GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Another thing to keep in mind is that its more likely for Priority WL to have equivalent or better offers and thus not make as much of an effort to get in off the WL.

I would have to imagine that, ceteris peribus, you have a better chance to get in off the PWL than the regular WL....otherwise it makes no sense to delineate.

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BeachandRun23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Emma1 wrote: Do you mean this year? I think most of the people that got off so far were special priority with 2 maybe 3 off priority and 1 or 2 off of regular.



I meant this year. Hmmm maybe...I guess it feels like more then...

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13639
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:31 pm

splitmuch wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that its more likely for Priority WL to have equivalent or better offers and thus not make as much of an effort to get in off the WL.

I would have to imagine that, ceteris peribus, you have a better chance to get in off the PWL than the regular WL....otherwise it makes no sense to delineate.

Who are you trying to impress?

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Flips88 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that its more likely for Priority WL to have equivalent or better offers and thus not make as much of an effort to get in off the WL.

I would have to imagine that, ceteris peribus, you have a better chance to get in off the PWL than the regular WL....otherwise it makes no sense to delineate.

Who are you trying to impress?



Sorry, Econ major in me.

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that its more likely for Priority WL to have equivalent or better offers and thus not make as much of an effort to get in off the WL.

I would have to imagine that, ceteris peribus, you have a better chance to get in off the PWL than the regular WL....otherwise it makes no sense to delineate.

Who are you trying to impress?



Sorry, Econ major in me.


I enjoyed it

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Just withdrew

soccer1006
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby soccer1006 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

how do we find out about acceptances, WL and rejections?

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm

lol this was interesting. There'd been no movement on my application since the initial 2/22 complete date, but I just got a call from the Director of Admissions inquiring about how interested I still was in GULC and whether or not I had committed anywhere else yet. I told her that I hadn't made any deposits yet but that I was in at Columbia and that it would probably take a pretty decent offer to pull me away from there, but that I was still interested. She mentioned that they were pretty strapped for cash and asked if I had a specific number ("like, say, 10,000 a year?") in mind that I was looking for "for when she went back to the committee."

So yeah, for anyone still waiting, they are apparently aware that deadlines are coming up and looking to get the remaining decisions out quickly.

User avatar
fanmingrui
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby fanmingrui » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that its more likely for Priority WL to have equivalent or better offers and thus not make as much of an effort to get in off the WL.

I would have to imagine that, ceteris peribus, you have a better chance to get in off the PWL than the regular WL....otherwise it makes no sense to delineate.

Who are you trying to impress?



Sorry, Econ major in me.


I enjoyed it


+1

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Zabini wrote:lol this was interesting. There'd been no movement on my application since the initial 2/22 complete date, but I just got a call from the Director of Admissions inquiring about how interested I still was in GULC and whether or not I had committed anywhere else yet. I told her that I hadn't made any deposits yet but that I was in at Columbia and that it would probably take a pretty decent offer to pull me away from there, but that I was still interested. She mentioned that they were pretty strapped for cash and asked if I had a specific number ("like, say, 10,000 a year?") in mind that I was looking for "for when she went back to the committee."

So yeah, for anyone still waiting, they are apparently aware that deadlines are coming up and looking to get the remaining decisions out quickly.


So you would take GULC over Columbia?

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Emma1 wrote:
Zabini wrote:lol this was interesting. There'd been no movement on my application since the initial 2/22 complete date, but I just got a call from the Director of Admissions inquiring about how interested I still was in GULC and whether or not I had committed anywhere else yet. I told her that I hadn't made any deposits yet but that I was in at Columbia and that it would probably take a pretty decent offer to pull me away from there, but that I was still interested. She mentioned that they were pretty strapped for cash and asked if I had a specific number ("like, say, 10,000 a year?") in mind that I was looking for "for when she went back to the committee."

So yeah, for anyone still waiting, they are apparently aware that deadlines are coming up and looking to get the remaining decisions out quickly.


So you would take GULC over Columbia?



