GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeeCee

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby DeeCee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:42 pm

xtine wrote:Just thought I'd update... I submitted on 11/8 and then the updates that I paid attention to were 11/30-->12/20-->12/22--12/23 then received an email on 12/23 that I'm being "held". Sigh. Merry Christmas to me? They really couldn't have waited until after the holidays? Oh well, better than the preferred waitlist like last year, I guess. :(

Edit: Thought I'd post my stats for those interested: 3.22/170/Hispanic (but not URM)

Oh if you're being held that means I have no hope!!

09nlm

Postby 09nlm » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Last edited by 09nlm on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

09nlm wrote:Anyone still stuck on 12/6?

me. submitted 11/14.

logistikon

Postby logistikon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:07 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else here stuck on 12/13?

+1

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:
09nlm wrote:Anyone still stuck on 12/6?

me. submitted 11/14.

Same here

savvyradish

Postby savvyradish » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:36 pm

logistikon wrote:

+1

Whattup 12/13. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 pm

savvyradish wrote:
logistikon wrote:

+1

Whattup 12/13. Glad to know I'm not alone.

12/13 crew is rolling pretty deep it seems.

savvyradish

Postby savvyradish » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Word. Perhaps we'll be rolling in acceptances next week?

LawSchoolPorFavor

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:32 pm

+1 12/6 here

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:30 pm

savvyradish wrote:

Word. Perhaps we'll be rolling in acceptances next week?

hope sooooo =)

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Soooo interview request 12/17, and still not a peep from my interviewer. I'm getting antsy, when should I email? :? I just want to go to Georgetowwwnnnnnnn

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Soooo interview request 12/17, and still not a peep from my interviewer. I'm getting antsy, when should I email? :? I just want to go to Georgetowwwnnnnnnn

Took just under 3 weeks for my interviewer to contact me. With the holiday season I would just be patient. If you don't hear anything after the three week point I would call Georgetown and let them know. Phrase the question not as if the interviewer is flaking, but if there is anything they needed you to do. I called around the 2.5 week mark and they told me to called back on Monday, which would have been the 3 weeks if my interviewer had not contacted me.

HTH and GL!

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Soooo interview request 12/17, and still not a peep from my interviewer. I'm getting antsy, when should I email? :? I just want to go to Georgetowwwnnnnnnn

Took just under 3 weeks for my interviewer to contact me. With the holiday season I would just be patient. If you don't hear anything after the three week point I would call Georgetown and let them know. Phrase the question not as if the interviewer is flaking, but if there is anything they needed you to do. I called around the 2.5 week mark and they told me to called back on Monday, which would have been the 3 weeks if my interviewer had not contacted me.

HTH and GL!

Thanks. I figured three weeks would be about the time to call... now that finals and the holidays are over, I need something to take my attention away from my lack of acceptances.

bigwillie

Postby bigwillie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 pm

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I live in Boston and was able to generate a username/password for the ASW on 12/23.

170/3.5X for those keeping track of stats.

azure55

Postby azure55 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in Ohio. Last status change 12/23. So have patience with the holiday mail! Took me three weeks to schedule the interview so hang in there if you don’t hear from someone right away.

167/3.82
2 years WE
WASP not URM

CM612

Postby CM612 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 am

Ludacrispat26 wrote:
garrcv7 wrote:
CM612 wrote:I was invited to do the group interview by email on the 21st but my status checker updated today so I checked the admitted students site just for the hell of it and... a password and username were sent to me. WHAT!? Am I totally paranoid for thinking that my information was already in the system because of the interview RSVP? Could I possibly really be in?

Anybody else have this happen?

Congrats!!!!! Hopefully this means you're in... and I'm nearly positive it does :)

On the other hand, it makes me a littttttle worried about the accuracy of the idea that everyone who gets access to the website has been accepted. I'm probably just being paranoid because I got my username/pw on Monday but I'm still waiting for my letter.... do we still think that access definitely equals acceptance??

definitely makes me worry. ugh

No worries! Got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. Last update 12/23, postmarked 12/28 (I live in Philly). Generating a username/password still means you're in!

