GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
afLSAT
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby afLSAT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Did anyone just receive fin aid. email? It says that I can find my MyAccess account links under the quick links tab on the ASW, but that isn't there...this is driving me nuts, I know my award is there but I have no way to see it...AHHHH!!!



when did you submit your info?

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

bmott wrote:Just updated :shock:
scared...


+1

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Just updated to 4/6. Other two updates, how do you feel your numbers stack up for GULC?

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:29 pm

splitmuch wrote:Just updated to 4/6. Other two updates, how do you feel your numbers stack up for GULC?


Given that they are already accepting WL'ed applicants, I'm not too optimistic.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 pm

columbia86 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Just updated to 4/6. Other two updates, how do you feel your numbers stack up for GULC?


Given that they are already accepting WL'ed applicants, I'm not too optimistic.



True, but they have also rejected people who applied well after. I think it may be a WL batch, I'll hold out hope for an admit though.

avening1
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby avening1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 pm

updated 4/6 too. did you all apply to both evening and day divisions? when did you submit and receive first complete notice? also anyone know if all decision types will be snail-mailed?

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ktg808 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm

columbia86 wrote:
bmott wrote:Just updated :shock:
scared...


+1



+2! But I called the admissions office not too long ago and asked them when I could expect a decision on my file.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm

I applied Part-Time

noona
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby noona » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

avening1 wrote:updated 4/6 too. did you all apply to both evening and day divisions? when did you submit and receive first complete notice? also anyone know if all decision types will be snail-mailed?


I updated to 4/6 too. Submitted app on 2/1, completed ~2/8 and 3/8. Part time only.

I called the admissions office earlier this week to ask when I'd get a decision. They said my file indicated I'm slated to get a decision by 4/15, since I submitted before 3/1.

Good luck everyone.

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ktg808 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Umm....now my status checker says 4/7.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

ktg808 wrote:Umm....now my status checker says 4/7.

+1

noona
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby noona » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

ktg808 wrote:Umm....now my status checker says 4/7.


me too!

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 pm

splitmuch wrote:
ktg808 wrote:Umm....now my status checker says 4/7.

+1


+1

avening1
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby avening1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 pm

same here. odd.

mabad
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby mabad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

?!?!?!
I've been following this thread for a while, but never posted anything because I never felt like I had much news to provide you with..HOWEVERRR...My status checker just updated to 4/7..one day in advance: crazy..or expecting to hear tomorrow maybe?!? This time i'll keep u guys posted haha

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Zabini » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm

bah! all these updates keep making me excited to run and look at my own...still stuck on 2/22. sigh.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm

3/21--> 4/7... gulp.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Anyone have any ideas on the implications of our shared updates?

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

columbia86 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on the implications of our shared updates?



I've never seen the preemptive update, haha. And while my expectations are negative based on my own reach stats, I think this is probably indicative of a mass decision. Which I usually associate with ding emails.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:44 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
columbia86 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on the implications of our shared updates?



I've never seen the preemptive update, haha. And while my expectations are negative based on my own reach stats, I think this is probably indicative of a mass decision. Which I usually associate with ding emails.


Yep. Mass decision does not bode well. Looks like no T14 for me.

bmott
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bmott » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:52 pm

went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:09 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?


no, because we initially updated to 4/6. They are probably satisfying the formalities needed to ding us tomorrow.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:27 pm

columbia86 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?


no, because we initially updated to 4/6. They are probably satisfying the formalities needed to ding us tomorrow.


yeah, i know. Read my comment again. I said they could have put 4/6, thought: "oh shit its 4/7", and changed it. Never underestimate human error!

Haha I also like how you said "no" when I asked if it was possible. Of course it is "possible", however unlikely. I thought I was asking a rhetorical question.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:30 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
columbia86 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
bmott wrote:went from 4/6 to 4/7 too !


couldn't it be possible that someone in the admissions office thinks today is 4/7 and they made a mistake by putting 4/6?


no, because we initially updated to 4/6. They are probably satisfying the formalities needed to ding us tomorrow.


yeah, i know. Read my comment again. I said they could have put 4/6, thought: "oh shit its 4/7", and changed it. Never underestimate human error!

Haha I also like how you said "no" when I asked if it was possible. Of course it is "possible", however unlikely. I thought I was asking a rhetorical question.


LOL. Point taken.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, dreamer_13, nslaw123, rationalhound, Snowjon and 14 guests