...
Does that mean they're mailing everything back to MI? not to school?
I'll kill them! Should I call them???


Just checked for you, mine has my school address listed not my permanent...

I'm assuming MI is your parent's house? Can they just call you when the letter comes? I wouldn't screw with your address now on the off chance it delays your letter getting sent out or something. I may be paranoid but I didn't change my school address for that reason even though the mail here is iffy at times.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:09 am

moneko wrote:In as of 10/30 by letter :) so maybe they're coming out soon?


size/look of envelope?
or should we expect any information coming now to be an acceptance?

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 am

"from what I undersand, the rejections are in a standard window envelope. you will know the acceptance letter when you see it - cream colored, sealed with a georgetown sticker on the back...very fancy."


does this still apply?
(from 2008 thread)

lulu12
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby lulu12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:I'm in the 11/2 group, but I wasn't complete until 10/25, so I cannot be part of this batch, right??


+1 (?)

Also, I checked as well, and my address is correct but one of my 3 phone numbers is not. -__-

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:15 am

lulu12 wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:I'm in the 11/2 group, but I wasn't complete until 10/25, so I cannot be part of this batch, right??


+1 (?)

Also, I checked as well, and my address is correct but one of my 3 phone numbers is not. -__-


ditto about phone numbers, they have my parents number too.
weird.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby zworykin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 am

Still looking at 11/2 here (10/14 first complete date). No mail today. Phoenix, AZ.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:22 am

hahaha
OH MAN!

I messed up my address valid to-date
on EVERY SINGLE APPLICATION

they all say valid till 06/12/2010

2010!!!

IDIOT!

lulu12
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby lulu12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:02 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:hahaha
OH MAN!

I messed up my address valid to-date
on EVERY SINGLE APPLICATION

they all say valid till 06/12/2010

2010!!!

IDIOT!


Chill. They'll probably assume you meant 2011, since it wouldn't make sense for you to have submitted an address that was already invalid by the time you applied. They might email/call you to confirm, or you can call/email them to correct. It's a small issue. No big deal :)

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 am

lulu12 wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:hahaha
OH MAN!

I messed up my address valid to-date
on EVERY SINGLE APPLICATION

they all say valid till 06/12/2010

2010!!!

IDIOT!


Chill. They'll probably assume you meant 2011, since it wouldn't make sense for you to have submitted an address that was already invalid by the time you applied. They might email/call you to confirm, or you can call/email them to correct. It's a small issue. No big deal :)



nope lol, my status checker has the wrong address.
I contacted them.
I am chill, just laughing loudly at myself.
The idiot was a joke. I'm not upset. No big deal.

syezzie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby syezzie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 am

In! Got the letter last night. A nice card size with a handwritten note at the bottom. 173/3.6. I applied RD in early October. Last status update was 11/2. I live in VA.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 am

syezzie wrote:In! Got the letter last night. A nice card size with a handwritten note at the bottom. 173/3.6. I applied RD in early October. Last status update was 11/2. I live in VA.


Congrats! We're number twins! And my status is 11/2 too but I live in NY so maybe there'll be a letter in my mailbox today?! :D

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 am

absolutazn87 wrote:
syezzie wrote:In! Got the letter last night. A nice card size with a handwritten note at the bottom. 173/3.6. I applied RD in early October. Last status update was 11/2. I live in VA.


Congrats! We're number twins! And my status is 11/2 too but I live in NY so maybe there'll be a letter in my mailbox today?! :D


3.4/173 so that's close? haha
+1 to finding an envelope today (GT in their response to my mailing address correction did make it sound like they already mailed something lol :D)

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
syezzie wrote:In! Got the letter last night. A nice card size with a handwritten note at the bottom. 173/3.6. I applied RD in early October. Last status update was 11/2. I live in VA.


Congrats! We're number twins! And my status is 11/2 too but I live in NY so maybe there'll be a letter in my mailbox today?! :D


3.4/173 so that's close? haha
+1 to finding an envelope today (GT in their response to my mailing address correction did make it sound like they already mailed something lol :D)


That's awesome!! Good luck! Looks like 11/2 is the date to have!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, extrawatermelon, geofemme, lg77, notnecessarilyproper, tinafeyclone and 10 guests