GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bbermud

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bbermud » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
bbermud wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
bbermud wrote:2/3 complete------) 3/16 complete. thoughts on what that could mean??? why am i not UR, yet? youre killing me here, GULC.

GT doesn't have a UR status. As long as you are complete, assume you are UR. I was also 2/3->3/16.

i see youve changed ur chicken Obama picture since the december thread. lol.

Haha, you like?

while i dont approve of blatent racism, i guess a smoking baby could be considered a better pic. nope. actually, they both kinda suck.

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

bbermud wrote:2/3 complete------) 3/16 complete. thoughts on what that could mean??? why am i not UR, yet? youre killing me here, GULC.

There's no UR for GULC, your 2nd complete is an intended UR

holachca385

Postby holachca385 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Just became complete (again) today as well, 3/16 from 2/16... so nervous! No ding yet though!

noona

Postby noona » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm

holachca385 wrote:

Just became complete (again) today as well, 3/16 from 2/16... no nervous! No ding yet though!

Keep calm and carry on, everyone. Best of luck to you all.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 pm

I naively thought my cycle would be over by Spring Break :lol:
I'm riding this out til the bitter end...

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:42 pm

bbermud wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
bbermud wrote:i see youve changed ur chicken Obama picture since the december thread. lol.

Haha, you like?

while i dont approve of blatent racism, i guess a smoking baby could be considered a better pic. nope. actually, they both kinda suck.

Like anyone wants or needs your approval.

--ImageRemoved--

noona

Postby noona » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:Is it irrational to be afraid of trying to generate a password via the Admitted Students website? I have this inkling that they'll see I checked it and balk and my presumptuousness. But that's just me.

And in that case, I hope I don't get any emails...

Others in this forum have commented that ASW doesn't update until after 5-6pm or so. So if you check once during the day, there's no point checking until later that night. But that hasn't stopped people from obsessively checking that site. I don't think it's presumptuous; it's one of the few ways of getting any information (a loophole, really) and of course people on this forum are going to be anxiously checking it.

Also, I doubt that their IT people are keeping the admissions office continually updated on who all is obsessively checking. Unless you write a program that crashes their server or something like that.

afLSAT

Postby afLSAT » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 pm

noona wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:Is it irrational to be afraid of trying to generate a password via the Admitted Students website? I have this inkling that they'll see I checked it and balk and my presumptuousness. But that's just me.

Others in this forum have commented that ASW doesn't update until after 5-6pm or so. So if you check once during the day, there's no point checking until later that night.

With regard to that, I interviewed 3/10 and updated to COMPLETE on that day.

Just reupdated to COMPLETE 3/16, and couldn't generate an ASW password. . .

But this information is a little reassuring, at least; I guess I'll start checking after 5 or 6.

If I can't get generate an ASW password tonight, should I assume that I'm screwed?

gonediving128

Postby gonediving128 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:22 pm

I interviewed on 3/7 and am still sitting at 2/17 complete. Anyone have a similar experience? Trying to gauge how quickly things move (or don't move) after an alumni interview..

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 pm

afLSAT wrote:
noona wrote:

Others in this forum have commented that ASW doesn't update until after 5-6pm or so. So if you check once during the day, there's no point checking until later that night.

But this information is a little reassuring, at least; I guess I'll start checking after 5 or 6.

If I can't get generate an ASW password tonight, should I assume that I'm screwed?

No. You might get a WL/rejection email sometime before 5:30 today, or ~3-5 days from now. You may also have to just wait for another complete date (or dates) before they make a decision. The number of complete dates vary greatly for people.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

afLSAT wrote:
noona wrote:

Hey, at least you got an interview...

noona

Postby noona » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Magnolia wrote:
afLSAT wrote:
noona wrote:

No. You might get a WL/rejection email sometime before 5:30 today, or ~3-5 days from now. You may also have to just wait for another complete date (or dates) before they make a decision. The number of complete dates vary greatly for people.

I have to second that - you're not screwed if you can't generate a password tonight. I've read elsewhere of people who couldn't generate a password until a few days after their last status update and ultimately got in. I assume that there's a major human element involved in updating the data in GULC's computers, putting that online, etc. What if your folder is on someone's desk and s/he had to go home early today? There's really no way to tell. Stay positive - you're powerless over this process and there's no point in making yourself feel bad until there's real info.

afLSAT

Postby afLSAT » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

noona wrote:I have to second that - you're not screwed if you can't generate a password tonight. I've read elsewhere of people who couldn't generate a password until a few days after their last status update and ultimately got in. I assume that there's a major human element involved in updating the data in GULC's computers, putting that online, etc. What if your folder is on someone's desk and s/he had to go home early today? There's really no way to tell. Stay positive - you're powerless over this process and there's no point in making yourself feel bad until there's real info.

Thanks for the info, yall . . . and good luck to everyone. I think the interview went well, though I was afraid that I didn't seem enthusiastic enough about the school. I guess I'll find out soon . . .

lfp

Postby lfp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 pm

18 more minutes... Anyone hear anything today?

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Any 3/16's get access to ASW or an email?

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Complete 3/16. Just tried and couldn't generate password. But, on the plus side, no ding email!

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 am

I'm still complete at 3/8, no e-mail, no ASW, no interview. It's at least my third complete since I applied in January - not sure what to make of it, really.

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:Complete 3/16. Just tried and couldn't generate password. But, on the plus side, no ding email!

Same here, and 3/16 has to be like my 5th or 6th complete date. Some people have said it can take a few days to get access to the ASW so maybe thats the case? or maybe they haven't made decisions on us yet? either way I'm thankful for no ding!

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am

I was in that first batch to use the ASW site. I wasn't able to generate a password til 10pm on the day of my last update. Then I got all excited and an hour later I couldn't log in anymore. I was sick for 5 days until I got the actual later in the mail.

Also, I was in that first interview batch back in November. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I'll most likely be at GTown in the fall, good luck!

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am

Yeah, still couldn't get onto ASW. 3/16 was only my second Complete date, though, so as long as there are no ding emails I'm happy

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Are people getting scholly offers yet? Mail or e-mail?

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:Yeah, still couldn't get onto ASW. 3/16 was only my second Complete date, though, so as long as there are no ding emails I'm happy

ditto. if we are outright rejects, would GULC take this long to get back to us? submitted over two months ago...

champsound

Postby champsound » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 am

tipler4213 wrote:Are people getting scholly offers yet? Mail or e-mail?

Yes, started about 2-3 weeks ago. First they email you about being selected by a committee or something and ask "are you are interested in getting a merit scholarship?" Then you reply to the email saying "yeah, duh." Then they email back saying "okay here's some money have fun, bye."

backtothebeat

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 am

just got back from my individual interview. the guy interviewing me was the coolest dude of all time. really laid back. pm me if you wanna know specifics and whatnot

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am

champsound wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Are people getting scholly offers yet? Mail or e-mail?

Yes, started about 2-3 weeks ago. First they email you about being selected by a committee or something and ask "are you are interested in getting a merit scholarship?" Then you reply to the email saying "yeah, duh." Then they email back saying "okay here's some money have fun, bye."

Hmm, but this sounds like it occured before the yellow form. I got the e-mail saying it was time for me to submit that, and did a couple of days later. I am taking this as a "I am not getting much/any money" sign.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”