GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.

casterfield
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby casterfield » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

rbarcelo9 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.


Congrats, bro! You've got an awesome cycle so far!

User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bender18 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:41 am

any word on the local of the upcoming interviews? still didn't hear anything
Last edited by bender18 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

paulsung123 wrote:2/3 complete, nothing yet

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?

scroll up, pg.183 :roll: so far, waitlist or ding

RedTex
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby RedTex » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 am

paulsung123 wrote:
Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?


Based on LSN and this board it looks like very few people had 2/3 as a decision date, so I am guessing you that if you haven't had a reject by now, you have at least one more to go...

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BlakcMajikc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 pm

bender18 wrote:any word on the local of the upcoming interviews? still didn't hear anything


haven't heard anything...

User avatar
stephan75th
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby stephan75th » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Got my admissions packet yesterday, but never received the letter...

No scholarship or financial aid info

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:51 pm

casterfield wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.


Congrats, bro! You've got an awesome cycle so far!

Thanks! Nothing left now but SUPER reaches, and trying to get money from schools I have no business getting money at lol.

Tullstone
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Tullstone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:03 am

Ive got a couple questions for the more admissions-savvy members in this thread:

I send my ED app in on 1/6, but asked the application to be held for 5 days to wait for a LOR from a GULC alum.

Letter arrived at 1/11.

Alum gets letter in the last week of January from GULC thanking him for sending a letter.

Alum responds with an additional letter, and GULC updates my status on 2/1.

Question:#1
Does sending new items delay my decision? My application has been in review for over the three week maximum... no word, yet.

Question #2:

I am also a Joint Degree applicant, according to my paper application. After talking with some students from the School of Foreign Service recently, I am more motivated to withdraw my application and apply for the Masters after law school because this will allow me to study abroad in law school and engage in more hands on studies offered by the Masters Program, after law school.

Will the committee hate me for withdrawing? What do you think?

User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bender18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am

EDIT: Nevermind, got the info
Last edited by bender18 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ls24
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ls24 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone confirmed that Georgetown only emails rejections and waitlists and sends acceptance letters through snailmail? I called the admissions office last week to ask how decisions are announced and was told that I'll most likely most likely find out through email, and that that's how most students hear back- should I consider this a bad sign? My last update was 2/1 and I've had no email/letter/or asw access yet..

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 pm

ls24 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone confirmed that Georgetown only emails rejections and waitlists and sends acceptance letters through snailmail? I called the admissions office last week to ask how decisions are announced and was told that I'll most likely most likely find out through email, and that that's how most students hear back- should I consider this a bad sign? My last update was 2/1 and I've had no email/letter/or asw access yet..


It has been confirmed in that no one has reported receiving an acceptance by anything other than a snail mail letter, and that no one has reported receiving a rejection or waitlist offer by anything other than email. As far as what you heard from the admissions office, what they said is true. Most of their applicants are either rejected or waitlisted, so most find out through email. Unless they said that you specifically would be finding out through email, then their response is probably not meaningful either way. What are your numbers? I think we can probably give you a pretty good idea of what to expect based on that.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 pm

I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oreo3405 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:51 pm

shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?


there is a ASW for GULC too, try to generate a password (click where it says "Here for the first time?" etc ,and if you can get in, congrats!

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 pm

shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?


Yes http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... ssword.cfm
You're welcome.

Edit: is it sad that I had that link on the ready with the ctrl-V?

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?


there is a ASW for GULC too, try to generate a password (click where it says "Here for the first time?" etc ,and if you can get in, congrats!


Oh, wow. I got into the website and it knows my first name. I assume this is good news?

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 pm

shoop wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:
shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?


there is a ASW for GULC too, try to generate a password (click where it says "Here for the first time?" etc ,and if you can get in, congrats!


Oh, wow. I got into the website and it knows my first name. I assume this is good news?


Congrats! You're in at Georgetown. You will receive a package confirming this in some weeks ahead.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I hadn't noticed that. I'd say you're in. I'm already in and I have the same email thingy.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 pm

champsound wrote:
Congrats! You're in at Georgetown. You will receive a package confirming this in some weeks ahead.


No email or call or anything before then? Why haven't these schools figured out that neurotic/over-eager students are getting the glorious news through shady anticlimactic backdoor tactics instead of by letters on nice paper or phone calls from bubbly-sounding ladies?

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 pm

shoop wrote:
champsound wrote:
Congrats! You're in at Georgetown. You will receive a package confirming this in some weeks ahead.


No email or call or anything before then? Why haven't these schools figured out that neurotic/over-eager students are getting the glorious news through shady anticlimactic backdoor tactics instead of by letters on nice paper or phone calls from bubbly-sounding ladies?


Who knows. I joined this site after I'd already gotten into to GULC. I had no idea that they only mail acceptance letters, so I could have saved myself the mini heart attack.

paulsung123
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby paulsung123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:2/3 complete, nothing yet

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?

scroll up, pg.183 :roll: so far, waitlist or ding


2/4 has been wl or ding. not 2/3

:roll:

just wanted to see if 2/3 heard anything definitive

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

paulsung123 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:2/3 complete, nothing yet

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?

scroll up, pg.183 :roll: so far, waitlist or ding


2/4 has been wl or ding. not 2/3

:roll:

just wanted to see if 2/3 heard anything definitive


Im a 2/3 and Im still in limbo. 2/4s had a rough go, but from what I have seen 2/3 hasnt seen much movement

granger
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby granger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Anyone else going to the group interview in NYC Wednesday?

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I just saw that I have been assigned a GULC email address on my status checker. Anyone know how to go about setting it up, or if that is even possible yet?

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby somewhere » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:2/3 complete, nothing yet

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?

scroll up, pg.183 :roll: so far, waitlist or ding


2/4 has been wl or ding. not 2/3

:roll:

just wanted to see if 2/3 heard anything definitive


Im a 2/3 and Im still in limbo. 2/4s had a rough go, but from what I have seen 2/3 hasnt seen much movement


I'm a 2/4 and still in limbo. Went 1/7, 1/28, 2/4. No email and still no ASW.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, lonola and 17 guests