GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
squirrelgirl

New

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by squirrelgirl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Sandrew wrote: "If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments." -TMBG
TMBG quotes should randomly appear in more threads.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Interview today was awesome. The Dean is way cool and very nice. Hope to hear back soon!
+1

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 pm

sooooo interview was (not satisfactory).....i barely got to talk......the girl next to me lead the group and was an attention (grabber? insert synonym for person who like's to hear themselves talk). no offense to ()....

edited for offensive content :D
Last edited by pimpsdontcry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:sooooo interview was gay.....i barely got to talk......the girl next to me lead the group and was an attention whore. no offense to whores....
I hate when interviews have sex with other men!

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:sooooo interview was gay.....i barely got to talk......the girl next to me lead the group and was an attention whore. no offense to whores....
Wow....pretty awful thing to say. He did say use your elbows if you had to to get in and talk.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
I hate when interviews have sex with other men!
so the interview was gay

but a girl in the interview was having sex for money and/or attention

therefore your interviewer was a woman?

jplwine

New

Post by jplwine » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:09 pm

"If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments." -TMBG[/quote]

I was a snowball in hell...

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Anyone there ask the dean if they caught onto the ASW and therefore we're all in without it? :D

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 pm

No but someone asked how we find out and I wanted to be like...uhhh have you ever looked at TLS? Would save you the dumb question.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 pm

You would not survive Dupont Circle

billjames22

New

Post by billjames22 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm

woah dude, I was there and the girl was just performing the task that she was assigned. honestly if you wanted to talk, there was very little stopping you from jumping in.

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm

billjames22 wrote:
woah dude, I was there and the girl was just performing the task that she was assigned. honestly if you wanted to talk, there was very little stopping you from jumping in.
Exactly...

EDIT: What time slot?

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Dean Cornblatt seems really down to earth. And, at least in my interview, everyone did a good job of monitoring themselves. I had no problems contributing to the conversation.
Last edited by bender18 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

edgarfigaro

Bronze

Post by edgarfigaro » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

if I were you, I'd scrub my profile right now...

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm

billjames22 wrote:
sorry, when i enter a boardroom, seldom do we jump in on each other. In a professional setting such behavior is looked down upon. Overall, the meeting was an excuse for people to justify their inadequacies. Yes I am a failure and do not belong at GULC, but if that's the type of people I have to deal with, no thank you :D . That's not to say there weren't good people at the interview, some of you guys were great!

chritabug

New

Post by chritabug » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:41 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
billjames22 wrote:
sorry, when i enter a boardroom, seldom do we jump in on each other. In a professional setting such behavior is looked down upon. Overall, the meeting was an excuse for people to justify their inadequacies. Yes I am a failure and do not belong at GULC, but if that's the type of people I have to deal with, no thank you :D . That's not to say there weren't good people at the interview, some of you guys were great!
the problem is not you whining that you didn't get to talk. the problem is the derogatory speech you used to do your whining.

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:41 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
billjames22 wrote:
Wow...quit now. You couldn't have been in my interview because I did not get that vibe at all.

EDIT: And with that awful attitude and poor way of speaking about women...you are right..you don't belong at GULC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Well, today ladies and gentlemen, I believe we learned that sometimes...

--ImageRemoved--

Pimps do cry.

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Flips88 wrote:Well, today ladies and gentlemen, I believe we learned that sometimes...

--ImageRemoved--

Pimps do cry.

Epic.

@others,

i'm sorry I wasn't being politically correct. I was agitated by the girl in the room who failed to direct cogent discussion on the topic at hand and instead, felt the need to bombard us with echos of what others were already saying.... If you've been offended by what i've said, send me a pm and I'll send you 5 dollars for your pain and suffering. If you weren't in my group, then you were lucky :) .

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Flips88 wrote:Well, today ladies and gentlemen, I believe we learned that sometimes...

Pimps do cry.
:mrgreen:

lol i was at the interview today and felt it went fine (except for the fact that time went by a bit too quickly to really say anything too deep or meaningful)

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:sooooo interview was (not satisfactory).....i barely got to talk......the girl next to me lead the group and was an attention (grabber? insert synonym for person who like's to hear themselves talk). no offense to ()....

lol you've already been quoted -- your edit is a wasted effort

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 pm

effminus wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:sooooo interview was (not satisfactory).....i barely got to talk......the girl next to me lead the group and was an attention (grabber? insert synonym for person who like's to hear themselves talk). no offense to ()....

lol you've already been quoted -- your edit is a wasted effort
i do not know that which you speak of :mrgreen:

Siamsa414

Bronze

Post by Siamsa414 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Just got back from my interview too. It was pretty chill and similar to what has been described on the board--group discussion, no personal details. Here's hoping for an update soon...

mss455

Bronze

Post by mss455 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 am

Just submitted ED GULC Part-time !!!

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 am

mss455 wrote:Just submitted ED GULC Part-time !!!
welcome to the partayyyy! :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”