GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2things2

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2things2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 pm

are you guys implying that a 2/3 complete means a decision has been made and we will hear soon? why the 5pm thing? i'm trying to backread here a bit because i just noticed the 2/3 complete on my app and i'm trying to figure out what it means.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm

2things2 wrote:are you guys implying that a 2/3 complete means a decision has been made and we will hear soon? why the 5pm thing? i'm trying to backread here a bit because i just noticed the 2/3 complete on my app and i'm trying to figure out what it means.

They're trying to figure that out. I don't know how much of the thread you've read, but an update can mean one of three things: 1) They've made a decision, you've been WL/dinged, 2) They've made a decision, you're in, OR 3) No decision has been made, you'll have to wait for your next update. If you can get into the AS site, it's 2, otherwise it could be 1 or 3.

I'm guessing they picked 5pm because it's close of business on the east coast and there wouldn't likely be many updates the the GU computer system after that.

Knicks44

Postby Knicks44 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Can Everyone generate a username and password for the asw? Because I got an update on 1/31 and was able to generate a username and password but still have no access to the site. Is that normal?

pimpsdontcry

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 pm

dings are done via email?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:dings are done via email?

yes, waitlists too.

pimpsdontcry

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Marionberry wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:dings are done via email?

yes, waitlists too.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Knicks44 wrote:Can Everyone generate a username and password for the asw? Because I got an update on 1/31 and was able to generate a username and password but still have no access to the site. Is that normal?

No, you can only generate a username/password if you've been accepted. You probably won't be able to log on with the combo they give you until next week or so, based on what's been said in the thread. Congrats!

GraniteState

Postby GraniteState » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, but how do merit scholarships work at Georgetown? I was accepted by snail mail in October/November, but no mention of $$.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 pm

GraniteState wrote:Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, but how do merit scholarships work at Georgetown? I was accepted by snail mail in October/November, but no mention of $$.

I believe it addresses this on the admitted students website. Basically there's a form to fill out and send it but it's not available yet.

GraniteState

Postby GraniteState » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Marionberry wrote:
GraniteState wrote:Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, but how do merit scholarships work at Georgetown? I was accepted by snail mail in October/November, but no mention of $$.

I believe it addresses this on the admitted students website. Basically there's a form to fill out and send it but it's not available yet.

I'm not talking about applications for need-based aid, I'm talking about schools offering merit scholarships to get people to come to their school.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 pm

GraniteState wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

I'm not talking about applications for need-based aid, I'm talking about schools offering merit scholarships to get people to come to their school.

I thought the process was the same. I'm not very knowledgeable, as I'm probably not gonna get a dime from them. I would email the finaid department and see what you need to do.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Marionberry wrote:Call the admissions office and tell them that you would like to switch you application to Binding ED. They will send you a pdf of the ED application, which you will fill out and fax/email to them. You will also have to snail mail in the hard copy.

so I did this today and they said "yea no problem we'll switch it to binding ED" I was like uhh do I have to fill out any forms? "no that won't be necessary"

why do I get the feeling this means I'm already in the reject pile :O

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 pm

fatduck wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Call the admissions office and tell them that you would like to switch you application to Binding ED. They will send you a pdf of the ED application, which you will fill out and fax/email to them. You will also have to snail mail in the hard copy.

so I did this today and they said "yea no problem we'll switch it to binding ED" I was like uhh do I have to fill out any forms? "no that won't be necessary"

why do I get the feeling this means I'm already in the reject pile :O

huh. That's weird. It may be far enough into the cycle that they don't want to fuck with the paperwork, I dunno. I wouldn't read that much into it, though.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm

How long do they do binding ED? It seems kind of late in the game for this to be of much benefit unless you have high scores that they really want! It does show interest so I could be wrong.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Emma1 wrote:How long do they do binding ED? It seems kind of late in the game for this to be of much benefit unless you have high scores that they really want! It does show interest so I could be wrong.

I figured it would be kind of a super LOCI :mrgreen:

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Emma1 wrote:How long do they do binding ED? It seems kind of late in the game for this to be of much benefit unless you have high scores that they really want! It does show interest so I could be wrong.

The benefit to the school doesn't change much if you do it now or earlier. Their ED deadline is the same as their regular deadline. It still allows them to have a more solid idea of what their medians are shaping up to be. It seems to only provide a considerable chance when you're above one of the medians, or at least right at the LSAT median. I'm just guessing on that, though.

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 pm

How long does it take from when you can generate the username and password for ASW to when you can actually enter the ASW using those pieces of information. Thanks.

srvyorgeneral

Postby srvyorgeneral » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Anyone in the 1/28 completed pile get another update? Or are we.all still in limbo...?

henry flower

Postby henry flower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:04 pm

srvyorgeneral wrote:Anyone in the 1/28 completed pile get another update? Or are we.all still in limbo...?

I've gotten a couple

1/28-->2/1--->2/3

applied ED, crossing my fingers, checking the ASW obsessively

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:15 pm

onepass wrote:How long does it take from when you can generate the username and password for ASW to when you can actually enter the ASW using those pieces of information. Thanks.

IIRC, I think it may have been a day or two. Just keep trying every now and then and you should be able to get in eventually.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 pm

part of the 2/3 crowd....good luck!

henry flower

Postby henry flower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:part of the 2/3 crowd....good luck!

what are your numbers? not that I think these batches are necessarily anything more than a crapshoot

Asleep

Postby Asleep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I applied ED to Penn in the fall and was rejected. I was thinking of changing my app to binding ED, but it says you can only apply ED to one school. It seems to me that this would not apply in this case because there is no longer a chance of me getting a binding decision from more than one school. Am I missing something or is this kosher to do?

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

henry flower wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:part of the 2/3 crowd....good luck!

what are your numbers? not that I think these batches are necessarily anything more than a crapshoot

165/3.98
had an interview and her info got delayed so thats why my second update took so long, 2/3 is my third update. so basically a reverse splitter.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Asleep wrote:I applied ED to Penn in the fall and was rejected. I was thinking of changing my app to binding ED, but it says you can only apply ED to one school. It seems to me that this would not apply in this case because there is no longer a chance of me getting a binding decision from more than one school. Am I missing something or is this kosher to do?

its kosher, you are released from penn....you cant apply ed to two schools at one time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”