GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
artemis178

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby artemis178 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 pm

It has been a surprisingly quiet day generally across the board for a Friday in the middle of March. No decisions from Chicago and very little movement from GULC (I'm also 2/3 with no news). I wonder if the admission offices everywhere are a little behind? It seems like we should have seen some major waves this week (I guess there was the deluge of wait-lists from Duke yesterday), but otherwise it's been pretty sleepy. That either means that decisions will continue to trickle out for the next six weeks must or that next week is going to be a big week.

antonin

Postby antonin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:16 pm

LSATurday wrote:Normal waitlist, last update 3/7.
I guess the interviewer claiming he was going to recommend me was either a lie, or unimportant.

Boo. Chances at a T-14 are slim to none at this point.

I am sorry to hear that. Our numbers are almost the same and I also have no t-14 acceptances. The normal waitlist surprises me though, I would expect the special one....
My cycle in the T-14 so far is all waitlists/held, no acceptances or rejections.

antonin

Postby antonin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:17 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:ahhh, ok--thank you all! I guess i'll be refreshing over and over until 5:30... and then calling back on Monday if I haven't heard anything. so stressful!

Calling back on Monday might be slightly too much imho.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:17 pm

antonin wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:ahhh, ok--thank you all! I guess i'll be refreshing over and over until 5:30... and then calling back on Monday if I haven't heard anything. so stressful!

Agree.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm

preferred waitlist.

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:24 pm

splitmuch wrote:
antonin wrote:

Agree.

aww ok. well, i guess i won't. i just don't get why she would say i would be getting my decision today.. blah.

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:preferred waitlist.

sorry to hear :( . no email, no access to asw. i feel left in the dark right now.

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Is anyone getting rejections? I feel like I haven't heard any rejections from ppl waiting.. those come via e-mail too, right?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Regular waitlist as of 3/11

:shock:

I should have been denied. 2.44/167 URM. Chalk this one up as a win!!

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:27 pm

I got put on preferred waitlist today. I submitted by app literally two weeks ago. Sent out my first wave of apps on the last week of January, but since I only applied to 5 schools, I sent one last freakout app to GULC last week of Feb.

I've heard back from two schools so far, in at Northwestern, wl'ed at GULC. I think it's ridiculous they only had it two weeks. There is no way they gave my app an honest read. I feel swindled to be honest. I know I submitted late but it was still a strong app. Anyway, not planning on riding it out. I'm not offended I got wl'ed, I'm just offended at how obvious it is they didn't really give my app an honest review. I'm a CPA and was genuinely interested in their tax LLM, they could have at least waited a little longer to make it less transparent they didn't really look at my app.
Last edited by robotclubmember on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

robotclubmember wrote:I got put on preferred waitlist today. I submitted by app literally two weeks ago. Sent out my first wave of apps on the last week of January, but since I only applied to 5 schools, I sent one last freakout app to GULC last week of Feb.

I've heard back from two schools so far, in at Northwestern, wl'ed at GULC. I think it's ridiculous they only had it two weeks. There is no way they gave my app an honest read. I feel swindled to be honest. They should have waited longer to make it less transparent that they hadn't really reviewed my app. I know I submitted late but it was still a strong app. Anyway, not planning on riding it out. I'm not offended I got wl'ed, I'm just offended at how obvious it is they didn't really give my app an honest review. It's a diploma mill anyway.

dude, i would kill to be WL.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:30 pm

bbermud wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:I got put on preferred waitlist today. I submitted by app literally two weeks ago. Sent out my first wave of apps on the last week of January, but since I only applied to 5 schools, I sent one last freakout app to GULC last week of Feb.

I've heard back from two schools so far, in at Northwestern, wl'ed at GULC. I think it's ridiculous they only had it two weeks. There is no way they gave my app an honest read. I feel swindled to be honest. They should have waited longer to make it less transparent that they hadn't really reviewed my app. I know I submitted late but it was still a strong app. Anyway, not planning on riding it out. I'm not offended I got wl'ed, I'm just offended at how obvious it is they didn't really give my app an honest review. It's a diploma mill anyway.

