GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby URMdan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:13 pm

androstan wrote:
URMdan wrote:Anyone else get updated on 1/21 and hear nothing?

edit: I'm applying PT


Yes.


What are your numbers? Do you think we're pending an acceptance?

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 pm

any movement today?

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Perch wrote:any movement today?


Nope :(

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

androstan wrote:
URMdan wrote:Anyone else get updated on 1/21 and hear nothing?

edit: I'm applying PT


Yes.


+1

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby URMdan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Peg wrote:
androstan wrote:
URMdan wrote:Anyone else get updated on 1/21 and hear nothing?

edit: I'm applying PT


Yes.


+1


Anyone know what this means?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 pm

URMdan wrote:
Peg wrote:
androstan wrote:
URMdan wrote:Anyone else get updated on 1/21 and hear nothing?

edit: I'm applying PT


Yes.


+1


Anyone know what this means?



Not to get hopes up but probably something good! GULC seems to be sending WL/Dings via email and acceptances via snail mail so no email is usually a good sign!

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:05 pm

And interestingly, everyone who updated is a splitter or below GULC numbers.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

[Not to get hopes up but probably something good! GULC seems to be sending WL/Dings via email and acceptances via snail mail so no email is usually a good sign![/quote]


They are talking about an update not something coming by snail mail. It could also be the opposite and be a ding and they haven't sent out the email yet. I would just wait and see. I don't think it looks good if everyone is below their numbers. Hope it is good news.

bruinkid8
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bruinkid8 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

i have my one-on-one alumni interview tomorrow. anything i should know? how long does it take after the interview for them to admit/deny you?

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby URMdan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Peg wrote:And interestingly, everyone who updated is a splitter or below GULC numbers.



Stalker

Deam
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Updated 1/24, previous update was 1/5 to complete

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2558
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby androstan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Deam wrote:Updated 1/24, previous update was 1/5 to complete


Applying PT?

Deam
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 pm

androstan wrote:
Deam wrote:Updated 1/24, previous update was 1/5 to complete


Applying PT?


No, FT ED

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Deam wrote:
androstan wrote:
Deam wrote:Updated 1/24, previous update was 1/5 to complete


Applying PT?


No, FT ED


so 2nd update? looking for a pattern. your 3 weeks is nearly up, no?

Deam
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Perch wrote:
Deam wrote:
androstan wrote:
Deam wrote:Updated 1/24, previous update was 1/5 to complete


Applying PT?


No, FT ED


so 2nd update? looking for a pattern. your 3 weeks is nearly up, no?


2nd update with a "complete" status. Sent my app in December 10th, but when I called around the 17th to ask why my status still only read "Received" I was told they were no longer looking at applications until after new years, and I would be in the first batch to get sent in early January. So yes, 3 weeks should be almost up.

*fingers crossed*

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I applied 11/15, went complete 12/6, had an interview 12/14, and have heard NOTHING since.

My numbers are competitive...I'm a little worried because for almost 2 months I've just sat at 12/6... :?

Related, I saw the complete vs. completed discussion earlier. My checker says "completed" by I cannot remember if it was complete before...wasn't paying much attention.

Any thoughts? To be honest, I'm starting to panic a bit. Thanks in advanced...

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm

BuckeyeGirl wrote:I applied 11/15, went complete 12/6, had an interview 12/14, and have heard NOTHING since.

My numbers are competitive...I'm a little worried because for almost 2 months I've just sat at 12/6... :?

Related, I saw the complete vs. completed discussion earlier. My checker says "completed" by I cannot remember if it was complete before...wasn't paying much attention.

Any thoughts? To be honest, I'm starting to panic a bit. Thanks in advanced...


was it an alumni interview? perhaps the interviewer forgot to submit something?

also, I don't know about the complete v completed...missed that conversation I suppose

good luck!

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Perch wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:I applied 11/15, went complete 12/6, had an interview 12/14, and have heard NOTHING since.

My numbers are competitive...I'm a little worried because for almost 2 months I've just sat at 12/6... :?

Related, I saw the complete vs. completed discussion earlier. My checker says "completed" by I cannot remember if it was complete before...wasn't paying much attention.

Any thoughts? To be honest, I'm starting to panic a bit. Thanks in advanced...


was it an alumni interview? perhaps the interviewer forgot to submit something?

also, I don't know about the complete v completed...missed that conversation I suppose

good luck!


It was, and I am hoping that isn't the case...my interview went so well and my interviewer seemed so competent and organized! Trying to contact them now, but the phone system is not making that easy..

Thanks for the advice

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby onepass » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:38 pm

There is a difference between complete and completed? I never noticed.

Mine is application completed and the last update was 1/20.

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

There was some sort of question about complete/D, but since I JUST talked to the admissions office and evidently they don't have anything from my interview 6 weeks ago (UGH), I'm thinking there isn't.

Sorry to incite panic! :/

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 pm

BuckeyeGirl wrote:There was some sort of question about complete/D, but since I JUST talked to the admissions office and evidently they don't have anything from my interview 6 weeks ago (UGH), I'm thinking there isn't.

Sorry to incite panic! :/


good thing you checked!

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Perch wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:There was some sort of question about complete/D, but since I JUST talked to the admissions office and evidently they don't have anything from my interview 6 weeks ago (UGH), I'm thinking there isn't.

Sorry to incite panic! :/


good thing you checked!


Indeed. It seems trying really hard not to be THAT applicant harassing the office wasn't the best strategy after all!

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:15 pm

can anyone weigh in on the complete v completed thing?

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby law4vus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Deferred. Better than an outright rejection, I guess.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ship87 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I thought I would check in. I sent my app 12/20, interviewed in early January and have been Application Completed since 1/18. Good luck to everyone!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, BrainsyK, lawlawland16, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests