GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mettasutta
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby mettasutta » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm

2nd complete date: 4/7 :?

cooper26
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cooper26 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Just withdrew my admission. Good luck everyone!

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

rocon7383 wrote:Haha I also like how you said "no" when I asked if it was possible. Of course it is "possible", however unlikely. I thought I was asking a rhetorical question.


That sounds dangerously like LSAT logic. :mrgreen:

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:Haha I also like how you said "no" when I asked if it was possible. Of course it is "possible", however unlikely. I thought I was asking a rhetorical question.


That sounds dangerously like LSAT logic. :mrgreen:


Guilty.

noona
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby noona » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm

columbia86 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?


no, because we initially updated to 4/6. They are probably satisfying the formalities needed to ding us tomorrow.


Sad as I am to say this, I think he's right. Mass decisions are usually associated with dings, while admits seem to trickle out on an individual basis. I browsed through some of the profiles of people updated to 4/6 and 4/7, and the stats aren't encouraging. It's almost as if an adcomm staffer scheduled all the ding emails to go out tomorrow and also decided to change the final status date to tomorrow, to save time & avoid having to come back to the same files again.

I hope I'm wrong, but if not, at least I had a night to brace myself at home. Would've been terrible to find out in the middle of a work/school day.

Good luck to everyone else out there.

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Just to throw a wrench into everything...My cornell status checker updated to 4/7 today as well...there might just be something wonky going on with the whole status checker system.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 pm

noona wrote:
columbia86 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?


no, because we initially updated to 4/6. They are probably satisfying the formalities needed to ding us tomorrow.


Sad as I am to say this, I think he's right. Mass decisions are usually associated with dings, while admits seem to trickle out on an individual basis. I browsed through some of the profiles of people updated to 4/6 and 4/7, and the stats aren't encouraging. It's almost as if an adcomm staffer scheduled all the ding emails to go out tomorrow and also decided to change the final status date to tomorrow, to save time & avoid having to come back to the same files again.


I hope I'm wrong, but if not, at least I had a night to brace myself at home. Would've been terrible to find out in the middle of a work/school day.

Good luck to everyone else out there.


I agree. However, I am wondering about one issue that I am uninformed about. Earlier in the cycle schools would send out mass(relatively) acceptances to students. I am unsure if Georgetown has already done this with any of its late applications. For example, does any one know of an applicant who has been accepted yet who applied in late February/early March?

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
I agree. However, I am wondering about one issue that I am uninformed about. Earlier in the cycle schools would send out mass(relatively) acceptances to students. I am unsure if Georgetown has already done this with any of its late applications. For example, does any one know of an applicant who has been accepted yet who applied in late February/early March?


Got SPWL with late feb. They got back to me by March 11.

User avatar
Light
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Light » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 am

I got in through the waitlist a couple days ago. :D

giantswin
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby giantswin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am

cooper26 wrote:Just withdrew my admission. Good luck everyone!


I withdrew my admission today as well. Good luck to everyone!

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:18 am

giantswin wrote:
cooper26 wrote:Just withdrew my admission. Good luck everyone!


I withdrew my admission today as well. Good luck to everyone!



Keep it up guys

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 am

When can us 4/7ers expect the ding email?

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

columbia86 wrote:When can us 4/7ers expect the ding email?



From LSN I think Im more likely headed for at least a WL so it may not be one mass ding. At least I'm hoping so. I dunno maybe my app sucked.

sargell83
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby sargell83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 pm

any news?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13565
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:25 pm

sargell83 wrote:any news?

Decisions usually don't go out until 4:30-5:00 pm eastern

avening1
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby avening1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:02 pm

does anyone know if all decisions are emailed at this point, or only WL/denials?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13565
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

avening1 wrote:does anyone know if all decisions are emailed at this point, or only WL/denials?

So far I think acceptances are still snail mail, but people who get off the wait list have been getting emails hinting at acceptance first.

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby NewIvy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Updated 4/5 and then last night to 4/7...

Just got the email: preferred waitlist.

The email asks to reply with interest level - should that be separate from my LOCI?
Last edited by NewIvy on Tue May 03, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

NewIvy wrote:Updated 4/5 and then last night to 4/7...

Just got the email: preferred waitlist.

The email asks to reply with interest level - should that be separate from my LOCI?


Woah, that's good news for you man. I see you have a 3.1, mind disclosing your LSAT? I'm a 3.2 166 myself.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Regular old non special no preferred WL. GD, I guess my PS sucked because I had two good recs and I don't think applying late could be the cause of all of this.

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby NewIvy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:34 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
NewIvy wrote:Updated 4/5 and then last night to 4/7...

Just got the email: preferred waitlist.

The email asks to reply with interest level - should that be separate from my LOCI?


Woah, that's good news for you man. I see you have a 3.1, mind disclosing your LSAT? I'm a 3.2 166 myself.

...
Last edited by NewIvy on Tue May 03, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby NewIvy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

"These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available."

I find that funny because I'm "only" on the preferred waiting list and not special referred. Have all the special preferred heard already??

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13565
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm

NewIvy wrote:"These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available."

I find that funny because I'm "only" on the preferred waiting list and not special referred. Have all the special preferred heard already??

No. a handful of people have gotten in off the SPWL over the last couple days. I believe a guy that said he was just preferred got in. I'm still hanging out SPWL 3/18

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby NewIvy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Flips88 wrote:
NewIvy wrote:"These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available."

I find that funny because I'm "only" on the preferred waiting list and not special referred. Have all the special preferred heard already??

No. a handful of people have gotten in off the SPWL over the last couple days. I believe a guy that said he was just preferred got in. I'm still hanging out SPWL 3/18

Okay, thanks.

If you don't mind saying, what have you done to show interest in terms of contact/LOCI/etc.?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13565
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 pm

NewIvy wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
NewIvy wrote:"These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available."

I find that funny because I'm "only" on the preferred waiting list and not special referred. Have all the special preferred heard already??

No. a handful of people have gotten in off the SPWL over the last couple days. I believe a guy that said he was just preferred got in. I'm still hanging out SPWL 3/18

Okay, thanks.

If you don't mind saying, what have you done to show interest in terms of contact/LOCI/etc.?

I did a brief email saying I would like to be on the list, then did a pretty thorough LOCI that updated my file/expressed my interest in GULC, then a couple weeks ago they sent an email asking people to reiterate their interest so I sent a decently long email reiterating my desire to attend GULC. Probably going to send another LOCI at the end of next week




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Chipotle85, cyclawps, fattsdomino, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, Keilz, trueblue92 and 35 guests