GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dlpelletier
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby dlpelletier » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 am

10/29 has to be one of the longest. Would love to know anything other than that it's gathering dust.

kevanzhou
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kevanzhou » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 am

Perch wrote:1/11 here, no letter, no email, haven't tried the ASW. anyone get letters early in the week or do they always come friday/saturday?

you should try the ASW

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:01 am

kevanzhou wrote:
Perch wrote:1/11 here, no letter, no email, haven't tried the ASW. anyone get letters early in the week or do they always come friday/saturday?

you should try the ASW


don't have the gall to try to log into something that I haven't been told I have access to

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Gotti » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am

kjadkins wrote:I'm still at 12/13 :(



me too. annoying.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kjadkins » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 am

Gotti wrote:
kjadkins wrote:I'm still at 12/13 :(



me too. annoying.


I really thought there'd be some movement after my interview. But nada. :(

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Gotti » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 am

kjadkins wrote:
Gotti wrote:
kjadkins wrote:I'm still at 12/13 :(



me too. annoying.


I really thought there'd be some movement after my interview. But nada. :(


ugh I wish I had an opportunity to interview. I'm so good at those lol

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am

meee tooo I'd love to go kill an interview.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 am

krad wrote:Yo yooo anyone still sitting at 1/5 with me? Man GULC, slow as molasses.

right there with you! Had an <group> interview last week.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ship87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

12/23 -> 1/18 wohooo
Had a group interview early Jan. Good to see some movement Gtown. 1 or 2 more updates and I'll have a decision. Sorry to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Ship87 wrote:12/23 -> 1/18 wohooo
Had a group interview early Jan. Good to see some movement Gtown. 1 or 2 more updates and I'll have a decision. Sorry to everyone still waiting!

good to know they are moving those interview apps. Was yours with Dean Cornblatt?

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ship87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
Ship87 wrote:12/23 -> 1/18 wohooo
Had a group interview early Jan. Good to see some movement Gtown. 1 or 2 more updates and I'll have a decision. Sorry to everyone still waiting!

good to know they are moving those interview apps. Was yours with Dean Cornblatt?


Yeah I think all the group interviews are with him but I could be wrong

RicketyCricket
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby RicketyCricket » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Does Gtown let you switch from a RD to ED application the way UVA does? Now that I've been waitlisted at Vandy I would definitely think about doing that.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JTMan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm

That's my question as well.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby law4vus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Kili wrote:
RicketyCricket wrote:Does Gtown let you switch from a RD to ED application the way UVA does? Now that I've been waitlisted at Vandy I would definitely think about doing that.


I believe the answer is yes.


I'd think so as well, considering both deadlines are the same.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:1/7---- just give me an update GULC...... please?


+1

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Am I crazy not to try the ASW out of some sense of paranoia?...this whole thing is driving me mad

JenBunny
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby JenBunny » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Perch wrote:Am I crazy not to try the ASW out of some sense of paranoia?...this whole thing is driving me mad


Yes. Just give it a try! What's the harm?

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm

JenBunny wrote:
Perch wrote:Am I crazy not to try the ASW out of some sense of paranoia?...this whole thing is driving me mad


Yes. Just give it a try! What's the harm?


therein lies the question...is there a harm and how would we even know?

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 pm

I just don't want GULC to break my heart. It's my top choice. I did ED. My first born for an acceptance?

I'm a little paranoid: I went officially complete on 1/7, the day after December LSAT scores went out. However, LSAC wasn't able to generate my new report for GULC until 1/10. I am worried they are considering my old score right now, not knowing that a higher score awaits if they took another look.

letmk
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:32 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby letmk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:06 pm

I was asked whether I want to have an interview with an alumnus two weeks ago, and I instantly replied yes. However, I never heard from the adcomm or the interviewer again, not even the acknowledgment of my agreement to have the interview. I sent an email last week to ask about it and got no response either, should I write them again? Will it sound too pushy?

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm

letmk wrote:I was asked whether I want to have an interview with an alumnus two weeks ago, and I instantly replied yes. However, I never heard from the adcomm or the interviewer again, not even the acknowledgment of my agreement to have the interview. I sent an email last week to ask about it and got no response either, should I write them again? Will it sound too pushy?


I'd write them. Just say you want to confirm that they received your "yes". Stuff gets lost in the mail, even electronic mail, and sometimes stuff just gets lost (secretaries, bureaucracy, etc.)

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

letmk wrote:I was asked whether I want to have an interview with an alumnus two weeks ago, and I instantly replied yes. However, I never heard from the adcomm or the interviewer again, not even the acknowledgment of my agreement to have the interview. I sent an email last week to ask about it and got no response either, should I write them again? Will it sound too pushy?

I would call after 3 weeks from the date you confirmed you would interview. It states in the email that it can take up to three weeks. I called at about 2.5 weeks and the GULC adcomm told me to wait and call back after the three week mark if I had yet to hear from my interviewer.

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 pm

does anyone know what the deal is with gtowns merit scholarships? what kind of forms must one fill out (if any) and what the deadlines are...

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:does anyone know what the deal is with gtowns merit scholarships? what kind of forms must one fill out (if any) and what the deadlines are...


Ditto, but need...

I know the forms you do for need based, but what sort of amounts do they give out? And how much can you expect, for say, 0 EFC.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, ReadyToStart, whodareswins and 13 guests