GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
talkingdonkey
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby talkingdonkey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I had an interview mid-December and stayed UR 11/30 until about a week ago.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 pm

1/26 = death date then?? Has anyone gotten good news with this date?!

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

law4vus wrote:
To answer your other question, I was deferred to regular decision from early decision. So still waiting.

I'm sure if an adcomm is reading this, they know exactly who I am. What are you gonna do?

PLEASE ACCEPT ME!!!



I second that. Being deferred to RD from ED is like torture. Also, law4vus I love love love your picture. That's such a great movie. Maybe we will be the lucky EDs who get in RD? We can hope right!!!! :D

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 pm

iwanta170 wrote:When did you all group interview?


It was Monday 1/6 for me too.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby law4vus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 pm

HappyinDC wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:When did you all group interview?


It was Monday 1/6 for me too.


1/6 was a Thursday

klgp09
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby klgp09 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:1/26 = death date then?? Has anyone gotten good news with this date?!


I just updated to 1/26 from 1/5 (I think before that was 12/20? don't remember) and haven't heard any bad news (yet)....also I'm scheduled for a group interview in NY on 2/8 (yikes that's late). So maybe it's not an absolute death knell? Seems pretty harsh to wl/reject before the interview even happens....

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

klgp09 wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:1/26 = death date then?? Has anyone gotten good news with this date?!


I just updated to 1/26 from 1/5 (I think before that was 12/20? don't remember) and haven't heard any bad news (yet)....also I'm scheduled for a group interview in NY on 2/8 (yikes that's late). So maybe it's not an absolute death knell? Seems pretty harsh to wl/reject before the interview even happens....


I think one or two people got accepted before the interview happened.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby sanguar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Oh, strike that... Now at 1/26 from 1/5 (and yes, I had checked *just* before the last post).

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm 1/5 --> 1/26 as well no bad news yet...

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

law4vus wrote:
HappyinDC wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:When did you all group interview?


It was Monday 1/6 for me too.


1/6 was a Thursday


...That's what I get for looking at the December calendar. Monday 1/10 it is! (Maybe this is the reason for my WL!)

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Teflon1974 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:13 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:To anyone with a one on one interview... How long did it take for your date to change afterwards? Looking at 12/17 is starting to get depressing.


One or two days. I think one day. Sine it has been over a month since your interview, I would call to make sure that the interviewer submitted their evaluation. I had sent my interviewer a follow-up thank you email, and she replied that she was just in the process of submitting my evaluation. Might be a good nudge, if you haven't thanked the interviewer yet.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:To anyone with a one on one interview... How long did it take for your date to change afterwards? Looking at 12/17 is starting to get depressing.


One or two days. I think one day. Sine it has been over a month since your interview, I would call to make sure that the interviewer submitted their evaluation. I had sent my interviewer a follow-up thank you email, and she replied that she was just in the process of submitting my evaluation. Might be a good nudge, if you haven't thanked the interviewer yet.


Oh no, 12/17 was when I was invited to interview, and thus my last complete date. I interviewed in the last two weeks or so, but I'm getting antsy again because I know other people updated pretty quickly after their interview. That and my interviewer took four weeks getting to me about scheduling my interview, I don't want them to take another four to get back to GULC about me :shock: I couldn't take it.

I was just wondering if anyone else had taken a long time.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby sanguar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::

edited to add: just checked, no access to admitted students site (second edit: changed "ASW" to admitted students site.... why? I don't know... long day and ambiguous abbreviations suddenly irritate me)
Last edited by sanguar on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby spacepenguin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 pm

sanguar wrote:Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::



Mother of God! I'll be the only person left at 1/5.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 pm

sanguar wrote:Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::

edited to add: just checked, no access to ASW

right there with ya

bruinkid8
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bruinkid8 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 pm

I went complete on 1/5 and was asked for a 1on1 interview with an alumni, which took place yesterday. I thought it went well, but I really hope it doesn't take a long time for me to hear back. At this point, i just want to know one way or the other.

Has anyone been accepted after having a 1on1 interview yet?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deuce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:54 pm

anyone else October app. held for later review?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Deuce wrote:anyone else October app. held for later review?



Me. My status hasn't changed since I got that email.

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Has anyone figured out the difference between the group interview and the 1on1?

From searching TLS, it seems like the 1on1 is for applicants on the cusp? I have a group interview coming up.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby krad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
sanguar wrote:Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::



Mother of God! I'll be the only person left at 1/5.


Meh, I'm still sitting at 1/5, blah.

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bela » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

krad wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
sanguar wrote:Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::



Mother of God! I'll be the only person left at 1/5.


Meh, I'm still sitting at 1/5, blah.


Also at 1/5

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Silence on my end since 12/13.

alicen
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby alicen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Bela wrote:
krad wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
sanguar wrote:Just updated from completed 1/5 --> 1/26. No bad news (yet). ::fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder, etc::



Mother of God! I'll be the only person left at 1/5.


Meh, I'm still sitting at 1/5, blah.


Also at 1/5


+1/5

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:Has anyone figured out the difference between the group interview and the 1on1?

From searching TLS, it seems like the 1on1 is for applicants on the cusp? I have a group interview coming up.



anybody?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby fatduck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 pm

well this is just one data point but i am a marginal candidate (lsat at median, gpa < 25%) and i got a 1 on 1 interview

about a week after the interview i got an email saying my application had been held until later in the cycle

fwiw my status checker still says Completed 12/3

have any of the "held for further consideration" candidates received new info yet? haven't seen any so far in the thread




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”