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Maybe it's been discussed already in this forum, but does anyone know the average #s for the Gtown Part Time program? I don't think I have a shot at full time, but I checked both boxes (3.6/166/Masters/2 years Teach for America). Realistically, I would definitely teach part time and attend Gtown at night with hopes of transferring to the full time program in my 2nd year.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:50 pm

IsleMet wrote:Maybe it's been discussed already in this forum, but does anyone know the average #s for the Gtown Part Time program? I don't think I have a shot at full time, but I checked both boxes (3.6/166/Masters/2 years Teach for America). Realistically, I would definitely teach part time and attend Gtown at night with hopes of transferring to the full time program in my 2nd year.

The school profile on TLS has the numbers, but what has been discussed on this thread is the possiblity that admission to the PT program is going to become more competetive. The 2 main reasons for this being that 1:they are decreasing the class size, and 2: the PT numbers are going to be considered for 2012 USNWR rankings.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. my numbers are similar to yours (3.62/165), and I too checked that I would do either program. I'm stuck at Complete on 11/22.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Capitol A wrote:
IsleMet wrote:Maybe it's been discussed already in this forum, but does anyone know the average #s for the Gtown Part Time program? I don't think I have a shot at full time, but I checked both boxes (3.6/166/Masters/2 years Teach for America). Realistically, I would definitely teach part time and attend Gtown at night with hopes of transferring to the full time program in my 2nd year.

The school profile on TLS has the numbers, but what has been discussed on this thread is the possiblity that admission to the PT program is going to become more competetive. The 2 main reasons for this being that 1:they are decreasing the class size, and 2: the PT numbers are going to be considered for 2012 USNWR rankings.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. my numbers are similar to yours (3.62/165), and I too checked that I would do either program. I'm stuck at Complete on 11/22.

Thanks for the info. I hope they take work experience into consideration! I went complete sometime in November and then again on 12/8. I might send in a letter explaining how I would love to join the part time program. I'm sure a lot of people just click that box for the hell of it, but I would actually go.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:15 pm

IsleMet wrote:
Capitol A wrote:

Thanks for the info. I hope they take work experience into consideration! I went complete sometime in November and then again on 12/8. I might send in a letter explaining how I would love to join the part time program. I'm sure a lot of people just click that box for the hell of it, but I would actually go.

That's me. I wouldn't do part time, but it would just feel better I think to get dinged from the FT, but admitted to PT.
I too have 7yrs WE, and have heard that it matters a lot to most PT programs. I think your 166 is quite a bit better than my 165. It seems like once you get to like 164 every point is huge. Good luck.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Capitol A wrote:
IsleMet wrote:
Capitol A wrote:

That's me. I wouldn't do part time, but it would just feel better I think to get dinged from the FT, but admitted to PT.
I too have 7yrs WE, and have heard that it matters a lot to most PT programs. I think your 166 is quite a bit better than my 165. It seems like once you get to like 164 every point is huge. Good luck.

Thanks. Good luck to you too. I hate that the LSAT matters so much! I'm so bitter about not hitting that 170 mark haha.

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey what do people mean by generating a user/pass? I'm at 12/23 and have interview on Jan 4th. Do they send you an email for the Admitted students website? Did you click on forgot password and had one generated for your or something?

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Ship87 wrote:Hey what do people mean by generating a user/pass? I'm at 12/23 and have interview on Jan 4th. Do they send you an email for the Admitted students website? Did you click on forgot password and had one generated for your or something?

Once you've been updated 4/5 times to different dates under "Complete," people have been clicking "Forgot Password" on the admitted students website. If you can successfully get a username and password sent to you, that means you're in. Although I highly doubt that would happen before your interview.

Edit: The username/password gets sent via email.

CM612

Postby CM612 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:44 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
Ship87 wrote:Hey what do people mean by generating a user/pass? I'm at 12/23 and have interview on Jan 4th. Do they send you an email for the Admitted students website? Did you click on forgot password and had one generated for your or something?

Once you've been updated 4/5 times to different dates under "Complete," people have been clicking "Forgot Password" on the admitted students website. If you can successfully get a username and password sent to you, that means you're in. Although I highly doubt that would happen before your interview.

It happened before my interview! It's worth a shot. 12/23 was my 3rd update and I was able to generate a password for the accepted students' site. My interview isn't scheduled until Jan. 10 but I got my acceptance letter yesterday.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 pm

CM612 wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

It happened before my interview! It's worth a shot. 12/23 was my 3rd update and I was able to generate a password for the accepted students' site. My interview isn't scheduled until Jan. 10 but I got my acceptance letter yesterday.

I stand corrected. Congrats BTW!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”