GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
birdlaw117

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 am

Perch wrote:anyone that went to 1/19 get into the ASW tonight?

It'll be Monday...

adamdroog

Postby adamdroog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Updated from 1/5 to 1/20.

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Did you recently have an interview?

I updated to 1/5 when the interview request went out and had my interview two days ago. I'm assuming that the evaluation hasn't been updated into my file yet.

adamdroog

Postby adamdroog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Just now got an interview request email.

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Great! The interview was a lot of fun and just talking to an alum made GULC jump so far to the front of the line, that if I got in, I would be withdrawing from everywhere else.

I just updated to today. Apperantly, my interview evaluation has gone into my file.

edgarfigaro

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 pm

adamdroog wrote:Just now got an interview request email.

likewise...I'll take it as a good sign :P

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Does anyone know how long it generally takes to hear back after your file has been updated from the interview results?

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

Because this is how I torture myself.

If I end up getting dinged, it will not be pretty.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Peg wrote:Ugh, the wait is killing me.

How many of you torture yourselves by imagining life at GULC? Imagining your room at Gewirz Student Center, imagining your classes, studying in the GULC library, walking around Capitol Hill because it's right there, taking the train into the Union Square station every morning, getting externships in DC, shopping for groceries in DC, and all of that?

well said...on that note, any other 1/11s out there?

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Perch wrote:

I'm at 1/14, although apparently I'm lucky in comparison to everyone whose last update was in December.

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Peg wrote:
Perch wrote:

I'm at 1/14, although apparently I'm lucky in comparison to everyone whose last update was in December.

Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

JTMan wrote:
Peg wrote:
Perch wrote:

Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR

when did you get the email? on 12/3?

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:20 pm

adamdroog wrote:Updated from 1/5 to 1/20.

adamdroog wrote:Just now got an interview request email.

+ 1 to both of those. Hopefully it's a good sign for all of us.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Meh, I think I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting in, so now I get to imagine life OUTSIDE DC. I'm going to miss it. :(

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Yea LAST update 12/3 then the dreaded held email. I'm a little disappointed I applied to both PT and FT and have 167/3.88......makes me wonder if my boss put something negative in my LOR[/quote]

when did you get the email? on 12/3?[/quote]

No I got the held email on like 12/23

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

law4vus wrote:

Meh, I think I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting in, so now I get to imagine life OUTSIDE DC. I'm going to miss it. :(

Don't give up! :(

Although a small part of my mind keeps warning me that I would be happier and mentally healthier if I just let go too. Apparently I am a sucker for punishment.

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Peg wrote:
law4vus wrote:

Don't give up! :(

Although a small part of my mind keeps warning me that I would be happier and mentally healthier if I just let go too. Apparently I am a sucker for punishment.

I think I'm on the giving up side

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

JTMan wrote:

im getting there...ED and my three weeks are nearly up. bad sign or does it seem that GULC takes the full three weeks this cycle (and then some?)

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Perch wrote:
JTMan wrote:

im getting there...ED and my three weeks are nearly up. bad sign or does it seem that GULC takes the full three weeks this cycle (and then some?)

Apparently if you've done the interview, it takes a little longer. Maybe it takes a little longer without the interviews too.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

no interview unfortunately. I REALLY wish I could get one.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Perch wrote:
JTMan wrote:

ED'd around December 13 or so...had group interview in early Jan. Still "complete" at 1/4. No telling when I'll get a decision.

laurencita7

Postby laurencita7 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Just got the hold email -- says I'll have a decision by 2/28. I applied 11/11, got the interview request 12/3, had my interview first week of January, status checker updated yesterday. GULC is a reach so this is not really a surprise... at least I know when I will know!

alexandra

Postby alexandra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

I had no idea that complete/UR dates had any meaning! Do they for all schools or only GULC?

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:19 pm

alexandra wrote:I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

I had no idea that complete/UR dates had any meaning! Do they for all schools or only GULC?

typically that date will change 3-4 times before a decision is reached, but the status checker will never say "decision rendered" or anything, you'll either get a letter or an email

alexandra

Postby alexandra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Perch wrote:
alexandra wrote:I'm complete at 1/7. Any meaning to this? :?:

typically that date will change 3-4 times before a decision is reached, but the status checker will never say "decision rendered" or anything, you'll either get a letter or an email

Do complete dates have to do with you LSAT score or GPA, or chances of admission in general?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”