I would have to at least think about it if they threw a big number at me. But no, probably not.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Zabini wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
Zabini wrote:lol this was interesting. There'd been no movement on my application since the initial 2/22 complete date, but I just got a call from the Director of Admissions inquiring about how interested I still was in GULC and whether or not I had committed anywhere else yet. I told her that I hadn't made any deposits yet but that I was in at Columbia and that it would probably take a pretty decent offer to pull me away from there, but that I was still interested. She mentioned that they were pretty strapped for cash and asked if I had a specific number ("like, say, 10,000 a year?") in mind that I was looking for "for when she went back to the committee."

So yeah, for anyone still waiting, they are apparently aware that deadlines are coming up and looking to get the remaining decisions out quickly.


So you would take GULC over Columbia?



I would have to at least think about it if they threw a big number at me. But no, probably not.


I was looking at the 10 grand number and was surprised that you were ever considering it. Did you try to get money fron Columbia?

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Emma1 wrote:I was looking at the 10 grand number and was surprised that you were ever considering it. Did you try to get money fron Columbia?


Ya, 10k a year would not be nearly enough to get me to think about GULC at this point. Still waiting to hear about $ from Columbia.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Good luck either way!

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks :D you too

User avatar
DuxBellorum
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby DuxBellorum » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:28 pm

just withdrew--i told them to give my spot to someone deserving, and im sure they read that to mean "we better give it to another TLSer..."

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dpk711 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Just withdrew. Released a six-figure scholarship for you guys as well. Good luck to all of you!

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Just got the "coy" we-can't-release-decisions-by-email-but-you're-gonna-be-happy-when-you-check-the-mail admitted student site email from them. Woot! Now show me the scholly money, boys.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13639
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Zabini wrote:Just got the "coy" we-can't-release-decisions-by-email-but-you're-gonna-be-happy-when-you-check-the-mail admitted student site email from them. Woot! Now show me the scholly money, boys.

So they're just messing with us with that last email? Were you SPWL, PWL, or WL?

Also, Congrats! :D

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Zabini wrote:Just got the "coy" we-can't-release-decisions-by-email-but-you're-gonna-be-happy-when-you-check-the-mail admitted student site email from them. Woot! Now show me the scholly money, boys.

So they're just messing with us with that last email? Were you SPWL, PWL, or WL?

Also, Congrats! :D


None of the above...besides the phone call I described earlier ITT, this was the first movement on my application since my initial complete date of 2/22.

Also, just got my scholly email, 45k. Definitely nice, but I don't imagine this will pull me away from Columbia. I suppose I've got a little while to make the decision tho.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Withdrew, gl everyone.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Just got this (On the regular non special non preferred why didnt they reject me waitlist)


Greetings from Georgetown. As we begin receiving our tuition
deposits, the Committee expects that we may have a small handful of
spaces in our full-time program. We have identified your
application as part of a small group that the Committee will be
reviewing. However, as deadlines loom, we are primarily interested
in offering these spaces to those who, if admitted, would plan to
enroll at Georgetown. To that end, it would be helpful to the
Committee if you could confirm your level of interest.

Are they giving money to people they let in off the WL?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Just withdrew, good luck all.

User avatar
BarnabeSpooge
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BarnabeSpooge » Tue May 03, 2011 10:22 am

Regretfully withdrew, returning six digits of scholarship back into the pool. I hope it leads to good opportunities for someone here.

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby xtine » Tue May 03, 2011 10:44 am

splitmuch wrote:Just got this (On the regular non special non preferred why didnt they reject me waitlist)


Greetings from Georgetown. As we begin receiving our tuition
deposits, the Committee expects that we may have a small handful of
spaces in our full-time program. We have identified your
application as part of a small group that the Committee will be
reviewing. However, as deadlines loom, we are primarily interested
in offering these spaces to those who, if admitted, would plan to
enroll at Georgetown. To that end, it would be helpful to the
Committee if you could confirm your level of interest.

Are they giving money to people they let in off the WL?


I got that email too! Super curious what comes of it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], christinaxcarrie, cyclawps, Google Adsense [Bot], JoshLyman13, Keilz, nightie, pandaaa, sovogue, wajdicm and 30 guests