GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nicole88

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby nicole88 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 pm

kjadkins wrote:
kjadkins wrote:Just checked again, updated to 1/26. This is killing me...

Edit: Couldn't generate ASW login :(

Waitlisted :(

Goodbye, DC. The daydreams were fun while they lasted.

Edit: Not the super shiny unicorns and rainbows preferred priority waitlist either, just the "you suck just enough to not get our special wait-list but you don't suck enough to just reject you already" wait-list

did you apply to both programs or just FT? Were you ED or RD?

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:I second that. Being deferred to RD from ED is like torture. Also, law4vus I love love love your picture. That's such a great movie. Maybe we will be the lucky EDs who get in RD? We can hope right!!!! :D

I sure hope we do get lucky! I don't think there's more of a true "DC" kid than me. I've grown up here, know the city like the back of my hand, and I know that being here in my comfort zone will help me greatly. A lot of people bash the city, but if you gave me the decision to choose between DC and NYC, I'd pick DC 100 percent of the time (and I know that isn't popular opinion). And of course going to Georgetown is one of the best ways to secure employment in DC.

And yes, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is amazing, both the book and the movie. I might go watch it right now, lol

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:36 am

law4vus wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:I second that. Being deferred to RD from ED is like torture. Also, law4vus I love love love your picture. That's such a great movie. Maybe we will be the lucky EDs who get in RD? We can hope right!!!! :D

I sure hope we do get lucky! I don't think there's more of a true "DC" kid than me. I've grown up here, know the city like the back of my hand, and I know that being here in my comfort zone will help me greatly. A lot of people bash the city, but if you gave me the decision to choose between DC and NYC, I'd pick DC 100 percent of the time (and I know that isn't popular opinion). And of course going to Georgetown is one of the best ways to secure employment in DC.

And yes, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is amazing, both the book and the movie. I might go watch it right now, lol

Agreed. I didn't apply to a single school in NYC. So not for me. I LOVE the DC area. And I visited GTown both main campus and law and all I can say is W-O-W. Beautiful. Good call on the rewatch. Watching kids movies is so relaxing after a long day. Although after reading (I think it was kjadkins) post on the ding bar I may have to go with Aladdin.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 am

law4vus wrote:

Why don't you go PT?

dlpelletier

Postby dlpelletier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 am

fatduck wrote:well this is just one data point but i am a marginal candidate (lsat at median, gpa < 25%) and i got a 1 on 1 interview

about a week after the interview i got an email saying my application had been held until later in the cycle

fwiw my status checker still says Completed 12/3

have any of the "held for further consideration" candidates received new info yet? haven't seen any so far in the thread

In the same boat as far as the move from ED to RD and no updates but mine is dated 10/29 wait is killing me.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:47 pm

my 3 weeks have come and gone for the ED with no response. part of me wants to call (partially just to confirm that I am being considered ED, though I filled out the separate app for sure) because I want Georgetown so bad, but I feel like that's just not a good idea. Anyone else take more than 3 weeks and then get in? need some hope!

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Perch wrote:my 3 weeks have come and gone for the ED with no response. part of me wants to call (partially just to confirm that I am being considered ED, though I filled out the separate app for sure) because I want Georgetown so bad, but I feel like that's just not a good idea. Anyone else take more than 3 weeks and then get in? need some hope!

Beginning when are you counting the "3 weeks"? I am at around 5 weeks ever since I submitted my app, and 3 weeks after the first "application complete" update. But then it updated again to "Application completed", so I'm not sure when to start counting time.

Warbucks

Postby Warbucks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Last edited by Warbucks on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:05 pm

URMdan wrote:
Perch wrote:my 3 weeks have come and gone for the ED with no response. part of me wants to call (partially just to confirm that I am being considered ED, though I filled out the separate app for sure) because I want Georgetown so bad, but I feel like that's just not a good idea. Anyone else take more than 3 weeks and then get in? need some hope!

Beginning when are you counting the "3 weeks"? I am at around 5 weeks ever since I submitted my app, and 3 weeks after the first "application complete" update. But then it updated again to "Application completed", so I'm not sure when to start counting time.

three weeks after first "application completed" is what I was referring to, I think I'm at around 5-6 weeks or so all told because of the holiday break

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Status updated to 1/27 and it no longer reads "Both" but instead reads "Full Time." Is this a good sign? Or, does it automatically change to Full time even if you have been waitlisted or denied???

TheAudacityofHope

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey, guys.

