GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ratchet Jackson

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:25 pm

sghall wrote:Just got an e-mail. Preferred Wait List. I'm a little confused since I'm above 75th percentile on LSAT and GPA, and I was admitted to Harvard. But that's okay. I'm withdrawing. No reason to sit around on a Wait List when I have plenty of other options.

Yield protection strikes again. Sorry about the WL.

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Condolences to those waitlisted or rejected. It's never easy, regardless of your other options. Remember! I love you all and each and every one of your cycles will end well. So this was a homogeneous batch of waitlists/dings? Maybe a wave of admits will be coming this week?

noncontributingzero

Postby noncontributingzero » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:27 pm

"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."

Does this mean I am a super special WL-er or are they just trying to stroke my ego so I am not as bummed about the WL?
Last edited by noncontributingzero on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Condolences to those waitlisted or rejected. It's never easy, regardless of your other options. Remember! I love you all and each and every one of your cycles will end well. So this was a homogeneous batch of waitlists/dings? Maybe a wave of admits will be coming this week?

Hope so!

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:Condolences to those waitlisted or rejected. It's never easy, regardless of your other options. Remember! I love you all and each and every one of your cycles will end well. So this was a homogeneous batch of waitlists/dings? Maybe a wave of admits will be coming this week?

Hope so!

Now that I know that Complet(ED) means under review, this 1/11-er reallllllly hopes so.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."

Does this mean I am an super special WL-er or are they just trying to stroke my ego so I am not as bummed about the WL?

Yes, there are apparently three groups. Super special preferred, preferred, and regular. I'm guessing only super-special-preferred has any real chance at admission, but I could be wrong.

noncontributingzero

Postby noncontributingzero » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 pm

fatduck wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."

Does this mean I am an super special WL-er or are they just trying to stroke my ego so I am not as bummed about the WL?

Yes, there are apparently three groups. Super special preferred, preferred, and regular. I'm guessing only super-special-preferred has any real chance at admission, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Does this mean I am a super special WL-er or are they just trying to stroke my ego so I am not as bummed about the WL?

It means that if G'town is under-enrolled and decides to draw from the waitlist, you actually have a chance. Regular waitlist seems like more of a gentle rejection.

R.R. Raskolnikov

Postby R.R. Raskolnikov » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I also just got this, but I definitely was not YP'ed:

"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List.

Generally, applicants on the large Preferred Waiting List are those that we would like very much to include in our first-year class. However, due to the large volume of highly qualified applicants, the Committee cannot extend as many offers as it wishes. As a result, the Committee has been forced to make some very tough decisions, and your application was especially difficult."

No trajedy though, I only would have attended with a good chunk of money (which I wasn't going to get anyway). I'll be withdrawing, so best of luck to the rest of you!

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm

R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:I also just got this, but I definitely was not YP'ed:

"The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List.

Generally, applicants on the large Preferred Waiting List are those that we would like very much to include in our first-year class. However, due to the large volume of highly qualified applicants, the Committee cannot extend as many offers as it wishes. As a result, the Committee has been forced to make some very tough decisions, and your application was especially difficult."

No trajedy though, I only would have attended with a good chunk of money (which I wasn't going to get anyway). I'll be withdrawing, so best of luck to the rest of you!

It makes sense. Impractical amount of work to rank a waitlist, just group it instead.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Magnolia wrote:Just updated. 1/13 - 1/28 - 2/11 - 2/16 - 2/23 - 2/28. Really hoping to hear something today!

well, got my wish. special preferred WL. meh.

super6

Postby super6 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Complete 1/5 -> Complete 2/28 -> Rejected
170/3.6
I really thought I'd be in no problem but alas, I was rejected. WL'd at UVA and Duke, though, so I am a little surprised.

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Same here! I'm confused because it makes the distinction between this and "the larger Preferred Waiting List" which I'm then assuming is different than just the regular old waitlist. Way to make this as confusing as possible, GULC.

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:57 pm

cassidylane wrote:

Same here! I'm confused because it makes the distinction between this and "the larger Preferred Waiting List" which I'm then assuming is different than just the regular old waitlist. Way to make this as confusing as possible, GULC.

Waitlisted. also put on the "Preferred Waiting List"....whatever that means.

truekakaka

Postby truekakaka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm

got the email from dean cornblatt :(

special group within the preferred waitlist for me as well...

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm

has anyone from the 2/28 group not heard yet?

dcgirl9

Postby dcgirl9 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

I updated today and haven't heard. No ASW either though. guess I'm just still waiting!

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

n_gal wrote:has anyone from the 2/28 group not heard yet?

Me....scared!

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

dddhhh wrote:

Me....scared!

me either, any chance thats a good thing? :?

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Just got a waitlist email. I was sort of down until five minutes later when I found out I got into NYU.

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:54 pm

'

+1. 3rd update.
Stop playing with my heart, Georgetown.

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm

redsoxfan2495 wrote:Just got a waitlist email. I was sort of down until five minutes later when I found out I got into NYU.

ahhhh you are living my dream redsoxfan. I would kill to get into NYU right now!!! (Also I'm from boston so I highly approve of the name :) )

shnoop

Postby shnoop » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Has anyone not updated today.... Im sitting at 2/3 :( help i need information

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

cassidylane wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:Just got a waitlist email. I was sort of down until five minutes later when I found out I got into NYU.

ahhhh you are living my dream redsoxfan. I would kill to get into NYU right now!!! (Also I'm from boston so I highly approve of the name :) )
I'm somewhat hesitant to go to school in a place where wearing a hat with a red 'B' on it is dangerous. :P

uncertaintyprinciple

Postby uncertaintyprinciple » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 pm

shnoop wrote:Has anyone not updated today.... Im sitting at 2/3 :( help i need information

I'm still at 2/3 too. That was my second update and nothing since... I think I'm going to send in a new LOR soon :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”