GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Siamsa414

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Siamsa414 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Nice! Anyone who interviewed last week get in today?

Yep, I interviewed last Thursday in LA, too.

tazvec

Postby tazvec » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Is the interview request a necessity to be considered for admissions at this point in the cycle? Or is it something issued to people that are not auto-admit/reject?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm

tazvec wrote:Is the interview request a necessity to be considered for admissions at this point in the cycle? Or is it something issued to people that are not auto-admit/reject?

Alumni interviews are requested for applicants whose numbers are borderline. At this point in the cycle, if you get an interview request you should take it, though they seem to be issuing a lot more waitlists than they were a couple months ago. If your numbers are good, you can still get accepted at this point without an interview.

tazvec

Postby tazvec » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Marionberry wrote:
tazvec wrote:Is the interview request a necessity to be considered for admissions at this point in the cycle? Or is it something issued to people that are not auto-admit/reject?

Alumni interviews are requested for applicants whose numbers are borderline. At this point in the cycle, if you get an interview request you should take it, though they seem to be issuing a lot more waitlists than they were a couple months ago. If your numbers are good, you can still get accepted at this point without an interview.

I've been completed and the date has changed twice--last one being 2/11. About how far along are people getting those requests?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:59 pm

tazvec wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

I've been completed and the date has changed twice--last one being 2/11. About how far along are people getting those requests?

I'm not sure. Are you above one of the medians?

tazvec

Postby tazvec » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Marionberry wrote:
tazvec wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

No. 169, 3.5x, quality softs.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:27 pm

tazvec wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

No. 169, 3.5x, quality softs.

Well, hopefully you'll get an interview request, and if you do really well on the interview it certainly helps your chances. Switching your app to ED would also probably be wise if you really want GULC.

ali15

Postby ali15 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Sorry if it has been asked. But how do you go about switching you application to ED if you have already submitted it for regular decision?

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 am

ali15 wrote:Sorry if it has been asked. But how do you go about switching you application to ED if you have already submitted it for regular decision?

+1

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 am

You just email them and ask, and they'll give you directions.

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am

Another update... submitted 1/12, complete 1/18, completed 2/3, completed 2/17, completed 2/22. Hopefully something today?

Edit: I got the ASW password generator to work! but the stuff generated doesn't work.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 am

champsound wrote:Another update... submitted 1/12, complete 1/18, completed 2/3, completed 2/17, completed 2/22. Hopefully something today?

Edit: I got the ASW password generator to work! but the stuff generated doesn't work.

Congrats! You're in.
The password and username will work in a few days. They try to time it with your letter arriving at your address.

lfp

Postby lfp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 am

Ok. I'm going to continue fretting over this. I've had five updates. The last 2/16. And nothing. No password, no rejection email, no interview request, nothing. I applied purely PT and have numbers that aren't GULC material but softs and letters that are... should I be considering it a good thing that I haven't heard anything yet? Is there anyone else out there who had 5+ updates and then got in? I applied early January, complete shortly thereafter, and then nothing until several updates all within 8-10 days. Thoughts?

cngreen

Postby cngreen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 pm

champsound wrote:Another update... submitted 1/12, complete 1/18, completed 2/3, completed 2/17, completed 2/22. Hopefully something today?

Horray! I'm glad you got in. I was rooting for you. :)

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm

lfp wrote:Ok. I'm going to continue fretting over this. I've had five updates. The last 2/16. And nothing. No password, no rejection email, no interview request, nothing. I applied purely PT and have numbers that aren't GULC material but softs and letters that are... should I be considering it a good thing that I haven't heard anything yet? Is there anyone else out there who had 5+ updates and then got in? I applied early January, complete shortly thereafter, and then nothing until several updates all within 8-10 days. Thoughts?

Try not to read too much into the date changes on your status checker. And I would suggest just trying to be patient, there's not a lot else you can do or find out at this point. You can always check LSN and the rest of this thread to see how people with similar numbers fared.

sghall

Postby sghall » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 pm

jamaica89 wrote:Has anyone who is doing the public interest program at Gtown heard anything yet???

Please answer....

Just found this on the website: "PILS applications for Fall 2011 are due by February 1, 2011. The Public Interest Law Scholars Committee begins to consider applicants for the program on or about March 1. Earlier application is recommended, because only candidates who have been accepted for admission to Georgetown Law by the time the selection committee meets can be considered for selection as Scholars."

So they haven't even started making decisions yet. But now I'm a little concerned because March 1st is quickly approaching, and I have not been admitted yet...

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

My status checker changed from "your app is complete" on 2/7 to "your app is complete" on 2/22.. Does anyone who has heard back from them know if this means anything?

beachviolet11

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

all these lucky people updating...still sitting at 2/3 with no interview:( anyone else?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Just an FYI: if you're anxious about your GULC app and have any questions, go back and read any 30 page block of this thread. It will answer any questions you have (for which there are answers available) and it will give you something to channel the nervous energy into for an hour or so.

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

lfp wrote:Ok. I'm going to continue fretting over this. I've had five updates. The last 2/16. And nothing. No password, no rejection email, no interview request, nothing. I applied purely PT and have numbers that aren't GULC material but softs and letters that are... should I be considering it a good thing that I haven't heard anything yet? Is there anyone else out there who had 5+ updates and then got in? I applied early January, complete shortly thereafter, and then nothing until several updates all within 8-10 days. Thoughts?

Hey i'm in the same boat. 2/16 was atleast my 6th update. I'm a super reverse splitter. 153/3.85 so we may be in the splitter group...good luck!

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 pm

rocon7383 wrote:My status checker changed from "your app is complete" on 2/7 to "your app is complete" on 2/22.. Does anyone who has heard back from them know if this means anything?

Try to generate a password on the Georgetown admitted students website. I have the same 2/22 date and I was able to generate one (which hopefully means we are both in).

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Just updated to 2/23. Not sure I have a good feeling about this since 2/22 seems to have been the admit day :?

badgers22

Postby badgers22 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:all these lucky people updating...still sitting at 2/3 with no interview:( anyone else?

Same here. Thought I had a great chance to be accepted (above lsat median, way above gpa median) but now I'm not so sure anymore. Hopefully we'll hear soon.

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Does Georgetown update in the morning only?

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Does Georgetown update in the morning only?

No. One of my previous updates came late in the afternoon.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”