GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bbermud

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 pm

whats the typical turnaround for GULC? they've had my app. for just over two months now. if they rendered a decision for robotclubmember in less than two weeks, than im thinking thats probably not good for me....

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 pm

bbermud wrote:whats the typical turnaround for GULC? they've had my app. for just over two months now. if they rendered a decision for robotclubmember in less than two weeks, than im thinking thats probably not good for me....

No, you're fine. It means they didn't read my app and mindlessly shuffled it into a pile on the basis of numbers only. They might actually be reviewing yours.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm

bbermud wrote:whats the typical turnaround for GULC? they've had my app. for just over two months now. if they rendered a decision for robotclubmember in less than two weeks, than im thinking thats probably not good for me....

I submitted on 1/14, got my decision via email today.

Separate question: has anyone applied to both the FT and PT programs and been WLed without hearing which one they chose you for? My status checker still says "Both"

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I submitted on 1/14, got my decision via email today.

Separate question: has anyone applied to both the FT and PT programs and been WLed without hearing which one they chose you for? My status checker still says "Both"

Based on last year's WL thread, they don't choose one of the programs for you until they're prepared to pull you from the WL. It'll depend on which program has availability when that time comes.

shnoop

Postby shnoop » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

splitmuch wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone in the 2/3 group received an interview request?

No, which confuses me.

I had a group interview and am part of the 2/3 batch

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:49 am

speedyj88 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:preferred waitlist.

sorry to hear :( . no email, no access to asw. i feel left in the dark right now.

Me too - updated 3/8 and no news yet. It was maybe my third update, but first since February.
I guess no news may be good news at least for now?

noona

Postby noona » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 am

If you've been admitted and you're trying to figure out where you might live if you come to DC, I thought you might want to noodle around here: http://www.myapartmentmap.com/map/dc/washington/ (In the lower left hand corner, type in the GULC address to zoom in.) That website lists the nearby apartment properties.

This website -- http://www.padmapper.com/ -- maps the nearby craigslist postings. I think you can find a much better deal on craigslist, by the way. One strategy you can try is to find a very short-term rental (a few weeks) you can test out while you look for better/permanent housing via craigslist. Great finds get snapped up very quickly, so you really do have to look in person.

Note: there's a grocery store (Safeway) at 490 L St NW, which is a short walk from GULC.

I'm passing along those links because I still haven't heard from the Admissions office and I'm trying to spend my time online constructively by being helpful to the other posters here. (I already live in DC.)

afLSAT

Postby afLSAT » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:05 am

Has anyone here who had an individual subsequently received a decision?

If so, how long was the elapsed time between interview and decision?

If not, how long have you been waiting post-interview?

Thanks!

georges2

Postby georges2 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:47 am

Any rejection e-mails on this friday?

grayfoxx13

Postby grayfoxx13 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 am

robotclubmember wrote:

No, you're fine. It means they didn't read my app and mindlessly shuffled it into a pile on the basis of numbers only. They might actually be reviewing yours.

You are mad that a school got back to you quickly? Hundreds if not thousands have to wait months to be auto WL or rejected.

protein

Postby protein » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 am

2/18

Just had my individual interview last week. I think it went very well.

Anyone know how long it might take after the interview for a decision?

aph4law

Postby aph4law » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Got a preferred waitlist email yesterday about 5:30 EST. I was a 3/7 update. Applied to GULC 1/10/11. 3.4/172. I've been waitlisted at almost every school I applied to. Must be the cost of taking the December LSAT.

Georgetown is still my #1 choice, so I'm crossing my fingers that the WL will move.

Good luck everyone!

antonin

Postby antonin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm

aph4law wrote:Got a preferred waitlist email yesterday about 5:30 EST. I was a 3/7 update. Applied to GULC 1/10/11. 3.4/172. I've been waitlisted at almost every school I applied to. Must be the cost of taking the December LSAT.

Georgetown is still my #1 choice, so I'm crossing my fingers that the WL will move.

Good luck everyone!

I have also been WL at all the t14 schools. This circle has been bizarre on splitters. I have lower GPA but higher LSAT than you.

FalafelWaffle

Postby FalafelWaffle » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Complete 1/28 and no interview offer...bad sign? Then again, friend who applied later than me got waitlisted 2 weeks ago, so I guess if they really hated me I'd be out be now...gahhh

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 am

so, i just looked back through this forum...

looks like a really similar cycle happened Friday, February 11. A bunch of ppl got various WL e-mails at around 4:30. Just like on Friday, March 11. Then, on the Monday the 14th at around 11:45 am--a bunch of people got ding e-mails. That night a bunch of people got access to ASW.

So I'm thinking that a lot of ppl who updated Mon/Tues/Wed of last week and didn't get the WL e-mail that came out Friday at 4:30 will either get a ding e-mail Monday around noon or access to ASW Monday night. good luck to everyone!

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 am

bluecanary622 wrote:so, i just looked back through this forum...

looks like a really similar cycle happened Friday, February 11. A bunch of ppl got various WL e-mails at around 4:30. Just like on Friday, March 11. Then, on the Monday the 14th at around 11:45 am--a bunch of people got ding e-mails. That night a bunch of people got access to ASW.

So I'm thinking that a lot of ppl who updated Mon/Tues/Wed of last week and didn't get the WL e-mail that came out Friday at 4:30 will either get a ding e-mail Monday around noon or access to ASW Monday night. good luck to everyone!

Oh man. So, I'll probably get my ding e-mail on Monday. I got updated on 3/8 with no word since. Ah, it was a good run. I couldn't figure out why I was still standing with my numbers.

beachviolet11

Postby beachviolet11 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 am

and the 2/3 ppl will sit quietly lol

ashleyre

Postby ashleyre » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:39 am

Does anyone know the usual turn around time between an interview and a decision? Also why do some people have group interviews and others individual interviews?

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Lawst wrote:

Oh man. So, I'll probably get my ding e-mail on Monday. I got updated on 3/8 with no word since. Ah, it was a good run. I couldn't figure out why I was still standing with my numbers.

+1

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Based on last year's stats, it looks like a fairly large wave of acceptances off of the WL will happen this week. Here's to hoping I'm one of them!

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:43 pm

If I'm WL and sending a LOCI, should I send it to admissions or directly to Dean Cornblatt?

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:45 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:If I'm WL and sending a LOCI, should I send it to admissions or directly to Dean Cornblatt?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27169

holachca385

Postby holachca385 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Quick question (though I'm sure it's been answered) - is an interview necessary for admission or just random? Also, is there a difference in 'meaning' behind the group interviews/one-on-one? Getting so nervous!

Also for stats sake: Applied 1/10, UR since 2/16 with no changes. 169/3.6 engineer with pretty decent softs and WE. Here's to hoping!

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

holachca385 wrote:Quick question (though I'm sure it's been answered) - is an interview necessary for admission or just random?

From what Dean Cornblatt told us in my group interview is that an interview is neither necessary for admission nor random. The people he interviews are not auto-rejects or auto-admits. Also, just because you were not interviewed does not mean you were either an auto-reject or an auto-admit. So, although the interviews are not actually random, you might as well treat them as if they were.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:02 pm

cmaas wrote:Based on last year's stats, it looks like a fairly large wave of acceptances off of the WL will happen this week. Here's to hoping I'm one of them!

Indeed.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”