GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ash8309

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ash8309 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:i just called and some e-mails are going to be coming out today (so i guess that means ding/wl) uhg. good luck to everyone!

Does email mean WL/ding? Admits only snail mail?

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

ash8309 wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:i just called and some e-mails are going to be coming out today (so i guess that means ding/wl) uhg. good luck to everyone!

yep, i think so. i haven't heard of any email admits.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:

so if ive been complete as of 2/3, can i assume i wont be in this batch of emails/snail mails because i havent been given the status of IR yet....

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:28 pm

bbermud wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:

so if ive been complete as of 2/3, can i assume i wont be in this batch of emails/snail mails because i havent been given the status of IR yet....

There is no IR status for GULC. You remain at completed but the date will update. If your completed date updates today, you may (or may not) get a decision. If you don't update today, you'll have to wait until you do.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:31 pm

bbermud wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:

I don't think it ever switches to "IR" its just different complete dates. I'm in the 2/3 group too. My initial thought is my numbers should get me in (I'm a splitter but no one with an LSAT as high has not been accepted and people with lower on both have been admitted) plus I have WE and a good rec, so I'm wondering how the other 2/3ers feel about your prospects? I.E. is it maybe a good group to be in?

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm

so if ive been complete as of 2/3, can i assume i wont be in this batch of emails/snail mails because i havent been given the status of IR yet....[/quote]

I don't think it ever switches to "IR" its just different complete dates. I'm in the 2/3 group too. My initial thought is my numbers should get me in (I'm a splitter but no one with an LSAT as high has not been accepted and people with lower on both have been admitted) plus I have WE and a good rec, so I'm wondering how the other 2/3ers feel about your prospects? I.E. is it maybe a good group to be in?[/quote]

im an anomaly and GULC is a superreach for me. 153/3.73 but with excellent softs.(got me a hold at northwestern) so im expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:37 pm

bbermud wrote:so if ive been complete as of 2/3, can i assume i wont be in this batch of emails/snail mails because i havent been given the status of IR yet....

I don't think it ever switches to "IR" its just different complete dates. I'm in the 2/3 group too. My initial thought is my numbers should get me in (I'm a splitter but no one with an LSAT as high has not been accepted and people with lower on both have been admitted) plus I have WE and a good rec, so I'm wondering how the other 2/3ers feel about your prospects? I.E. is it maybe a good group to be in?[/quote]

im an anomaly and GULC is a superreach for me. 153/3.73 but with excellent softs.(got me a hold at northwestern) so im expecting the worst but hoping for the best.[/quote]

This makes me thinking maybe were being "held" without being held. I.E. they see stuff they like but can't commit because theres something (GPA for me LSAT for you) they have concerns about. Wish you the best!

beachviolet11

Postby beachviolet11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm

have any of the 2/3s updated today? i havent...but i think last time (aka 2/3) i was updated by noon. so maybe safe another day?

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:have any of the 2/3s updated today? i havent...but i think last time (aka 2/3) i was updated by noon. so maybe safe another day?

I have not

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:have any of the 2/3s updated today? i havent...but i think last time (aka 2/3) i was updated by noon. so maybe safe another day?

2/3 here. no updates today.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

splitmuch wrote:I don't think it ever switches to "IR" its just different complete dates. I'm in the 2/3 group too. My initial thought is my numbers should get me in (I'm a splitter but no one with an LSAT as high has not been accepted and people with lower on both have been admitted) plus I have WE and a good rec, so I'm wondering how the other 2/3ers feel about your prospects? I.E. is it maybe a good group to be in?

2/3 here. Honestly, I don't feel great about my prospects. I do have decent WE/softs, but my #s are below both medians (3.6/168). No idea how this fits in with the group though.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Has anyone in the 2/3 group received an interview request?

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone in the 2/3 group received an interview request?

No, which confuses me.

danparkuss

Postby danparkuss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

i had an interview request.... (2/3 complete)

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:45 pm

still unable to generate a password (completed 3/7). i'm thinking this is looking like a waitlist right about now.

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

speedyj88 wrote:still unable to generate a password (completed 3/7). i'm thinking this is looking like a waitlist right about now.

meeeeee toooooo. i'm thinking an e-mail at around 4:30. guess we'll see.

noona

Postby noona » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Has anyone seen their status date change and/or received ding emails?

This post from April 2010 - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93082&start=7700 - says:

"The info that I know is that most ding emails come either immediately after the dr or the recent trend has been the day after at 2:45 eastern time. This is the same with the wl emails."

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:34 pm

How soon is too soon to send a LOCI? I haven't received any type of decision yet and I applied in early January, but I feel like I have something good to say...

mla

Postby mla » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Complete 3/7, just placed on preferred waiting list....sucks.
"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."

Does everyone on the preferred wait list have that portion in bold? Does that mean anything?

Sorry, if this has been gone over before, and GL to those still waiting to hear.
EDIT: Nevermind, I went back and read, and I now understand that there is a difference. Sorry for my ignorance.
Last edited by mla on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Normal waitlist, last update 3/7.
I guess the interviewer claiming he was going to recommend me was either a lie, or unimportant.

Boo. Chances at a T-14 are slim to none at this point.

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Ok... now this is officially making no sense.

I applied ED on 2/14. Updated 2/18, 2/21, 3/2 and 3/9. I called the admissions office this afternoon and the woman I spoke with told me that I would get a decision TODAY. She said that GULC guarantees decision within 3 weeks of completion to all ED applicants, and then she looked up my file and said I would hear the end of the day.

It's now 5 pm... a bunch of ppl have gotten WLs it looks like.. and I have NOTHING! No e-mail, no letter, and no access to ASW. Does this mean rejection e-mails come later in the evening and I just didn't even make the wait list? Or should I be hopeful for a letter to come in the mail tomorrow? Or any other ideas on what this could mean?

uhg.. very frustrated.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:Ok... now this is officially making no sense.

I applied ED on 2/14. Updated 2/18, 2/21, 3/2 and 3/9. I called the admissions office this afternoon and the woman I spoke with told me that I would get a decision TODAY. She said that GULC guarantees decision within 3 weeks of completion to all ED applicants, and then she looked up my file and said I would hear the end of the day.

It's now 5 pm... a bunch of ppl have gotten WLs it looks like.. and I have NOTHING! No e-mail, no letter, and no access to ASW. Does this mean rejection e-mails come later in the evening and I just didn't even make the wait list? Or should I be hopeful for a letter to come in the mail tomorrow? Or any other ideas on what this could mean?

uhg.. very frustrated.

I think this is good new for you if you don't hear anything today. The ASW takes some time apparently, I'd be checking your mail early next week.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:08 pm

uhg.. very frustrated.

WL/rejection emails come as late as 5:30 EST. People who get accepted on Fridays don't get ASW access until the following Monday. Not sure which of these applies to you, but HTH.

antonin

Postby antonin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 pm

uhg.. very frustrated.

I would not worry as much as you are worried. Georgetown is one of the schools that usually contacts you for bad news (kind of like NYU) not for good news.

PS: If I was you I would be very happy not to get an e-mail from them today.

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 pm

ahhh, ok--thank you all! I guess i'll be refreshing over and over until 5:30... and then calling back on Monday if I haven't heard anything. so stressful!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”