GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 am

Perch wrote:anyone that went to 1/19 get into the ASW tonight?

It'll be Monday...

User avatar
adamdroog
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby adamdroog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Updated from 1/5 to 1/20.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Did you recently have an interview?

I updated to 1/5 when the interview request went out and had my interview two days ago. I'm assuming that the evaluation hasn't been updated into my file yet.

User avatar
adamdroog
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby adamdroog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Just now got an interview request email.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Great! The interview was a lot of fun and just talking to an alum made GULC jump so far to the front of the line, that if I got in, I would be withdrawing from everywhere else.

I just updated to today. Apperantly, my interview evaluation has gone into my file.

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 pm

adamdroog wrote:Just now got an interview request email.


likewise...I'll take it as a good sign :P

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Does anyone know how long it generally takes to hear back after your file has been updated from the interview results?

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


well said...on that note, any other 1/11s out there?

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Perch wrote:
Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


well said...on that note, any other 1/11s out there?


I'm at 1/14, although apparently I'm lucky in comparison to everyone whose last update was in December.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Peg wrote:
Perch wrote:
Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


well said...on that note, any other 1/11s out there?


I'm at 1/14, although apparently I'm lucky in comparison to everyone whose last update was in December.


Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

JTMan wrote:
Peg wrote:
Perch wrote:
Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


well said...on that note, any other 1/11s out there?


I'm at 1/14, although apparently I'm lucky in comparison to everyone whose last update was in December.


Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR


when did you get the email? on 12/3?

User avatar
speedyj88
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby speedyj88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:20 pm

adamdroog wrote:Updated from 1/5 to 1/20.

adamdroog wrote:Just now got an interview request email.

+ 1 to both of those. Hopefully it's a good sign for all of us.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


Meh, I think I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting in, so now I get to imagine life OUTSIDE DC. I'm going to miss it. :(

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR[/quote]

when did you get the email? on 12/3?[/quote]


No I got the held email on like 12/23

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

law4vus wrote:
Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


Meh, I think I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting in, so now I get to imagine life OUTSIDE DC. I'm going to miss it. :(


Don't give up! :(

Although a small part of my mind keeps warning me that I would be happier and mentally healthier if I just let go too. Apparently I am a sucker for punishment.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Peg wrote:
law4vus wrote:
Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.


Meh, I think I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting in, so now I get to imagine life OUTSIDE DC. I'm going to miss it. :(


Don't give up! :(

Although a small part of my mind keeps warning me that I would be happier and mentally healthier if I just let go too. Apparently I am a sucker for punishment.


I think I'm on the giving up side

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

JTMan wrote:
I think I'm on the giving up side


im getting there...ED and my three weeks are nearly up. bad sign or does it seem that GULC takes the full three weeks this cycle (and then some?)

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Perch wrote:
JTMan wrote:
I think I'm on the giving up side


im getting there...ED and my three weeks are nearly up. bad sign or does it seem that GULC takes the full three weeks this cycle (and then some?)


Apparently if you've done the interview, it takes a little longer. Maybe it takes a little longer without the interviews too.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

no interview unfortunately. I REALLY wish I could get one.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Perch wrote:
JTMan wrote:
I think I'm on the giving up side


im getting there...ED and my three weeks are nearly up. bad sign or does it seem that GULC takes the full three weeks this cycle (and then some?)


ED'd around December 13 or so...had group interview in early Jan. Still "complete" at 1/4. No telling when I'll get a decision.

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby laurencita7 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Just got the hold email -- says I'll have a decision by 2/28. I applied 11/11, got the interview request 12/3, had my interview first week of January, status checker updated yesterday. GULC is a reach so this is not really a surprise... at least I know when I will know!

User avatar
alexandra
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby alexandra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

I had no idea that complete/UR dates had any meaning! Do they for all schools or only GULC?

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:19 pm

alexandra wrote:I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

I had no idea that complete/UR dates had any meaning! Do they for all schools or only GULC?


typically that date will change 3-4 times before a decision is reached, but the status checker will never say "decision rendered" or anything, you'll either get a letter or an email

User avatar
alexandra
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby alexandra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Perch wrote:
alexandra wrote:I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

I had no idea that complete/UR dates had any meaning! Do they for all schools or only GULC?


typically that date will change 3-4 times before a decision is reached, but the status checker will never say "decision rendered" or anything, you'll either get a letter or an email


Do complete dates have to do with you LSAT score or GPA, or chances of admission in general?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”