Dont feed the troll. He was only going to apply to 5 schools, already in at NW, and gave one last minute "freakout" app to GT? Sounds like he has the numbers that its YP and he is looking for someone to reassure him of that.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:32 pm

splitmuch wrote:
bbermud wrote:

Dont feed the troll. He was only going to apply to 5 schools, already in at NW, and gave one last minute "freakout" app to GT? Sounds like he has the numbers that its YP and he is looking for someone to reassure him of that.

so true. i remember him now from the december LSAT thread. troll. troll, indeed.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

splitmuch wrote:

Not a troll dude, haha. I found out about NU last week, after I submitted to GULC. I'm only 171/3.6. It's not YP. I was interested in GULC for real because I'm a CPA and their tax program is strong. I don't think my app was strong because of numbers. But considering the speed of the turnaround, I think they didn't dig any deeper than the numbers. There's no way two weeks was sufficient time to give my app an honest review. If they wl'ed me after 4 weeks, I'd have been like "cool," but now I'm like "not cool, GULC" lol.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

bbermud wrote:so true. i remember him now from the december LSAT thread. troll. troll, indeed.

Hey now. I brought the lols to that thread. I may be a clown but I'm still a real android with an advanced neural network and a fully functional emotion chip.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

bbermud wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
bbermud wrote:

so true. i remember him now from the december LSAT thread. troll. troll, indeed.

Yea I had typed up d*ckish rant in response but thought I wouldn't let my bad mood (thanks NW) spoil the thread. But I'd love to go to this "diploma mill"

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:39 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

Not a troll dude, haha. I found out about NU last week, after I submitted to GULC. I'm only 171/3.6. It's not YP. I was interested in GULC for real because I'm a CPA and their tax program is strong. I don't think my app was strong because of numbers. But considering the speed of the turnaround, I think they didn't dig any deeper than the numbers. There's no way two weeks was sufficient time to give my app an honest review. If they wl'ed me after 4 weeks, I'd have been like "cool," but now I'm like "not cool, GULC" lol.

Well sorry if I'm wrong. In a crappy mood and, depsite a 178 GULC looks like my last shot at T14 so im very touchy at the moment.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:39 pm

dude, i would kill to be WL.[/quote]

Dont feed the troll. He was only going to apply to 5 schools, already in at NW, and gave one last minute "freakout" app to GT? Sounds like he has the numbers that its YP and he is looking for someone to reassure him of that.[/quote]

so true. i remember him now from the december LSAT thread. troll. troll, indeed.[/quote]

Yea I had typed up d*ckish rant in response but thought I wouldn't let my bad mood (thanks NW) spoil the thread. But I'd love to go to this "diploma mill"[/quote]

yeah. get off the WL and give other people a shot who do want to attend the "diploma mill"

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:41 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

If you want to trash talk the school, take it to the ding bar. Don't shit all over this thread for the people who are still waiting for a decision.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:41 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Yea I had typed up d*ckish rant in response but thought I wouldn't let my bad mood (thanks NW) spoil the thread. But I'd love to go to this "diploma mill"

To be fair, I edited that out immediately after I posted it, it just got caught in a quote. I'd have considered GULC as honest competition to NU. It's a good school with a program that is specific to my interest. I was just pissed since it's obvious they didn't read my app, they just looked at the numbers and shuffled it in a pile. I understand that that happens when you apply late, and I should have applied earlier, but still, you'd be pissed too.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Magnolia wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

If you want to trash talk the school, take it to the ding bar. Don't shit all over this thread for the people who are still waiting for a decision.

+1

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Magnolia wrote:If you want to trash talk the school, take it to the ding bar. Don't shit all over this thread for the people who are still waiting for a decision.

I'm preferred waitlist, technically I'm waiting.

I just read the e-mail so my initial reaction was to be pissed just because of the timing. But I guess it's not a big deal, I did apply late. Nvm lol.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:44 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

To be fair, I edited that out immediately after I posted it, it just got caught in a quote. I'd have considered GULC as honest competition to NU. It's a good school with a program that is specific to my interest. I was just pissed since it's obvious they didn't read my app, they just looked at the numbers and shuffled it in a pile. I understand that that happens when you apply late, and I should have applied earlier, but still, you'd be pissed too.

I'm pretty sure that everyone employed in the GULC admissions office has a literacy level that would allow them to read the entirety of your application in less than 2 weeks.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:44 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Magnolia wrote:If you want to trash talk the school, take it to the ding bar. Don't shit all over this thread for the people who are still waiting for a decision.

I just read the e-mail so my initial reaction was to be pissed just because of the timing. But I guess it's not a big deal, I did apply late. Nvm lol.

I take it all back. By all means be pissed at GULC. And Please withdraw accordingly ;)

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:46 pm

robotclubmember wrote:

I get that you're pissed. Being WLed sucks. That's what the ding bar is for.

And when you've gotten that out of your system, join the rest of us WLers in the GULC WL thread.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”