GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
askyemcdonald

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 pm

apple1234 wrote:Sitting at 1/28 complete (2nd complete date) with no interview request.... At least I haven't been rejected. :?

Another 1/28! I had an interview though. No worries. I have good feelings about our small crew. :D

GoldenGopherHopeful

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 pm

So fifth update was 2/28, no news of anything, no interview request (though I had an alum write one of my recs, which might eliminate the need for an interview).

According to the last couple available graphs of admission cycles, this is really the last week Georgetown offers regular admission before they start looking into the waitlist. Any thoughts on what I/we should expect? Speculation on what it means to have been updated so many times and not heard anything?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 am

When did they stop taking applications?

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 am

Emma1 wrote:When did they stop taking applications?

March 1st

lfp

Postby lfp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 am

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:So fifth update was 2/28, no news of anything, no interview request (though I had an alum write one of my recs, which might eliminate the need for an interview).

According to the last couple available graphs of admission cycles, this is really the last week Georgetown offers regular admission before they start looking into the waitlist. Any thoughts on what I/we should expect? Speculation on what it means to have been updated so many times and not heard anything?

This on everything. Though my fifth update was 2/16, and now I'm decisively forgotten. Really? No more admits after this week? Greeeeeaaaaaat.

GoldenGopherHopeful

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 am

lfp wrote:
GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:So fifth update was 2/28, no news of anything, no interview request (though I had an alum write one of my recs, which might eliminate the need for an interview).

This on everything. Though my fifth update was 2/16, and now I'm decisively forgotten. Really? No more admits after this week? Greeeeeaaaaaat.

Actually, I might be an idiot who can't read graphs. I thought March 2 meant "March 2nd." It turns out March 2 actually means "the second week of March." So it seems that Georgetown does continue to offer a small number of spots through the end of March. Still, the final "wave" appears to come soon (i.e. within the next week).

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:
lfp wrote:

Actually, I might be an idiot who can't read graphs. I thought March 2 meant "March 2nd." It turns out March 2 actually means "the second week of March." So it seems that Georgetown does continue to offer a small number of spots through the end of March. Still, the final "wave" appears to come soon (i.e. within the next week).

That makes more sense. Why continue to take apps through March 1 if they don't accept anyone after March 2, you know?

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:07 pm

I may be wrong here but didn't they extend the ED deadline this year to 3/1? I'm pretty sure it was earlier last year which Could have a significant impact on admissions dates esp. Those late in the cycle. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part so who knows...

GoldenGopherHopeful

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:11 pm

n_gal wrote:I may be wrong here but didn't they extend the ED deadline this year to 3/1? I'm pretty sure it was earlier last year which Could have a significant impact on admissions dates esp. Those late in the cycle. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part so who knows...

I've heard speculation that snow, a later December LSAT, and lower application numbers than expected have pushed the process back by a couple weeks this year. A number of other schools have extended their overall deadlines.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:14 pm

n_gal wrote:I may be wrong here but didn't they extend the ED deadline this year to 3/1? I'm pretty sure it was earlier last year which Could have a significant impact on admissions dates esp. Those late in the cycle. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part so who knows...

GULC's binding early decision program now has the same deadline as regular decision.

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Just updated to 3/2....going to be the longest day ever!

shoop

Postby shoop » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:31 pm

I just sent in the papers to decline my offer of admission. I hope one of y'all who is really excited about GULC gets that spot!

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Same boat. My thought is that they are unsure about you/me/us lol. Now that the deadline has passed they can compare us to the rest of the applicants and make a decision as their class has begun to take shape.

clearfire

Postby clearfire » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 pm

thanks shoop

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Just updated to 3/2....going to be the longest day ever!

Soooooo jealous, but good luck!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Anyone that had an alumnus interview, what general questions did they ask?

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Flips88 wrote:Anyone that had an alumnus interview, what general questions did they ask?

my interviewer asked about my career goals, why law, why gulc, a strange, very specific question about my resume (which i think was fed to him by the adcomms), and how i felt about my undergrad school (a large private school in a major city). then he spent the rest of the time telling me about how great gulc is.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Magnolia wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Anyone that had an alumnus interview, what general questions did they ask?

my interviewer asked about my career goals, why law, why gulc, a strange, very specific question about my resume (which i think was fed to him by the adcomms), and how i felt about my undergrad school (a large private school in a major city). then he spent the rest of the time telling me about how great gulc is.

Thanks. My interviewer will be a law professor at the law school for my undergrad so I think he'll at least understand things on my resume better than would an alumnus from another state.

Siamsa414

Postby Siamsa414 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Fingers crossed for you. :) Good luck!

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Siamsa414 wrote:

Thanks! Looks like I am all alone today on TLS... :cry:

lucky277

Postby lucky277 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:
Siamsa414 wrote:

Thanks! Looks like I am all alone today on TLS... :cry:

Psh I WISH I was updated! Way to leave the 1/28 crew in the dust :(

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Magnolia wrote:

Thanks. My interviewer will be a law professor at the law school for my undergrad so I think he'll at least understand things on my resume better than would an alumnus from another state.

good luck!

JeremyPaul

Postby JeremyPaul » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:57 pm

i'm also a 1/28 completed. and had a group interview three weeks ago! still no updates.

ali15

Postby ali15 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Am I the only one still at 1/18 - Application completed?

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 pm

1/11 > 3/2

AHH

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”