I've been lurking for quite some time now. I applied ED to the PT program the night that the Dec. scores were released. Since then I was updated at 1/14 and 1/21. I'm expecting an update tomorrow. That'll be three updates, three weeks. Yikes. I guess I could find out tomorrow. :shock:

For people that received interviews: how were you notified about receiving an interview? How soon after you applied were you notified? And when did you apply? And to what program and through what track? Or, to put it another way, did anyone that took the December LSAT and applied ED to the PT program receive an interview?

Thanks, y'all.

Good god I hope I get into Georgetown. Went for a tour and info session and, jesus, it's beautiful. I had such a corny feeling of feeling "at home" when I was there. :oops:

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:Hey, guys.

I've been lurking for quite some time now. I applied ED to the PT program the night that the Dec. scores were released. Since then I was updated at 1/14 and 1/21. I'm expecting an update tomorrow. That'll be three updates, three weeks. Yikes. I guess I could find out tomorrow. :shock:

For people that received interviews: how were you notified about receiving an interview? How soon after you applied were you notified? And when did you apply? And to what program and through what track? Or, to put it another way, did anyone that took the December LSAT and applied ED to the PT program receive an interview?

Thanks, y'all.

Good god I hope I get into Georgetown. Went for a tour and info session and, jesus, it's beautiful. I had such a corny feeling of feeling "at home" when I was there. :oops:

I was contacted via e-mail about the interview. I submitted my application right after Thanksgiving and was granted an interview in the first week of January. I applied to both FT and PT.

I know what you mean about the corny feeling! I've had it as well.

TheAudacityofHope

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

onepass wrote:

Thanks, y'all.

I was contacted via e-mail about the interview. I submitted my application right after Thanksgiving and was granted an interview in the first week of January. I applied to both FT and PT.

Thanks!

So, you didn't apply ED? Btw, is not being offered an interview a bad sign?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:36 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:
onepass wrote:

Thanks, y'all.

Thanks!

So, you didn't apply ED? Btw, is not being offered an interview a bad sign?

It depends how strong (or weak) an applicant you are, but it's open to interpretation.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm

For those of you who Ed'd it is (about) 3 weeks form your 2nd complete date. If you have any questions you can totally call the admissions office and ask them politely. I called a couple of times and they were always very helpful and understanding.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:44 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:For those of you who Ed'd it is (about) 3 weeks form your 2nd complete date. If you have any questions you can totally call the admissions office and ask them politely. I called a couple of times and they were always very helpful and understanding.

is it just me or did I understand it to be 3 weeks from the first completion date in the contract? I will wait as long as it takes, I guess I'm just surprised.

ps. thanks for the help!
Last edited by Perch on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAudacityofHope

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:44 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:For those of you who Ed'd it is (about) 3 weeks form your 2nd complete date. If you have any questions you can totally call the admissions office and ask them politely. I called a couple of times and they were always very helpful and understanding.

Hmm, so perhaps I have another week or so to breathe before hyperventilating or not breathing at all..ever again.

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Anyone update to 1/27? The fact that my status checker no longer reads both makes me think a decision has been reached but I don't know if it is good or bad.

TheAudacityofHope

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:05 pm

onepass wrote:Anyone update to 1/27? The fact that my status checker no longer reads both makes me think a decision has been reached but I don't know if it is good or bad.

Did it change you to FT or PT?

silverlake33

Postby silverlake33 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:07 pm

I had my interview and it didn't go so well. I had a bad feeling from the start (woman instead of man, non-responsive to emails, took forever to finally schedule the thing despite repeatedly offering multiple days/times). Durnig the interview itself, it seemed she had an air of disinterest like she'd rather be somewhere else.

I have a feeling I'm in for a ding at this point. I should have been more pro-active about getting a different interview in the beginning when it took over 2 weeks for her to respond to me, but I had just received an acceptance at another school I liked and grew a bit complacent. Regretting it now :oops:

RicketyCricket

Postby RicketyCricket » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:11 pm

onepass wrote:Anyone update to 1/27? The fact that my status checker no longer reads both makes me think a decision has been reached but I don't know if it is good or bad.

Have you tried the ASW?

yale2011

Postby yale2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanguar

Postby sanguar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

yale2011 wrote:1/27 update (3rd time). No ASW yet.

I don't think it works till after 5 eastern...

TheAudacityofHope

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:21 pm

sanguar wrote:
yale2011 wrote:1/27 update (3rd time). No ASW yet.

I don't think it works till after 5 eastern...

For you 1/27-ers, when did you first go complete?

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

It updated to full time. Tried ASW even though I know it isn't until 5 EST.

First went complete November 27th. It was right after Thanksgiving I think.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”