GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dcgirl9
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dcgirl9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am

Also updated today, something like my 7th update. Trying not to be as pessimistic as some of you others! ;-) the waiting game continues...

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:11 pm

2/3 another day....

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

dcgirl9 wrote:Also updated today, something like my 7th update. Trying not to be as pessimistic as some of you others! ;-) the waiting game continues...



Haha, I am below both medians so I am not expecting much. It was like a blind guy throwing a hail mary and expecting a 60 yard touchdown....
Last edited by oreo3405 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GoldenGopherHopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Why does everyone seem to think that updating today is bad news?!

<--Sixth update 3/9 from 2/28.

bluecanary622
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Why does everyone seem to think that updating today is bad news?!

<--Sixth update 3/9 from 2/28.


I'm not saying I think that it is bad news! I have no idea what it means. I'm more just curious about what all the updates mean. I don't really understand why they change it if it just keeps saying "application completed."

The 3 weeks is really rough?! Uhg! I was hoping for a decision soon--regardless of what it is :(

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ash8309 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 pm

This is my 2nd or 3rd update, I don't remember! Went from 1/28 completed to 3/9 completed. I, for one, am not hopeful b/c of my numbers but no harm hoping.

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 pm

ash8309 wrote:This is my 2nd or 3rd update, I don't remember! Went from 1/28 completed to 3/9 completed. I, for one, am not hopeful b/c of my numbers but no harm hoping.


Ash, I feel like we applied to all the same schools lol

User avatar
FalafelWaffle
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby FalafelWaffle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Complete 1/28. They're trying to torture me.

lfp
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby lfp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I've been officially forgotten. Five updates, all end of Jan/beginning of Feb., and now I'm stuck at 2/16 without another update. Boo.

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ash8309 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:This is my 2nd or 3rd update, I don't remember! Went from 1/28 completed to 3/9 completed. I, for one, am not hopeful b/c of my numbers but no harm hoping.


Ash, I feel like we applied to all the same schools lol


I recognize your avatar so I think you are right! I'll PM you.

User avatar
lucky277
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby lucky277 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

ash8309 wrote:This is my 2nd or 3rd update, I don't remember! Went from 1/28 completed to 3/9 completed. I, for one, am not hopeful b/c of my numbers but no harm hoping.


+1

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby apple1234 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Also updated to 3/9.

Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?

Would my status have changed from "both" to one or the other already?

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lord_Roy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm

First complete 1/28 and second 2/16, nothing since then.... anyone out there with similar dates?

grayfoxx13
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby grayfoxx13 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm

I was updated to 3/9 as well, fourth or fifth update now. Its getting really hard to wait.

bluecanary622
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm

apple1234 wrote:Also updated to 3/9.

Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?

Would my status have changed from "both" to one or the other already?


Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?--good question!!!

Does this just mean we're all in a waitlist and/or reject pool? I feel like if getting updated on the same day means we all should expect the same response.. it's pretty unlikely we all got accepted. uhg!

anyone have any insight?

dcgirl9
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dcgirl9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Also updated to 3/9.

Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?

Would my status have changed from "both" to one or the other already?


Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?--good question!!!

Does this just mean we're all in a waitlist and/or reject pool? I feel like if getting updated on the same day means we all should expect the same response.. it's pretty unlikely we all got accepted. uhg!

anyone have any insight?


I am not sure about mixed batches...I feel like i haven't read about any. but not everyone that gets updated can expect to get a decision given how many updates people go through...

bluecanary622
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 pm

dcgirl9 wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Also updated to 3/9.

Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?

Would my status have changed from "both" to one or the other already?


Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?--good question!!!

Does this just mean we're all in a waitlist and/or reject pool? I feel like if getting updated on the same day means we all should expect the same response.. it's pretty unlikely we all got accepted. uhg!

anyone have any insight?


I am not sure about mixed batches...I feel like i haven't read about any. but not everyone that gets updated can expect to get a decision given how many updates people go through...


Ahhh, ok! So you're saying that of everyone who was updated today to "completed" (again) some will probably receive decisions soon... some later. Some will get updated again. It just doesn't really mean much? I wish I understood the process more.. why so many updates.. what they mean.. etc.

Will my status update to "Decision" before I receive a decision? Or may it just stay on "Completed"?

Thanks so much for any insight!

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:17 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:
dcgirl9 wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Also updated to 3/9.

Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?

Would my status have changed from "both" to one or the other already?


Is there ever a mixed batch of decisions on one date?--good question!!!

Does this just mean we're all in a waitlist and/or reject pool? I feel like if getting updated on the same day means we all should expect the same response.. it's pretty unlikely we all got accepted. uhg!

anyone have any insight?


I am not sure about mixed batches...I feel like i haven't read about any. but not everyone that gets updated can expect to get a decision given how many updates people go through...


Ahhh, ok! So you're saying that of everyone who was updated today to "completed" (again) some will probably receive decisions soon... some later. Some will get updated again. It just doesn't really mean much? I wish I understood the process more.. why so many updates.. what they mean.. etc.

Will my status update to "Decision" before I receive a decision? Or may it just stay on "Completed"?

Thanks so much for any insight!

I'm almost positive there have been mixed batch decisions.

The meaning of a date change depends on where you are in the decision process and there's really no way to know. It could mean that they've made a decision and you'll find out likely today (though some people don't hear for ~3-5ish days). It could just mean that someone new has looked at your file and you have to wait for another date change to get a decision.

There is no status beyond "completed", even once you've received a decision.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Lord_Roy wrote:First complete 1/28 and second 2/16, nothing since then.... anyone out there with similar dates?


I went from complete at 2/3 to 2/7 to 2/22 and nothing since

bluecanary622
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Ahh, ok!! Thanks so much!
Last edited by bluecanary622 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lawst » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:38 pm

equalityLaw10 wrote:Are any of you that updated on 3/7 or 3/8 URMs?

I updated 3/8 and I'm not URM. Older non trad, but don't know if that matters

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:42 pm

3/7 completed$ non urm. i assume we'll get one more update this wk and either will get emailed wl/dings or our snail mail will go out like it did for the last group and we'll be able to access asw after 5pm

User avatar
speedyj88
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby speedyj88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:04 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:3/7 completed$ non urm. i assume we'll get one more update this wk and either will get emailed wl/dings or our snail mail will go out like it did for the last group and we'll be able to access asw after 5pm

Same. 3/7 non-urm. Still no access to ASW.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Also updated today. Non-URM. :/

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:Also updated today. Non-URM. :/


I'm an "Other Hispanic" so take that as you may and updated today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Baidu [Spider], genjustice, Google [Bot], oliviaj_j, potterotter, Tomthecat, trohara14, whodareswins and 19 guests