GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
casterfield

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby casterfield » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Had an interview last Friday. No update yet. :(

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm

youcraze? wrote:So let's say you were hypothetically put in a special group within the preferred waiting list. Does this pretty much preclude you from getting any scholarship money if you were then accepted off the wait-list?

Allegedly not, but the earlier you're offered admission the better the odds, since the funds get depleted.

meepmeep123

Postby meepmeep123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm

is your status ever "under review" or does it just go from "complete" to "decision made?"

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:is your status ever "under review" or does it just go from "complete" to "decision made?"

I don't think it ever goes to "under review" or "Decision made". I'm pretty sure on under review, and if it ever goes to decision made it is long after you have already received your letter/asw access.

meepmeep123

Postby meepmeep123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks! I was deferred and the date keeps updating for complete...

youcraze?

Postby youcraze? » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm

somewhere wrote:
youcraze? wrote:So let's say you were hypothetically put in a special group within the preferred waiting list. Does this pretty much preclude you from getting any scholarship money if you were then accepted off the wait-list?

Allegedly not, but the earlier you're offered admission the better the odds, since the funds get depleted.

Cool. Thanks. What else can you do other than send in a LOCI at this point other than praying to La Virgen? Is it appropriate to ask questions about their decision so you can address their concerns?

BuckeyeGirl

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Just looking for a clarification re: ASW. I know generating a password means acceptance, but what is the time frame? The Monday after a status update (for me 2/11), an interminable number of days later after 5PM? There seem to be a plethora of answers and am just curious if I should be looking every day this week, waiting for next Monday, or dreading my email.

Thanks all.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

casterfield wrote:Had an interview last Friday. No update yet. :(

I too interviewed recently (alumni), so as a follow up question: for those who have had an alumni interview, how long after the interview did you hear about a decision? To be even more precise, if you happen to know, how long after the interviewer submitted their review?

Much appreciated.

BuckeyeGirl wrote:Just looking for a clarification re: ASW. I know generating a password means acceptance, but what is the time frame? The Monday after a status update (for me 2/11), an interminable number of days later after 5PM? There seem to be a plethora of answers and am just curious if I should be looking every day this week, waiting for next Monday, or dreading my email.

looks like you should be able to log in this friday afternoon, about when you'll receive the letter. congrats!
Last edited by Perch on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

casterfield

Postby casterfield » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Perch wrote:
casterfield wrote:Had an interview last Friday. No update yet. :(

Casterfield- alumni or group?

I too interviewed recently (alumni), so as a follow up question: for those who have had an alumni interview, how long after the interview did you hear about a decision? To be even more precise, if you happen to know, how long after the interviewer submitted their review?

Much appreciated.

Alumni. How do you know when your interviewer submitted his/her review? When did you interview?

BuckeyeGirl

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Actually, I have NOT been able to generate a password OR received an email. 2/11 was my 4th update...just wondering if I should even bother obsessing until next Monday or not.

I know someone earlier in this thread said they though the earliest a 2/11 could generate was today...but not sure why they thought that.

Thanks for the quick response...hopefully the congrats is just a little too early :)

stephan75th

Postby stephan75th » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Perch:

It took over a month for my status checker to update after the alum interview and another week or so before I was able to log into the ASW.

I'm not sure when she submitted her report.

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Was held in november and just updated again today for the first time in almost 3 months. Anyone else in the same boat??

anonymous@wisconsin

Postby anonymous@wisconsin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:Was held in november and just updated again today for the first time in almost 3 months. Anyone else in the same boat??

I updated yesterday. Was held in December.

Forum for GULC held applicants: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=145876

edgarfigaro

Postby edgarfigaro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:Was held in november and just updated again today for the first time in almost 3 months. Anyone else in the same boat??

I updated today, but I also just changed to ED so that may have been what caused it. I was never held.

crankyankees

Postby crankyankees » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Perch wrote:

Much appreciated.

I interviewed Dec. 21 and my status changed 1/4. I got the hold email on the 6th, and I'm supposed to know by the end of the month, or so they say.

seanjohn0724

Postby seanjohn0724 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Marionberry wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:is your status ever "under review" or does it just go from "complete" to "decision made?"

I don't think it ever goes to "under review" or "Decision made". I'm pretty sure on under review, and if it ever goes to decision made it is long after you have already received your letter/asw access.

Thanks a lot for this info! I've been at complete for a long time and couldn't figure it out.

Asleep

Postby Asleep » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 pm

So I am a little confused. If you get an update that you think is likely your last one and cant generate a password at 5, is that a waitlist/deny or sometimes does it take a few days? Also how long do those waitlist/deny emails usually take?

Wonkers

Postby Wonkers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey guys,

For you guys who did group interviews, any followup? Thank you emails? Flowers and sweets? Promises of organ donations?

I'm torn between sending and avoiding seeming like a pest, esp if it just goes to the big general GULC inbox on the interweb.

As of the moment, complete at 1/28 but no movement since except interview invite.

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 pm

agora139 wrote:updated to 2/15! anyone else? my third update (1/28, 2/10, 2/15)

+1. Though it's more like my millionth update.

Second update since my interview a little over a week ago too....

tarakit

Postby tarakit » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Those of you that had requests for alumni/skype interviews:

How long was it before you were contacted after you agreed to the interview? It has been over a week since I was asked and haven't had any contact, so I was wondering if I should contact admissions.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 pm

I was about to post a similar question.

But its only been since Friday for me. It says somewhere in the email it can take several weeks to arrange.

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 pm

My alum contacted me about a day after with the interview 2 days after.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 am

tarakit wrote:Those of you that had requests for alumni/skype interviews:

How long was it before you were contacted after you agreed to the interview? It has been over a week since I was asked and haven't had any contact, so I was wondering if I should contact admissions.

It took just about 3 weeks for my interviewer to contact me. I contacted GULC at about the two week mark and they told me to hold tight till 3 weeks and contact them then if my interviewer hadn't gotten in touch me. Took another week or so before I actually had the I interview. Granted my interviewer was out of the country and interviewed me by phone so YMMV

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 am

Haven't been reading this thread in a while, but I'm back.

I was asked to interview and then held in November, and my status just updated on 2/14. Not able to create a username/pass, and my status still says "both."

Perch

Postby Perch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am

spacepenguin wrote:My alum contacted me about a day after with the interview 2 days after.

more or less time frame (very quick). I'm sure it depends on the interviewer, I'm sure they are all very busy people

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”