GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
splitmuch

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby splitmuch » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:49 pm

bbermud wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
uncertaintyprinciple wrote:Still 2/3 too...

My theory is that we're all borderline applicants somehow. They want to wait until their extra apps come in (deadline extended according to their website) and evaluate us against the new applicants with (presumably) Feb lsat scores.

I'm a splitter so that could fit.

I dunno about that. My numbers suck and I am not a splitter. I wish they would just pull the bandaid off already. The wait is killing me!

Hey there's obviously something they like if you avoided the WLs and rejects so far. Keep the hope!

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Isn't a wave of dings usually followed by a wave of admits later in the week?

noncontributingzero

Postby noncontributingzero » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:Isn't a wave of dings usually followed by a wave of admits later in the week?

Yes please!

noona

Postby noona » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:30 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:so, i just looked back through this forum...

looks like a really similar cycle happened Friday, February 11. A bunch of ppl got various WL e-mails at around 4:30. Just like on Friday, March 11. Then, on the Monday the 14th at around 11:45 am--a bunch of people got ding e-mails. That night a bunch of people got access to ASW.

So I'm thinking that a lot of ppl who updated Mon/Tues/Wed of last week and didn't get the WL e-mail that came out Friday at 4:30 will either get a ding e-mail Monday around noon or access to ASW Monday night. good luck to everyone!

Given this clue, I looked at the forum posts dated the week after Friday, Feb. 11. A bunch of people were dinged that following Monday; later that same night (from around 6pm to as late as 10pm), a bunch of people generated a password on the ASW. I didn't see any more dings/admits posted for the rest of the week.

During the week after that, the people who generated a password did so on Tuesday and Wednesday. (Dings again came in on Monday.) So, the admissions office isn't updating the ASW on a strict schedule. If you don't generate a password tonight, you might still generate one later in the week. If you're rejected, the pattern suggests you won't hear anything until next Monday, although it's getting so late in the cycle that this timeline might no longer be valid.

BTW, I feel like I'm doing a big LSAT game or a really frustrating puzzle putting together these snippets of info...

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:37 pm

And those with no updates since January? Worth checking the ASW tonight? And does a wave of dings usually signal a wave of admits to follow?

grayfoxx13

Postby grayfoxx13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Everyone be sure to check your spam folder, that's where my ding was :(

Good luck to everyone else.

SickD

Postby SickD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 am

Anyone know if GULC has had any WL movement yet? Acceptances off it or releases?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 am

There is a GULC waitlist thread where two people from the special preferred list have reported they were accepted.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Damn, still sitting at complete. Any chance of some admits this week?

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

can i not fill out the yellow form (for financial aid) until i have been accepted...? it says its only on the admitted students website and i dont have access to that yet...

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 pm

I applied in late January and got my third complete date on 3/8 - no ding e-mail or ASW access yet. Never had an interview request.
I'm a weak splitter and GULC is a major reach for me. Are they just toying with me or what? :lol:
Anyone else updated last week still standing with no word yet?

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:40 pm

did they give out the scholarship waitlists before the actual scholarships?

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am

SC just updated to complete 3/16, anyone else?

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 am

n_gal wrote:SC just updated to complete 3/16, anyone else?

Yup. Scared.

lfp

Postby lfp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:44 am

AHHH me too! After five updates and then sitting at 2/16, here we go again... AAAAHHHH. PLEASE Georgetown, let me stay in this city that I love so much...

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 am

lfp wrote:AHHH me too! After five updates and then sitting at 2/16, here we go again... AAAAHHHH. PLEASE Georgetown, let me stay in this city that I love so much...

I don't know what number update I'm at but its been quite a few for me too, someone suggested that because there was a wave of dings/WL's late last week there would likely be a wave of acceptances this week so fingers crossed!

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 am

+1

I am now officially afraid of my e-mail for the rest of the day.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am

Me. Complete 1/28----> Complete 3/16.

Applied 2 weeks earlier than a friend who got waitlisted 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking that this might be a good sign for us right? If there was just a wave of dings, maybe this'll be a wave of admits? Oh optimism...

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:52 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:

+1

I am now officially afraid of my e-mail for the rest of the day.

Way I see it is, if they wanted to ding us, why didn't they do so Monday?

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:

Applied 2 weeks earlier than a friend who got waitlisted 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking that this might be a good sign for us right? If there was just a wave of dings, maybe this'll be a wave of admits? Oh optimism...

Thats what I was thinking as well but I hate to get my hopes up just to be disappointed. That has been the trend though so its not totally unrealistic, right? :?

beachviolet11

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 am

and......still 2/3

lfp

Postby lfp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm

n_gal wrote:

Thats what I was thinking as well but I hate to get my hopes up just to be disappointed. That has been the trend though so its not totally unrealistic, right? :?

Poll: how many of us who updated today are FT/PT? I only applied PT, and after 5 updates and nothing, I'm thinking they held my application until after the deadline to see if they got anyone better...

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 pm

lfp wrote:Poll: how many of us who updated today are FT/PT? I only applied PT, and after 5 updates and nothing, I'm thinking they held my application until after the deadline to see if they got anyone better...

I only applied FT, though I'm suddenly wishing I had checked both boxes. :(

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 pm

lfp wrote:
n_gal wrote:

Poll: how many of us who updated today are FT/PT? I only applied PT, and after 5 updates and nothing, I'm thinking they held my application until after the deadline to see if they got anyone better...

I ED to both FT&PT but I'm 99.99999% positive if I get in it will be to the PT program

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Applied FT. Dunno what I would do with the rest of my time. I wouldn't mind either working or school straight out of undergrad, but both? Not yet for me. If I worked in DC though, totally.

But yeah, seriously--if they wanted to waitlist us why didn't they do so Monday? Even if they're eventually going to ding us (gulp, hope not), why today? I certainly hope that an update right after a wave of dings points to a positive decision either today or this week but who knows.

Also, I talked to some people I know here. Seems a lot of people got decisions w/o review dates, just complete dates. I think chances of getting a decision on one of your "Complete" update days are high but who knows?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”