GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
squirrelgirl
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby squirrelgirl » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:09 pm

fatduck wrote:
squirrelgirl wrote:Um, so I was on the special preferred waitlist, but I just generated username/password on the ASW. This means I'm in, right?

did your complete date change on the status checker? or is it still the same from when you got waitlisted?


It changed on Friday and then again today.

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby apple1234 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm

ash8309 wrote:I'm still complete at 1/28. I have a headache.


Same. :(

User avatar
FalafelWaffle
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby FalafelWaffle » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

apple1234 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:I'm still complete at 1/28. I have a headache.


Same. :(


Same...oh well

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby askyemcdonald » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:37 pm

FalafelWaffle wrote:
apple1234 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:I'm still complete at 1/28. I have a headache.


Same. :(


Same...oh well


Better than this 1/28 that ended up on the WL!

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ash8309 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:06 pm

FalafelWaffle wrote:
apple1234 wrote:
ash8309 wrote:I'm still complete at 1/28. I have a headache.


Same. :(


Same...oh well


Cue Michael Jackson's song "You are Not Alone"

antonin
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby antonin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm

squirrelgirl wrote:
fatduck wrote:
squirrelgirl wrote:Um, so I was on the special preferred waitlist, but I just generated username/password on the ASW. This means I'm in, right?

did your complete date change on the status checker? or is it still the same from when you got waitlisted?


It changed on Friday and then again today.



Congratulations Squirrel.
I am a SPWL too, and now I will start again checking the status checker on an hourly basis. I really thought I did not have to until
late- April.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 pm

anyone try ASW today? any lucky?

User avatar
speedyj88
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby speedyj88 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:anyone try ASW today? any lucky?

Still nothing. I don't know if this means I'm out of luck or if it means that we need to wait until thurs/fri like some people were saying for the system to update.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

speedyj88 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:anyone try ASW today? any lucky?

Still nothing. I don't know if this means I'm out of luck or if it means that we need to wait until thurs/fri like some people were saying for the system to update.

just keep waiting! no reason to give up yet! :)

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Eeep! I updated again today. Nothing on ASW yet, but I guess it's too early. GULC is such a ridiculous Hail Mary for me that I'm just excited not to have been dinged yet.
Wait...how do they ding you? Snail mail? Uh oh.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dddhhh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Lawst wrote:Eeep! I updated again today. Nothing on ASW yet, but I guess it's too early. GULC is such a ridiculous Hail Mary for me that I'm just excited not to have been dinged yet.
Wait...how do they ding you? Snail mail? Uh oh.


I think dings & waitlists are via email.

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:26 pm

dddhhh wrote:
Lawst wrote:Eeep! I updated again today. Nothing on ASW yet, but I guess it's too early. GULC is such a ridiculous Hail Mary for me that I'm just excited not to have been dinged yet.
Wait...how do they ding you? Snail mail? Uh oh.


I think dings & waitlists are via email.


Yep yep

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:
dddhhh wrote:
Lawst wrote:Eeep! I updated again today. Nothing on ASW yet, but I guess it's too early. GULC is such a ridiculous Hail Mary for me that I'm just excited not to have been dinged yet.
Wait...how do they ding you? Snail mail? Uh oh.


I think dings & waitlists are via email.


Yep yep

BE KIND TO ME GMAIL, I MEAN IT.
*Ahem*

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Lawst wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:
dddhhh wrote:
Lawst wrote:Eeep! I updated again today. Nothing on ASW yet, but I guess it's too early. GULC is such a ridiculous Hail Mary for me that I'm just excited not to have been dinged yet.
Wait...how do they ding you? Snail mail? Uh oh.


I think dings & waitlists are via email.


Yep yep

BE KIND TO ME GMAIL, I MEAN IT.
*Ahem*


I thought just waitlists were via email. Dings/acceptances are via snail mail I thought?

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:I thought just waitlists were via email. Dings/acceptances are via snail mail I thought?


Nope, dings are via email, too. Only acceptances via snail mail, in small cream colored envelopes the size of a greeting card.

aph4law
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby aph4law » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 pm

No access to ASW yet, but no bad news email either. Keep your fingers crossed fellow 3/7s and anyone else still waiting to hear.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Marionberry wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:I thought just waitlists were via email. Dings/acceptances are via snail mail I thought?


Nope, dings are via email, too. Only acceptances via snail mail, in small cream colored envelopes the size of a greeting card.



oh that is EXCITING! still no access to ASW. Hopefully I won't get another update.

Asleep
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Asleep » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 am

Dinged this morning around 10 am after updating on Friday. Just when you think you are in the clear...

equalityLaw10
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:06 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby equalityLaw10 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 am

Are any of you that updated on 3/7 or 3/8 URMs?

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 am

Asleep wrote:Dinged this morning around 10 am after updating on Friday. Just when you think you are in the clear...


sorry to hear that. When did you send in your app?

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Updated to 3/9....5th update. I smell a Ding.

Asleep
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Asleep » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:23 am

Submitted 11/30, Group Interview 2/2, Switched to ED 2/8, updated 3/4. Ding email 3/8

I had something like 8 or 9 updates. I was going nuts. At this point I'm glad to just have an answer.

bluecanary622
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

Asleep wrote:Submitted 11/30, Group Interview 2/2, Switched to ED 2/8, updated 3/4. Ding email 3/8

I had something like 8 or 9 updates. I was going nuts. At this point I'm glad to just have an answer.


What does it mean to have so many updates?

I submitted my app on 2/14 ED. I got an update on 2/22, 3/1, and now today 3/9. My LORs received a 'thank you' e-mail on 3/1 and it was not the thank you e-mail some people claim their LORs get that says "congratulate XXX."

Now I'm at 3/9 "Application Completed"

Any answers to what these updates mean? Or what the thank you e-mail means? The site says that if you apply ED you should hear within 3 weeks--so I guess they have to decide by next Tuesday?

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

Updated today...should get the ding soon...

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 am

bluecanary622 wrote:
Asleep wrote:Submitted 11/30, Group Interview 2/2, Switched to ED 2/8, updated 3/4. Ding email 3/8

I had something like 8 or 9 updates. I was going nuts. At this point I'm glad to just have an answer.


What does it mean to have so many updates?

I submitted my app on 2/14 ED. I got an update on 2/22, 3/1, and now today 3/9. My LORs received a 'thank you' e-mail on 3/1 and it was not the thank you e-mail some people claim their LORs get that says "congratulate XXX."

Now I'm at 3/9 "Application Completed"

Any answers to what these updates mean? Or what the thank you e-mail means? The site says that if you apply ED you should hear within 3 weeks--so I guess they have to decide by next Tuesday?


from experience, take the three weeks as a rough estimate. very rough.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, ladida88, sonyco and 9 guests