GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ratchet Jackson

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

kjadkins wrote:
onepass wrote:Has it been determined that complete/completed mean anything?

I changed to completed on 1/20 (probably my 6th status change) and never received a WL/ding e-mail. And I have been unable to generate a password.

I had "Application Completed" at at least one status update BEFORE this last update, so not JUST the final update is to "completed". I know I've said that a couple of times already but I honestly don't think there's a difference between "Complete" and "completed".

I agree.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 pm

kjadkins wrote:How soon will the email come after status checker changes?

Bumping this question.... of those WLed/Rejected, how soon did your email come after you had your final update?

stephan75th

Postby stephan75th » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:18 am

I applied to both PT and FT. I was able to generate a username and password today after I saw the 1/24 update on the application status page. I am assuming that I am only admitted to the PT program due to a change on the status checker (switched from "Both" to "PT"). I interviewed on 12/29. I can't think of any other pertinent info right now. I'm so hyped.

Peg

Postby Peg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 am

So in 3 hours I'm going to phone GULC and ask them about the "Complete" vs "Completed" thing and I'll let you know what they tell me, if they tell me anything.

I'm getting twitchy now - it still only said "complete" on 1/14 and it's "completed" as of 1/21, but I haven't received a ding email yet although they had a chance to give me one yesterday. Dare I hope I was waitlisted?

I'm sorry if this is an insensitive question for those who were dinged (I hope all of you nevertheless become awesome lawyers with 160k offers where ever you graduate from): when you got the ding email, were you notified the same day as the application went "completed", or before the status change, or did it say "completed" for a few days before you were dinged?

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 am

stephan75th wrote:I applied to both PT and FT. I was able to generate a username and password today after I saw the 1/24 update on the application status page. I am assuming that I am only admitted to the PT program due to a change on the status checker (switched from "Both" to "PT"). I interviewed on 12/29. I can't think of any other pertinent info right now. I'm so hyped.

congrats!

Peg

Postby Peg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am

Called GULC. Getting "Application Completed" does not mean that they have made a decision on your application yet, it just means that you're in review. "Complete" means your application is ready for review.

And since they never tell you when your review ends and a decision is made, your status will still say "completed" when you get your decision.

androstan

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 am

Peg wrote:Called GULC. Getting "Application Completed" does not mean that they have made a decision on your application yet, it just means that you're in review. "Complete" means your application is ready for review.

And since they never tell you when your review ends and a decision is made, your status will still say "completed" when you get your decision.

Thanks so much!

rbarcelo9

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 am

Application completed 1/5/11....c'mon GULC let me know!

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

just a random paranoid thought: for those who applied ED, does your status checker note that anywhere?

androstan

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Perch wrote:just a random paranoid thought: for those who applied ED, does your status checker note that anywhere?

Nope.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

androstan wrote:
Perch wrote:just a random paranoid thought: for those who applied ED, does your status checker note that anywhere?

Nope.

how about an emailing saying you're an ED applicant? anything?

androstan

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Perch wrote:
androstan wrote:

Nope.

Nada.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 pm

androstan wrote:
Perch wrote:
androstan wrote:

Nope.

Nada.

thanks.

environmentallaw

Postby environmentallaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:51 pm

stephan75th wrote:I applied to both PT and FT. I was able to generate a username and password today after I saw the 1/24 update on the application status page. I am assuming that I am only admitted to the PT program due to a change on the status checker (switched from "Both" to "PT"). I interviewed on 12/29. I can't think of any other pertinent info right now. I'm so hyped.

Congrats!!! And +1 here... I went complete for the third time on 1/24 and I was just able to generate a username and password!! I think I've read before that the username/password typically don't work until the end of the week though, right?

talkingdonkey

Postby talkingdonkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

environmentallaw wrote:

Congrats!!! And +1 here... I went complete for the third time on 1/24 and I was just able to generate a username and password!! I think I've read before that the username/password typically don't work until the end of the week though, right?

That would make sense. I'm in the same boat as you and my username/pw won't work for me yet.

androstan

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Updated 1/25. Still says "application completed". Can't get into admitted student's site.

GULC, baby, you're makin' me crazy.

vdjenkins

Postby vdjenkins » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Same here, updated from 1/21. Though the "program time" line still reads "both." This is maddening.

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 pm

androstan wrote:Updated 1/25. Still says "application completed". Can't get into admitted student's site.

GULC, baby, you're makin' me crazy.

+1 and agreed!

ht2988

Postby ht2988 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Complete 12/13 > Completed 1/25

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Please look at my application. I know I wasn't good enough for you to let me in ED but could you please let me in RD? Pretty please? You've been ignoring me since December 10 and I applied back in October. I feel like a fish on your hook and you are taking your sweet time to decide whether to reel me in or throw me back into the sea.

I still really really really love you (puhleeeeeeeeease let me in),

Swimmergirl

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm

I was able to generate the username and PW just now (Application Completed, 1/24/11), but I could not log into the ASW with them.

Did people experience similar delays before?

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

ThreeYears wrote:I was able to generate the username and PW just now (Application Completed, 1/24/11), but I could not log into the ASW with them.

Yes. Congrats, you will be able to log in and receive your letter on Friday/Saturday.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:I was able to generate the username and PW just now (Application Completed, 1/24/11), but I could not log into the ASW with them.

Yes. Congrats, you will be able to log in and receive your letter on Friday/Saturday.

Hey, Thanks a lot, buddy. It's very helpful information and I will be able to answer similar questions in the future :-)

androstan

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:56 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:

Hey, Thanks a lot, buddy. It's very helpful information and I will be able to answer similar questions in the future :-)

So if I can't get a username/PW tomorrow I didn't get in?

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 pm

androstan wrote:So if I can't get a username/PW tomorrow I didn't get in?

No, it just means you haven't gotten in yet.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”